Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-10, 01:10   Link #221
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well this comes as a little surprise to me but I just went to check the VA cast for this and find most of them are brand spanking new to the business. Reason I went to check em out is cause I wanted to know who is voicing Minatsu which is Misuzu Togashi, cause there something oh so sweet and lovely about her voice While they all sounds great, something about Misuzu Togashi's voice just kinda stands out and feels lovely to listen to. But then I guess same can be said for Mariko Honda AKA Aka-chan also, I'll say it now she's got the whole moe thing down to a tee Hell they all sound just lovely to me just Misuzu a little more than rest Hope we get more from them in the furture!
I agree, except that I think I like Chizuru's (Saitou Yuka's) voice the most. I've made a page with pics of and info on the main seiyuus.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 01:16   Link #222
vuluc88

lolz just check Light Novel and be surprised that Kurimu is actually the same age as Chizuru at third yeah high school )
In time, Ken is just a second year )

And .... another drawing mistake
Spoiler for :

Still ... the enjoyment of this ep make those mistake nothing!

And again
Spoiler for :

That pose will sooner or later be a parody from next generation parody anime )

Last edited by vuluc88; 2009-10-10 at 04:50.
vuluc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 04:49   Link #223
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuluc88 View Post
lolz just check Light Novel and be surprised that Kurimu is actually the same age as Chizuru at third yeah high school )
I'm conflicted between being surprised by that due to her character design and expecting that due to past history with some shows. Either way, Kurimu is awesome.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:53   Link #224
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuluc88 View Post

And .... another drawing mistake
Spoiler for :

Still ... the enjoyment of this ep make those mistake nothing!

And again
Spoiler for :

That pose will sooner or later be a parody from next generation parody anime )
Worst...pants...ever.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 10:56   Link #225
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Worst...pants...ever.
OMFG those pants you cant help but to laugh but seriously looking at them makes my soul hurt.

Forgetting to draw the monitor is just too outragous im starting to wonder if all these mistakes are suppose to incorporated in the crazy wackiness of the show.
Old 2009-10-10, 13:32   Link #226
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Because it just isn't really that funny to most people and it really, really falls flat after the pre-opening....
People's senses of humor differ. Through two episodes, this show hits mine dead on. If "most people" don't get this humor, then "most people" are missing out, in my opinion.

I know most of the people who dislike this show are gone, but I found this post a good insight into why it's funny to the people it's funny to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
...I guess it all boils down to what type of humor one enjoys, and while usually parodies and reference gags don't sit too well with me, this one somehow managed to tickle my fancy, and tickle it good. The sheer audacity of the references, the matter-of-course ease the characters integrate those within their interactions...and the shamelessness of it all - for me personally, it made for a very entertaining episode...I found all the characters quite likable as well, with their odd, if predictable, quirks. It was simply a lot of fun watching these characters interact...While Nyan Koi was entertaining in a cute sort of way, this one actually made me laugh a couple of times, which is all I really ask from a comedy - to be entertaining, and entertain it did.
As for the animation, as I've said, I'm not a stickler there. And the bishoujo character design works for me. Moreover, I always appreciate a company that finds ways to make entertaining anime cheaply, since it means they can make money and keep making anime. One of the most blatant and useful simplifications I see is the white curtains across one whole end of the room:

I wonder if the incredible omission of the laptop screen was intended to be a kind of Easter egg, since the same person would have drawn both the keyboard and the screen.

I'm prepared to abandon ship if the show gets boring, but that hasn't happened yet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 13:43   Link #227
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wonder if the incredible omission of the laptop screen was intended to be a kind of Easter egg, since the same person would have drawn both the keyboard and the screen.
Or they could have just messed up or rushed through it and missed it. Considering how the animation is usually, that possibility is higher...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 16:41   Link #228
Solafighter
Hige

ROFL the first episode was brilliant.

Looking forward to the next one's.
Old 2009-10-10, 16:52   Link #229
Random Wanderer

Has no one subbed the second episode yet? Blast it, I want to see this!
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 17:40   Link #230
TakumiFuji

This one is GREAT I love the parodies and the third person views. I hope that the whole season is this good.

Fave Scene:
Pres: Approved
VP: Flat
Pres: Approved
VP: Flat
Pres: Approved,Approved,Approved,
VP: Flat,Flat,Flat,Flat
VP Approved
Pres Flat
Pres WAH Chizuru hes picking on me (realized how big Chizuru chest really is)

I laughed myself silly.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 18:49   Link #231
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Fun! Well, at least for shady individuals like myself who can get most of the puns.

And no, Kanon pants are worse if you ask me But then Kanon fails so who cares.
Old 2009-10-11, 00:43   Link #232
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Fun! Well, at least for shady individuals like myself who can get most of the puns.

And no, Kanon pants are worse if you ask me But then Kanon fails so who cares.
Kanon pants fail---Oh yeah, Kanon fails---Thems fighting words, boyo
Old 2009-10-11, 07:10   Link #233
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Or they could have just messed up or rushed through it and missed it. Considering how the animation is usually, that possibility is higher...
DEEN has been having issues figuring out where there digital cells end in Umineko too. This isn't anything new, just more DEEN QUALITY. (Wonder if these were sent to the same outsourcing studio.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 08:36   Link #234
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

After hearing mixed words about this title, I've decided to check on it, and I'm glad that I did. Most the jokes hit on me, and I'm kinda surprised (or worry) that I managed to understand most of the reference .

Plus 1 for Seitokai's fan number.
Old 2009-10-11, 17:37   Link #235
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
Kanon pants fail---Oh yeah, Kanon fails---Thems fighting words, boyo
Well, to be fair, not everyone believes in the power of uguu. For the record, I'd be one of the believers. Well, back to worshiping Sakurano Kurimu.
Old 2009-10-11, 17:38   Link #236
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Well, to be fair, not everyone believes in the power of uguu. For the record, I'd be one of the believers.
Not so, ~uguu transcends Kanon but the topic has become irrelevant
Old 2009-10-11, 18:45   Link #237
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The power of Uguu is, by it's very nature, relevant to any topic. It can even transcend bad pants. Kanaon, by extension, is win.

AS SnI, i rather enjoyed the second episode - though perhaps not quite as much as the first. I don't know if this style of humor can hold up over an entire series, but for now it's working for me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 21:01   Link #238
delphinen

This show made me remember some jokes of SZS, although obviously the metajokes couldnt met the elite lvl of Shaft; but it was enough laughing for me, watching this will be a must from now on. I only thought Shaft and Gonzo could achieve some metahumor like this, +1 for studio DEEN.
delphinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 21:03   Link #239
Midonin
Last Engage

SynergySP (or rather, Keiichiro Kawaguchi) is another master of the metahumor. Though I'm glad that Seitokai is turning out somewhat successfully.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 22:19   Link #240
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well another pretty fun episode from this series. Can just relax and laugh when watching it. Though I wonder who is going to successfully make a harem first. Could be Ken but Chizuru's powers leave her quite capable of putting one together .

A pretty busy episode from him but still showing he can hand out serious words at the same time. Pretty careful person making the quick save before going after the Kurimu route .

Not too much to say. Show had a nice second episode.

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, student council