AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-02, 22:05   Link #1
onearmedscissor
elda taluta

sites with episode translations

are there any sites with just text translations for the upcoming haru episodes? if so, i wouldn't mind making fansubs of the rest of the series.
Old 2004-10-03, 09:16   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Ummm why dont you get a japanese person to translate your episodes for you ?
Old 2004-10-03, 12:15   Link #3
onearmedscissor
elda taluta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Ummm why dont you get a japanese person to translate your episodes for you ?
i don't know any japanese people who want to translate episodes.
Old 2004-10-03, 13:59   Link #4
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, anyway this question was indirectly asked some time ago, and the answer is no I think. Though, if you know chinese there is quite a number of subs out ^^

EDIT: whoops, he's been banned
Old 2004-10-03, 15:36   Link #5
jimmy_1

Nase..? Is he banned because of asking about lisenced anime..?
Old 2004-10-03, 16:12   Link #6
hooliganj
Team Player

MariMite isn't licensed, nor was he even asking about where to get a fansub, so I doubt it was this thread. The only other recent activity on the account was concerning Madlax, but there are a lot of people trying to find out about the last episode, and I don't see a mass banning spree going on. Conclusion: it must have been something private, maybe abusive PMs or rep messages.
Old 2004-10-03, 16:17   Link #7
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
MariMite isn't licensed, nor was he even asking about where to get a fansub, so I doubt it was this thread. The only other recent activity on the account was concerning Madlax, but there are a lot of people trying to find out about the last episode, and I don't see a mass banning spree going on. Conclusion: it must have been something private, maybe abusive PMs or rep messages.
he was banned for posting links to the final ep from madlax

On topic again : you could always ask groups for their scripts, I believe there is even a site which hosts scripts from episodes from several groups but I no longer know where to find it.

Off course if you wanna make a fansub yourself this won't help much

Or you could learn japanese Only takes a couple of years
Old 2004-10-03, 20:03   Link #8
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

A COUPLE OF YEARS!!! WHERE!!!!

Hehe... in fact you could be studying your whole life and you'll never end learning all those damned kanjis... ive been studying for 1 and a half year and i have still a LONG (LOOOOONG) way to go
Old 2004-10-03, 23:05   Link #9
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan
A COUPLE OF YEARS!!! WHERE!!!!

Hehe... in fact you could be studying your whole life and you'll never end learning all those damned kanjis... ive been studying for 1 and a half year and i have still a LONG (LOOOOONG) way to go

Everyone has their own progression pace. As far as Kanji goes, most native speaking Japanese people don't know all the Kanji in existance. This is just a bit of info my Obaachan provided.

I have a co-worker that took two and a half years worth of audited Japanese language courses at a Community College and he can converse and write decently. Decent enough where he could probably pass the first level Proficiency exam for the Japanese Consulate.

Basically it comes down to how determined you are and how hard you're willing to work for it. Tsutome te!
Old 2004-10-04, 01:29   Link #10
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Reguarding TL scripts, we (Ayu) might make them available after completeing the series but thats like 50/50 chance of that happening since most of the time DVD rip groups and non-english subbers use these. Personally, I feel that its kinda like cheating using another persons work because "your" group can't get the resources to do it your self. If you are really desperate.. you chould just type down every dialogue line from the fansub or some how rip it using some program with OCR...
Closed Thread