AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-19, 19:09   Link #81
typhonsentra

Kudos to you for finishing what you started.
Old 2008-09-20, 04:36   Link #82
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Same here...

PS: Matt, I'll send a PM to ya.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2008-09-20, 19:30   Link #83
Matt122005

Hmm, I don't think I sent the news to ANN correctly, will have to try again.

-Matt
Old 2008-09-20, 22:41   Link #84
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

You did follow their rules right? Just asking.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2008-09-21, 02:18   Link #85
Matt122005

I sent it again, the problem is they only give guidelines for PRESS RELEASES, but nothing about news submissions. I tried to make the new one as correct as I could.

Here it is, and please e-mail all the anime blogs about this and ask them to post it.

Quote:
Lightnovel.org, the leading english light novel website, has for the past three months been in the process of creating the first bi-monthly english light novel magazine. An idea that spawned from the mind of the project leader, Matt. The idea and intent was to create a magazine, much like the one's currently sold in Japan, that would serialize light novels, but not Japanese light novels. Rather, the idea was to do something almost completely unheard of, to have the magazine serialize light novels written by english writers, in the english language, illustrated by english artists. But not only that, the magazine was going to be free, distributed online through the website via a PDF file. This bold idea was launched and within one month, the project had most of it's authors and illustrators needed on board.
The magazine according to the website is finished and they are preparing for a world premiere of it on the 22 or 23 of September. With this announcement came an unexpected surprise, the owner of the largest German Light Novel Website is interested in translating the issues of the magazine into the German language to distribute through his website. This would mean a much larger possible fanbase for the magazine, and it's excited authors and artists. The details are still being worked out between the two parties.
The details revealed regarding the magazine is that it will be almost 200 pages and will have 11 different stories by 11 different authors. The genres included have been stated as being action, adventure, mech, physchological, romance, sci-fi, suspense, alternate history, etc. The project has also expressed desire to include in future issues, Shoujo stories and artwork.
All the people involved with the magazine are contributing for free and of their own free time. The authors and artists along with the people in charge are very excited at the release of the magazine. The announced name of the magazine is "Karui Shosetsu Magazine".

More information can be obtained on the Official Blog of the Magazine, www.karuishosetsu.blogspot.com, and on www.lightnovel.org

Source: www.lightnovel.org
The official website is improving, lol, here it is: www.ksm.lightnovel.org

Still not perfect, but nearing a passable quality. lol

-Matt
Old 2008-09-21, 02:46   Link #86
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

You sent it again, I presume?

Old 2008-09-21, 21:15   Link #87
Matt122005

Ok, so were going to release the magazine tommarow OR Tuesday. It just depends. We'll see.

ANN hasn't posted my news submission again, so I posted a topic in the news forum there about it: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?p=637469

Please post if you feel like it.

-Matt
Old 2008-09-21, 22:06   Link #88
Matt122005

Yu, on the STAFF COMMENTS box in the magazine, do you want to have a message from you directed towards the readers? Like a congradulations comment or something? If you do, please post it so I can add it.

-Matt

PS. We have two reviews up for the magazine! One is for the series CUENTA.

Quote:
"Karui Shosetsu Magazine is a jump into the future - taking a well known, and loved, part of Japanese culture and molding it to fit the largely untapped English market. With vivid stories that leave you waiting for more, Karui Shosetsu Magazine is the perfect way to introduce someone to the idea of a Light Novel, a key that fits the lock on this form of literature oh-so-well." -Greg Martin
Quote:
"Cuenta is an interesting story that draws you in.......the author did a good job of giving details and then suddenly pushing the main character into a dangerous situation." -David Grinton
More reviews will arrive in time,

Last edited by Matt122005; 2008-09-21 at 23:31.
Old 2008-09-22, 00:04   Link #89
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

No need. I'm fine.

Old 2008-09-22, 01:57   Link #90
Matt122005

ANN has added us! woot!

Were on the front page of www.animenewsnetwork.com

Heres the link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-posted-online

-Matt
Old 2008-09-23, 19:08   Link #91
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Good. And yeah, we're waiting for the magazine.

Old 2008-09-24, 03:34   Link #92
Matt122005

It's up:

www.ksm.lightnovel.org <download here
www.karuishosetsu.blogspot.com

-Matt
Old 2009-02-23, 02:00   Link #93
Matt122005

As an update, were eagerly working on getting the second issue ready.

-Matt
Old 2009-02-23, 03:12   Link #94
Solafighter
Hige

Interesting.

Matt, it seems you know a lot about novels.
Perhaps you can answer a question for me:
On lightnovels.org, on Japanese Light Novels, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, do you know something about an english version? Some people just post in the comments, that they can find the english ones on ebay and amazon. Is that true or all fake? I cant find any.

Thanks.
Old 2009-02-23, 03:22   Link #95
Matt122005

As far as I can tell, no, the light novels have not been released in english. It's too bad too, cause it looks really interesting.

-Matt
Old 2009-02-23, 03:26   Link #96
Solafighter
Hige

Thanks for the quick reply, Matt.

Mh i kinda expected such an answer. To bad. I realy love this series and i want to know, if these 8 novels are going farther than the 6 episodes of the anime or if there more happenings in this time frame.

Waaah, must hire someone, who can translate them.
Old 2009-02-23, 03:43   Link #97
Matt122005

Oh, I'm pretty sure the light novels have more material than the short anime.

Just like Ballad of a Shinigami's light novels covered MASSIVE ammounts more than its short anime.

-Matt
Old 2009-02-23, 03:46   Link #98
Solafighter
Hige

Thats, what i mean.