AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 22 25.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 41.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-23, 10:38   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Kanon - 2006 - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kanon, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the game or manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, either PM them or use spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-11-01 at 21:09.
Old 2006-10-23, 10:42   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Oops...I made this thread WAY too early. I got my days mixed up.

/Edit: Ahh...that's better.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-10-25 at 16:20.
Old 2006-10-26, 11:38   Link #3
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Another great episode for the fans and player of the game, so much hints and foreshadowing, especially with the reaction of Akiko and Makoto towards Ayu. People new to Kanon who don't know the original material will most definitely be scratching their heads and wondering why "nothing" is happening, but that's the beauty of it because Kyoani is totally waving all the hints in front of your face but you just don't know what it means yet. I expect another lot of hype-chasing bloggers will be latching onto this episode while players of the game and/or viewers of 2k2 will be getting a good chunkle out of their ignorance.

Interestingly the cliffhanger from ep3 actually didn't lead into anything Mai-related at the beginning, and we're left with yet another Mai cliffhanger at the end of the episode. Looks like ep5 is where Mai would get the spotlight for real.
Old 2006-10-26, 11:53   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Looks like ep5 is where Mai would get the spotlight for real.
Yet again, the series lengh comes into play yet again. Apart from Kynoani being behind it all, i believe that the best part about the series is the lengh of the series.
Old 2006-10-26, 12:44   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its like watching a wonderful Hitchcock mystery where all the pieces are laid out there but the "flash of OMG insight" is building to a climax.

I'm trying to watch the series with an clean slate mind, but it is hard not to clap when those foreshadowing hints appear.
Old 2006-10-26, 12:48   Link #6
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I guess for those new to the story, like me, rewatching the series after we fully understand what is going on will be worth it then
Old 2006-10-26, 14:46   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Another great episode for the fans and player of the game, so much hints and foreshadowing, especially with the reaction of Akiko and Makoto towards Ayu. People new to Kanon who don't know the original material will most definitely be scratching their heads and wondering why "nothing" is happening, but that's the beauty of it because Kyoani is totally waving all the hints in front of your face but you just don't know what it means yet. I expect another lot of hype-chasing bloggers will be latching onto this episode while players of the game and/or viewers of 2k2 will be getting a good chunkle out of their ignorance.
Actually, yeah... I think I'm finally starting to get used to this, and I'm liking it more and more. You're certainly right about the foreshadowing - there's just so much of it going on that it's hard to ignore. And things continue to slowly move into motion, one piece at a time... especially knowing about the foreshadowing, you can feel the momentum of the plot building. So, the long and short of it is that I liked episode 4; "nothing happened", but a lot did.
Old 2006-10-26, 14:47   Link #8
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The RAW came out a while ago. If you guys can understand Japanese then go and get it...otherwise, if you don't want to be spoiled...I suggest we wait for the sub
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-10-26, 15:10   Link #9
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I expect another lot of hype-chasing bloggers will be latching onto this episode while players of the game and/or viewers of 2k2 will be getting a good chunkle out of their ignorance.
And once more a game player acts like a total ass. Is there any reason to snub your nose on bloggers like this?

Bah.
Old 2006-10-26, 15:25   Link #10
New/Old
Old to the New

Now, now. One cannot fully know the full meaning behind the sentence until that very person explains it, since it could have different meanings and tones behind it. Posting does have its limits... Sigh...
Old 2006-10-26, 16:31   Link #11
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
Welcome to the discussion thread for Kanon, Episode 3.
Silly Catgirls. I think you mean Kanon, Episode 4.
Old 2006-10-26, 16:35   Link #12
Meophist

Another episode, another day. In any case, I loved the next episode preview.

Spoiler for Shiori...:
Old 2006-10-26, 16:40   Link #13
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I expect another lot of hype-chasing bloggers will be latching onto this episode while players of the game and/or viewers of 2k2 will be getting a good chunkle out of their ignorance.
Where there are hypes there must be hype-bashers. Revolutionary terms such as Narutard are coined in the end result of the eternal struggle that always ensues between the Hypers and the Hype-bashers.

That said, KyoAni deserves every bit of hypes are thrown at them from out there and here.. er.. where ever that is! Looking forward to watching episode 4!
Old 2006-10-26, 17:53   Link #14
Meophist

Spoiler for nothing in particular:
Old 2006-10-26, 18:05   Link #15
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I can't believe how cute boy Yuiichi looks. Still feels like like older Kyuuiichi, if just a bit. (Suddenly the idea of loli Haruhi and Loli Kyon playing about might make sense) The liar scene is also funny.

The moment when Yuiichi wakes up... that was quite funny. So Makoto does not like a piece of konyaku that's been slipped into her shirt before... does she?

Kyuuichi's still at the old trick of imitating Ayu. That's what endeared me to him in the original game. Interesting how Makoto's shy from having a guest showing up. (Ayu tripped over, which according to Haruhi would be quite moe...)

The note thing. Well, that sets the stage for... him seeing some !SQL action. The star reminded me of Planetarian... alas. It's kinda scary to imagine Tamura's other characters doing this very scene and how scary that would've been (Midori, Nanoha...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-10-26, 18:40   Link #16
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I smiled at the "Nagamori Gyunyuu" (Nagamori Milk) ad.

They really should make the anime of "ONE" instead of those god awful OVAs...dayomon.
Old 2006-10-26, 20:25   Link #17
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And once more a game player acts like a total ass. Is there any reason to snub your nose on bloggers like this?

Bah.
How am I acting like an ass? And why not? You know the type whom I'm talking about - those who get caught on hype and watches a show with the simple intention of bashing it only to make themselves look different to sound intelligent. Every season has a show like this and every season you get the same hype-chasing bloggers doing the same thing. For this season it just happens to be Kanon.
For these types of people, they would think that episode 4 is the perfect example to demonstrate how Kanon is going nowhere and will begin bashing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
I guess for those new to the story, like me, rewatching the series after we fully understand what is going on will be worth it then
Oh yes it will. Kanon will have great rewatching value if they keep this level of direction up.
Old 2006-10-26, 20:37   Link #18
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Great episode, much more Nayuki cuteness. If I were Yuuichi I would have already declared my undying love for her and moved into her room.

They've slown down the pace I notice. I knew it would come and here it is. Ayu meeting Makoto was very cute. They seem like sisters.
Old 2006-10-26, 21:06   Link #19
Meophist

I was kinda disappointed in the building up of Mai in the previous episode but not really doing anything with it.
Old 2006-10-26, 21:29   Link #20
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
How am I acting like an ass? And why not? You know the type whom I'm talking about - those who get caught on hype and watches a show with the simple intention of bashing it only to make themselves look different to sound intelligent. Every season has a show like this and every season you get the same hype-chasing bloggers doing the same thing. For this season it just happens to be Kanon.
For these types of people, they would think that episode 4 is the perfect example to demonstrate how Kanon is going nowhere and will begin bashing it.
I understand and know how that feels... Let's just hope it doesn't spread to this forum. I'm already prepared just in case though...