AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 14-16 Rating
Perfect 10 25 19.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 13.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 7.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 33 25.58%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-21, 12:10   Link #341
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
But until when Kyousuke himself implied that he loved Kirino and rejected Ayase at the same time, I was like "WHAT?!" Since when he began to love Kirino?! I don't remember I saw nor noticed any sign that he love Kirino even though their relationship gets warmer. I don't understand! It just... came out of blue and gave a smack to my face.
Read through the threads here, and you'll find there were a lot of clues to Kyosuke's true feelings. Perhaps you missed them, or perhaps you misinterpreted them, but a good number of fans have noticed they were there all along.

Quote:
He must have played quite some VNs, did he?
I thought that was clear from the kind of show this was?

Quote:
"Well... Whatever happened to Ayase... Wait! Don't tell me she killed herself?"
Wow, I think that's a pretty big stretch to assume just from her not appearing! I mean, I felt that she probably was to hurt to be seen by Kyosuke, and thus didn't appear again, but assuming she killed herself is a little like assuming your friends have all died in tragic car accidents because you haven't seen them for a week! It's a bit of a stretch!

Quote:
Then, he curbstomped every single girls just to secure the happy end with Kirino by rejecting them. I don't like it. This is another one of the reasons why things gone downhill just to favor the "first girl wins" ending, because of the poor plot execution.
I'm not sure how "I'm sorry, but I'm in love with another girl" is excessively cruel thing to say to someone who's in love with you. Quite frankly, it seems like the only just thing to say. The alternative is to make petty excuses or string them along in a way which is totally disingenuous and ultimately far more hurtful and manipulative. What do you think Kyosuke should have said?

Last edited by VORTIA; 2013-08-21 at 13:19.
Old 2013-08-21, 14:22   Link #342
kentasaiba

Ayase killt Kirino and dyed her hair orange.
Old 2013-08-21, 15:21   Link #343
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
Ayase killt Kirino and dyed her hair orange.
Light Brown... Not Orange.
Old 2013-08-21, 21:06   Link #344
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
Light Brown... Not Orange.
It REALLY looks orange in the anime. The same way black-haired characters often get blue or purple....they probably thought light brown would make her too plain.
Old 2013-08-21, 21:17   Link #345
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's more specifically venetian-blond. Anyway, feelings or no feelings, Kyousuke really knows how to speak knives towards women. How ironic — he did the WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY pose quite a few times in the last three episodes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-08-21, 21:17   Link #346
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
It REALLY looks orange in the anime. The same way black-haired characters often get blue or purple....they probably thought light brown would make her too plain.
They still describe her as brown in the anime. Plus, orange is a yandere color
Old 2013-08-21, 22:08   Link #347
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
They still describe her as brown in the anime. Plus, orange is a yandere color
This immediately reminds me of a main heroine of a certain anime.

I hope this IMG still works...

Oh man... Speaking of Ayase kills Kirino, I automatically think of School Days bad ends...
Old 2013-08-21, 22:38   Link #348
Chiibi

Quote:
They still describe her as brown in the anime.
Sure...but Iwai from Crime Edge is described as having black hair and it's freaking GREEN any way you look at it.

Quote:
Plus, orange is a yandere color
Ai Astin ain't no yandere! thank god for that too.
Old 2013-08-21, 23:27   Link #349
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Sure...but Iwai from Crime Edge is described as having black hair and it's freaking GREEN any way you look at it.

Ai Astin ain't no yandere! thank god for that too.
Iwai's hair is green? O_o
Old 2013-08-21, 23:45   Link #350
Chiibi

Quote:
Iwai's hair is green? O_o
Completely. Look at it!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iAILwYSnnk...w-9921ae5c.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uXK2sTNVGG...f4d27a33_b.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0g1HDUmpv8...ge+01+-+01.jpg

I love it though-it looks beautiful. Way better than plain ol' black.
Old 2013-08-21, 23:48   Link #351
Grimoire

Well after keep coming back to read this thread since monday, now I have question:
Is it possible to see something else form Oreimo? Like another game, ova (kuroneko ending please!!), spin off, side stories, something? Or all hope is lost and Oreimo finally close their curtains forever? :/

I know it might be too early to ask that, but what do you guys think?
Old 2013-08-22, 00:08   Link #352
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimoire View Post
Is it possible to see something else form Oreimo? Like another game, ova (kuroneko ending please!!), spin off, side stories, something? Or all hope is lost and Oreimo finally close their curtains forever? :/
The upcoming PS3 game, Happy enD, is all that has been announced so far. It has an idol element, but seems to also have a story component that will follow multiple paths with different endings for various heroines. That's in addition to the two PSP games already released. It doesn't follow the anime/novel directly, so it's a bit of an alternate reality/spin-off, but at least it provides something.

Other than that, a recent interview seems to suggest that they may have something in mind to keep the franchise alive, but the author has already begun working on his next project and indicated that the story is over, so I don't think there will be any more continuations to the canon story.
Old 2013-08-22, 00:25   Link #353
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimoire View Post
Well after keep coming back to read this thread since monday, now I have question:

I know it might be too early to ask that, but what do you guys think?
Well, the author's afterword feels like he doesn't really want to continue the story so unless he changes his mind, he probably considers his contribution finished. They COULD always get alternative endings as OVA since the games will back them up anyway, but there's no word on that.
Old 2013-08-22, 00:44   Link #354
Chiibi

Wasn't there something about a final chapter that's ten years in the future...or something like that?
Old 2013-08-22, 00:46   Link #355
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Wasn't there something about a final chapter that's ten years in the future...or something like that?
The first Blu-Ray included a short story set ten years in the future, but it was a side story that was written so that it wouldn't spoil anime-only viewers (since it came with the first Blu-Ray, not the last one). It was a story focused on Kuroneko's two younger sisters and Kirino.
Old 2013-08-22, 02:19   Link #356
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Well, the author's afterword feels like he doesn't really want to continue the story so unless he changes his mind, he probably considers his contribution finished. They COULD always get alternative endings as OVA since the games will back them up anyway, but there's no word on that.
I wouldn't be surprised if he reconsider to create a story that's involve/based on the Oreimo series. If it's truly end, then it's time for us to go up in a blaze of glory.

Anyway, we still have two PSP games and the upcoming PS3 game for us to cling with our dreams. May we dwell into these games in exchange for a bliss. Now that's a good deal of bargain for a butt-hurt salty dogs like us.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2013-08-22 at 02:30.
Old 2013-08-22, 03:06   Link #357
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
This immediately reminds me of a main heroine of a certain anime.

I hope this IMG still works...

Oh man... Speaking of Ayase kills Kirino, I automatically think of School Days bad ends...
Ah, Kaede...Love eternal. Good Old Days :P

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he reconsider to create a story that's involve/based on the Oreimo series. If it's truly end, then it's time for us to go up in a blaze of glory.

Anyway, we still have two PSP games and the upcoming PS3 game for us to cling with our dreams. May we dwell into these games in exchange for a bliss. Now that's a good deal of bargain for a butt-hurt salty dogs like us.
I thought more like he'll do a small novel series for the KirinoxKyousuke. Blood sibling relationships isn't your everyday material, so it should be interesting to see where they went from there. But as far as the OVA/Endings/etc are concerned, they could pull it without him, seeing as the games already support many heroines.
Old 2013-08-22, 03:43   Link #358
jrod

Highly doubt it.
Kuroneko's arc has been covered in her own manga.

The Omake, drama CDs, or short clips that come with the BD/DVDs will most likely feature fillers that are not covered in the Anime to cover some of the LN details that were cut from the broadcast.

Intriguingly, one of the Omake for the last BD/DVD volume has an interesting title...Counter-Attack of Akimi? - Japanese New Year Tale, Valentine's Tale?!!

I can imagine Sakurai Akimi as the Bonus BOSS trying to intrude into Kyousuke & Kirino during their coupling period before Graduation (Wedding)
Old 2013-08-22, 05:02   Link #359
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Okay, an update for my "Cynical Rant":-

Since I was clearing a part of my thoughts, now I began to realize that I actually don't like the setting of this series. I mean, romance shouldn't have made as a part of the main focus of this series from the first place. At first, for me, I personally thought that the title implied that it could be anything while the siblings as the main focus, and I was not expecting there would be a romance between them. But until what happened at the second-half of the series and eventually at the near-end, the direction of the story it took had slowly turned me off. And there was what really upset me. The moment when I found out that Kyousuke implies he fell in love with Kirino, I felt like I'm taking a smack in my face as it turns out there really has a romance between the siblings. I'm not saying that incest ending is absolutely bad nor the worst, but the way the author hid those subtle hints so well that will lead to Kirino end had made me felt upset of the way the author built up the plot setting.

Well, just my 2 cents here. I already know what you guys were talking about the rant in my post, so I'll take a part of your words as a grain of salt.
Old 2013-08-22, 05:14   Link #360
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Okay, an update for my "Cynical Rant":-

Since I was clearing a part of my thoughts, now I began to realize that I actually don't like the setting of this series. I mean, romance shouldn't have made as a part of the main focus of this series from the first place. At first, for me, I personally thought that the title implied that it could be anything while the siblings as the main focus, and I was not expecting there would be a romance between them. But until what happened at the second-half of the series and eventually at the near-end, the direction of the story it took had slowly turned me off. And there was what really upset me. The moment when I found out that Kyousuke implies he fell in love with Kirino, I felt like I'm taking a smack in my face as it turns out there really has a romance between the siblings. I'm not saying that incest ending is absolutely bad nor the worst, but the way the author hid those subtle hints so well that will lead to Kirino end had made me felt upset of the way the author built up the plot setting.

Well, just my 2 cents here. I already know what you guys were talking about the rant in my post, so I'll take a part of your words as a grain of salt.
Well, the author had to hide these signs. Otherwise it would have been to obvious.
For my part ,I was even suprised when Novel 5 and 8 were released. I totally didn't see it coming that Kyousuke and Kuroneko would end up together. How could I when Kyousuke almost never shows any emotion? For me it was way more obvious that Kyousuke would end up with Kirino in the end,because that is practically the whole point of this series. Begun with eroges, continued with Life counseling and ended with love.
Closed Thread