AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-20, 22:28   Link #401
Alchemist007
*Author

Seems the best way I'm promoting Viaur is pairing him up and switching out to get the kill at the last second, provided there isn't an enemy who could kill him in the next move. It can help if some friendly units are better distractions or block some passages to let him snipe from behind but yeah it's all about tactics, and walls aren't quite that plentiful.
Old 2013-03-20, 22:38   Link #402
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Seems the best way I'm promoting Viaur is pairing him up and switching out to get the kill at the last second, provided there isn't an enemy who could kill him in the next move. It can help if some friendly units are better distractions or block some passages to let him snipe from behind but yeah it's all about tactics, and walls aren't quite that plentiful.
Wait.... who?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 22:55   Link #403
Alchemist007
*Author

Gah, after looking at the artbook I keep forgetting the English name is Virion. Viaur is just so much better
Old 2013-03-20, 23:04   Link #404
Shadow5YA

Oh right... I completely forgot about their original names after I got my English version.
Old 2013-03-20, 23:07   Link #405
Alchemist007
*Author

It's funny when I'm playing the game and looking for Soiree and 60 seconds later remember I'm not going to find her like that. At least her mini-character is usually unique looking. I can't tell you how many times I've messed up pairing chars for Avatar and Chrom because both of them have blue hair in my game.
Old 2013-03-21, 00:29   Link #406
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I can't tell you how many times I've messed up pairing chars for Avatar and Chrom because both of them have blue hair in my game.
For me it's my Avatar and Lon'qu... (>_>)

EDIT:

God damnit, I was so set on Lon'qu x Olivia already! Why does Lon'qu x Cherche have to be just as cute ?!

Whoever said shipping was easy?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 00:59   Link #407
Xacual

I've been enjoying Inigo's supports with the other children. Just saw his S with Nah, I feel really bad for him. Noire stalking him is good too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 01:03   Link #408
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I've been enjoying Inigo's supports with the other children. Just saw his S with Nah, I feel really bad for him. Noire stalking him is good too.
That ending with Lucina and Inigo (Montoya)... Both of them would have a hard time
Old 2013-03-21, 04:33   Link #409
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Whoever said shipping was easy?![/COLOR]
You need guts, guts to withstand the pain of not seeing a cute couple because you root for another one, guts because you know you make people unhappy by giving happiness to two.

Welcome to the world of shipping Chaos, now you can't return anymore.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 04:35   Link #410
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
You need guts, guts to withstand the pain of not seeing a cute couple because you root for another one, guts because you know you make people unhappy by giving happiness to two.

NOOOOO!!! This is different! I have a choice! And I will find a balance !

EDIT:

Anyway, Henry x Lissa support convo are pretty cute as well so I have no problems... Libra x Tharja as well has a 'opposite attracts' feel to them...
Old 2013-03-21, 10:35   Link #411
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post

It's okay, once you beat the game you unlock the Support Log which has all the support conversations you've unlocked.
Old 2013-03-21, 13:58   Link #412
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Whoever said shipping was easy?!
I knoooooowwwww D: Its destroys meee!

Anyways I just got this game about a week ago and I love it so much I already put 60+ hours into it
Old 2013-03-21, 16:23   Link #413
Alchemist007
*Author

I might mess with pairings in a rerun, but for now I'm pairing them up according to their initial preferences. Avatar x Lissa, Chrom x Sumia, Virion x Sully, Maribelle x Ricken...I think the only random one I've gone with is Lon'qu x Miriel.
Old 2013-03-21, 17:21   Link #414
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
I might mess with pairings in a rerun, but for now I'm pairing them up according to their initial preferences. Avatar x Lissa, Chrom x Sumia, Virion x Sully, Maribelle x Ricken...I think the only random one I've gone with is Lon'qu x Miriel.
I did Lon'qu and Miriel as well! Although I did Donnel and Lissa!
Old 2013-03-21, 17:50   Link #415
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I did Lon'qu and Miriel as well! Although I did Donnel and Lissa!
Kellam and Miriel has this weird thing going on where she latches on to him to 'study' how he 'vanishes' in front of people

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside from the gender specific skills as a general rule, are the promoted lv 15 skills more 'ideal' to pass to the children? Both in it's usefulness and that you wouldn't have to grind to get it.

I'm think of Swordfaire (Lon'qu) to Inigo, Lifetaker (Henry) to Owain, and Pass (Gaius) to Severa... But I'm not sure how good Pass is compare to Lethality.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:32   Link #416
Shadow5YA

Pass is kind of useless... so no on that. You have the right idea though.
Old 2013-03-22, 09:40   Link #417
Iron Maw
Banned

There really isn't anything as awesome as seeing Donnel evolve from a fairly crappy grunt to a War God that would even put most Lords to shame. Hell he now has even better resistance than my healers and mages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Nope... Snipers suck in this game. If you want 2 range, tome users can do it better, and if you want bows specifically, Assassins use them with their superior stats.

If the game's maps were better designed and there were actual walls and chokepoints, Snipers could get some use out with Longbows, but they're not. Most of the maps are open field with random terrain thrown out, so there's no way they can actually snipe an enemy unit without that enemy unit coming straight for them on Enemy Phase.
Damnnit IS! Why couldn't you have given them speed boosts or Counter (Warrior's don't even need this lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
3-range bows. That's the reason to use Snipers. And the worst promoted class is Bow Knight, since they are literally outclassed in every category except movement by Assassins. They don't even get 3-range bows.
Bow Knights are meant to be balanced fighters though, plus their mounted and aren't useless on enemy phase which arguably more important than player phase. Besides bows are a second armament for situational use (i.e Wyvens, Peg Knights and Dragons etc) much like with Warrior, so their not bad in that case.

EDIT: BTW, is Kellam x Olivia or Kellam x Cherche the better choice?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 09:55   Link #418
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
There really isn't anything as awesome as seeing Donnel evolve from a fairly crappy grunt to a War God that would even put most Lords to shame. Hell he now has even better resistance than my healers and mages.
Like Cherche, Donnel has great growths but that's all that's going for him as a unit. His class options and pool of available skills are too limited for him to keep up by the end. He has Mercenary which does let him promote to Hero, a very solid class, but he can't get Swordfaire or Axefaire because of no Berserker or Swordmaster.

Lords have Rapiers, Aether, and Rightful King. Donnel might cap his stats sooner, but in a game where it's possible to cap everyone's stats with infinite EXP and resources from grinding, that's not much going for him. However, not many units can get Aether and/or Rightful King.

Quote:
Damnnit IS! Why couldn't you have given them speed boosts or Counter (Warrior's don't even need this lol).
Actually, they do. Fighter/Warrior is designed to have high HP and low defenses. Counter fits them perfectly.

Quote:
Bow Knights are meant to be balanced fighters though, plus their mounted and aren't useless on enemy phase which arguably more important than player phase.
Besides bows are a second armament for situational use (i.e Wyvens, Peg Knights and Dragons etc) much like with Warrior, so their not bad in that case.
No one cares about balance. What people want are specialized classes that are either powerhouses or tanks. There is a reason why Assassins are preferred over Tricksters despite Tricksters having staff utility.

But then even if you did want a strong jack of all trades class, the Avatar and Morgan can still do it better with Grandmaster because tomes are far more powerful than bows in this game.

Also, mounted units are not necessarily a blessing in this game. Unlike previous ones where they either had Canto or the innate ability to use their remaining Move after an attack before their turn ends, they have nothing in this game. There is also an abundance of Beast Killers.
Old 2013-03-22, 10:23   Link #419
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Actually, they do. Fighter/Warrior is designed to have high HP and low defenses. Counter fits them perfectly.
Then give them something similar or anything else that doesn't make them a liability on the battlefield, if IS can't bothered to make more maps suited to them.

Quote:
No one cares about balance. What people want are specialized classes that are either powerhouses or tanks. There is a reason why Assassins are preferred over Tricksters despite Tricksters having staff utility.

But then even if you did want a strong jack of all trades class, the Avatar and Morgan can still do it better with Grandmaster because tomes are far more powerful than bows in this game.
I'm not arguing that they aren't mediocre, but they are at least able preform their roles well, and have decent (if not limited) utility purpose and aren't limited to a fairly lackluster weapon type. I can bring one into battle and not worry about having to pay special attention to them. Better than anything Sniper's got going for it.

Quote:
Also, mounted units are not necessarily a blessing in this game. Unlike previous ones where they either had Canto or the innate ability to use their remaining Move after an attack before their turn ends, they have nothing in this game. There is also an abundance of Beast Killers.
Having more movement is still nice and I just deal with Beast Wielders the same way I do with Archers when using Peggies and Wyverns: by not fighting them.

Quote:
Like Cherche, Donnel has great growths but that's all that's going for him as a unit. His class options and pool of available skills are too limited for him to keep up by the end. He has Mercenary which does let him promote to Hero, a very solid class, but he can't get Swordfaire or Axefaire because of no Berserker or Swordmaster.

Lords have Rapiers, Aether, and Rightful King. Donnel might cap his stats sooner, but in a game where it's possible to cap everyone's stats with infinite EXP and resources from grinding, that's not much going for him. However, not many units can get Aether and/or Rightful King.
He's still going to be your best fighter early to mid game at least and that's nothing to sneeze at, not to mention he's the most sensible option for the first Second Seal you get. My Donnel can pretty much one round anything without the need Aether, Rapiers or Swordfaire on hard. I hear he makes an excellent Dread Fighter too which is good as I was planning on bring into that class anyway.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-22 at 10:35.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 11:14   Link #420
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Then give them something similar or anything else that doesn't make them a liability on the battlefield, if IS can't bothered to make more maps suited to them.
No, I'm not saying they're a liability. My point is that you want a Counter user to have high HP and low defense so that more damage can be reflected back. Warriors fit the bill perfectly.

Quote:
I'm not arguing that they aren't mediocre, but they are at least able preform their roles well, and have decent (if not limited) utility purpose and aren't limited to a fairly lackluster weapon type. I can bring one into battle and not worry about having to pay special attention to them. Better than anything Sniper's got going for it.
lol, but being less terrible than one of the worst classes isn't saying much

Quote:
Having more movement is still nice and I just deal with Beast Wielders the same way I do with Archers when using Peggies and Wyverns: by not fighting them.
The extra movement is nice, but you can only turn away from your weaknesses for so long. If a high move class has to use that move avoiding an enemy unit they are weak against, then that extra move would go to waste, wouldn't it?

Quote:
He's still going to be your best fighter early to mid game at least and that's nothing to sneeze at, not to mention he's the most sensible option for the first Second Seal you get. My Donnel can pretty much one round anything without the need Aether, Rapiers or Swordfaire on hard. I hear he makes an excellent Dread Fighter too which is good as I was planning on bring into that class anyway.
Actually, he's terrible earlygame because of his low base stats, low starting weapon rank, and bad starting class (Villager).

Your best candidate for the first Second Seal would actually be the Avatar, because (s)he would be the first to hit level 10 from Veteran's EXP boost and being a strong enough unit that (s)he would be killing so many units on his own.

Donnel comes second because he needs that Second Seal or he continues to be a liability as a Villager.

All he really has is a strong midgame, but then again... so do your other units with the same amount of favoritism. It's not that he's completely useless but that his potential is limited. But then again... both Hard and Normal give you enough flexibility that you don't really need to have the best units.

Tags
3ds, fire emblem