AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-26, 14:32   Link #3121
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well Eva's resort does count for extra age afterall. I wonder if we'll ever find out just how much extra time he has spent in there. For example is he 11 years old yet with the extra time?
i've asked and discussed this with people on other forums before, some pretty good arguments. it's really just some minor adjustments to the below.

Quote:
Okay, so he came in in... hmmm... somewhat before the end-of-term exams (maybe at winter break)? At that time he was 10 to 10.99 years old. The current point is in August, so he's now (10.5 - 11.49) years old... officially.

So, there's several points where he undergoes time dilation:
* Initial training under Eva, in which he was doubling up.
* The festival arc, in which he used the resort for a number of hours during the three-day priod.
* The festival arc, in which he looped back... actually, I'm not sure how many times he looped over each day, except it was greater than thrice and (probably) less than a score.
* After the festival arc, in preparation for the trip to the magic world. Not sure how much he compressed up, except it was a LOT - others in the class noticed the club members weren't around very often (and when they weren't, they were in the resort at a 1 hour: 1 day ratio).
* The recent training in the bottle, which added on 27 days to his age (we know that much).
* The scroll... that doesn't seem to add to his physical age, but the compression was 1 hour to 3 days, and he was in there for about 7-8 hours.

So, the extra time he probably got was (rounded and estimated):
+3 months (pre festival)
+.5 months (festival)
+ 8 months (pre-trip, assuming about eight hours a day in the resort)
+ 1 month (pre-Rakan match)

So he's probably a bit younger than 12. Can't be too much younger than that... could be up to 13 (if the pre-trip was significantly more than 8 hours, if he tripled up at any time pre-festival, ect).
technically his starting age was late 9 years (9.75 or so) old so he's about late 11 to 12 with all the time training, i wouldn't be surpised if by the end he's technically physically 14 when the series ends.
Old 2009-03-26, 15:16   Link #3122
Cinocard

Not good...

Can get hard by then
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 03:13   Link #3123
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

8 months between festival and MW might be slightly shooting over IMO ... i wouldn't say that it would be more than at most 6 months
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 22:35   Link #3124
ellifeedn
Thinker

[sarcasm]Maybe some sort of magic will go horribly wrong and Negi will become the same age as the girls in his class [/sarcasm], who the hell knows.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 01:23   Link #3125
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Why is it that im seeing it happening that Negi´s magic will loose effect as soon as he wins lol.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 10:40   Link #3126
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Why is it that im seeing it happening that Negi´s magic will loose effect as soon as he wins lol.
As in Plot Leveling, My Kung Fu Is Stronger Than Yours, or So Last Season?
Old 2009-03-28, 14:47   Link #3127
AstroNerdBoy

Whew. The fun SPOILER images for 246, y'all! ^_^

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html

We are looking for "flawless victory."

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 16:21   Link #3128
Cinocard

Spoiler for 246:
Old 2009-03-28, 22:52   Link #3129
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Spoiler for 246:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-29, 02:35   Link #3130
Cinocard

Spoiler for :
Old 2009-03-29, 07:55   Link #3131
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
8 months between festival and MW might be slightly shooting over IMO ... i wouldn't say that it would be more than at most 6 months
We get one solid number - 2 or may-be 3 month in IIRC 2 weeks. And it's for whole group - Negi and later Kotaro train much harder then rest in general. Even year is not in disbelieve territory.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 10:32   Link #3132
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-03-29, 14:25   Link #3133
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
If one has to use more than one trump card, then it's not a "trump card" at all...

At least there's a struggle to drag things out...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:22   Link #3134
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I do hope Negi wins, but in Rakan´s case if Negi´s first trump card fails, all of them will. So what Negi needs to win is an unexpected discovery of his own abilitys too win.
Old 2009-03-31, 17:39   Link #3135
ChronoReverse

Hmm, so Negi is going for two spell complexio's at the same time. I wonder which two he's going to use? 43 seconds is a really long incantation too.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:14   Link #3136
BerryDoyle

The chapter was out early this week. I just randomly checked, and there it was. It normally comes out on Wednesdays.

Yeah, 43 seconds is a long incantation. Poor Kotarou, he gets pummeled but manages to last just long enough for Negi to get the spell going.

Last edited by BerryDoyle; 2009-04-01 at 22:21. Reason: Repetition
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:27   Link #3137
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
imaging saying a very complicated to pronounce word, then say it over and over again... 43 seconds of incantations... whew

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 21:30   Link #3138
Charred Knight

This was a great chapter

The information on Kagetarou that his power level is more like 3,000 instead of 700 makes the whole Kotarou battle make more sense. I also really liked that they made it a team effort with Kotarou having to distract Rackan for the 43 seconds Negi needs for victory. Its a whole lot better than if Negi just powers up on his own and wins the match.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 22:20   Link #3139
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I loved how Negi showed his determination too win when he heared about his mother yeah Rakan was taunting him by saying that he would have to wait until he was a little bit older before hearing about his mom. Which shows how far he is willing too go
Old 2009-03-31, 23:25   Link #3140
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
This was a great chapter

The information on Kagetarou that his power level is more like 3,000 instead of 700 makes the whole Kotarou battle make more sense. I also really liked that they made it a team effort with Kotarou having to distract Rackan for the 43 seconds Negi needs for victory. Its a whole lot better than if Negi just powers up on his own and wins the match.
It's to create some sort of weakness in Negi's ultimate technique. But the whole count down really never makes any sense to me. In any manga, shouldn't they just plunge themselves into the mess, and concentrate their best, instead of counting like that?

So, who with me in thinking that Negi is still gonna lose?

Tags
action, fantasy