AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 21:04   Link #281
Kirarakim

Oh man this episode so many feelings...

I read the story in the manga but the anime definitely surpassed it for me.

I mean really the contrast of little Natsume so alone in the world to present Natsume who has people who love him to go back to. In the past Natsume could not remember the good memories because it was a painful reminder of what he has lost. Now he can remember the painful memories because he has gained so much.

And I definitely loved how this arc so focused on that picture of his parents ended with Natsume taking another picture with Shigure, Touko, and Nyanko-Sensei. Like his parents they are a family that gives him real love.

Although I think my favorite scene was Natsume crying on the porch. I love how the series allows Natsume to show his emotions like that.

edit: On another note NISA is apparently having a spring press event this Thursday. Let's pray Natsume Yuujinchou is on the agenda.
Old 2012-03-26, 22:10   Link #282
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The whole notion of Natsume calling out to his father who never answered, and closing himself off as a result – only to be called back from the darkness by the sound of Nyanko-sensei’s voice – that’s true poetry of the soul right there.

The whole sequence at the house is heart-rending, and I love that Midorikawa and Omori don't pretty up the emotion - sometimes pain is just pain. And the whole sequence with child Natsume is brutal, because it really makes us feel the loneliness and hopelessness that were his constant companions.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 23:42   Link #283
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Natsume Yujinchou never fails to amaze me, and the last episode did just that to its fullest. In this fitting finale, we are shown and reminded of just how strong Natsume has grown up to be in contrast to his painful past. Strong enough now to look back into his past, even if it still pains him.

I really hope we get more of Natsume animated in the future; I even stopped reading the manga to increase my enjoyment .
Old 2012-03-27, 00:20   Link #284
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a great way to end this fourth season. So many emotions with Natsume as a kid and then in the present crying in his old house.

I really felt terrible for him with the kids mocking him, but then remembering he has the terror of the youkai also to deal with. Utter loneliness with people who didn't want to accept him and having to face dangers alone. Just having Nyanko's voice and Tohko calling out to him in the darkness was great. He's not alone and that gave him the ability to free himself from that youkai's possession.

It's also sad that Natsume had to live for so long supressing his memories because they were too painful and now he can't recall them. Even though now he isn't alone the memories won't conveniently come back to him. It was worth making the trip though to see those drawings and just face that past.

Every season of Natsume just gets you in the heart. I'm also hoping we see a whole lot more in the future since this is always a great series to follow.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:27   Link #285
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Simply moving. My eyes were brimming with tears to see the way he was treated when he was young. Looking back, he has come far from who he was at the beginning of the series. In his childhood, he was taunted, mocked, hated and unloved. Presently, he has a place he could call "home", and a bunch of friends he could rely on. His journey of seeking for acceptance has at last produced a fruitful result, and I for one could not be happier to see how he is surrounded by a loving family and caring friends. No man is an island. I am glad that Natsume is slowly being enlightened to this. My only hope for the next season is that he will learn to "burden" his adoptive parents and friends. That's what family and friends are for. When you are happy, you share it with them. When you are sad, the same applies. It goes two ways. I never quite get certain people's concept of family and friends. To me, it is because you see them as part of you that you allow yourself to open up to them. I wish Natsume will open up even more in the future.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 08:31   Link #286
salitangibinasura
n00b101

I wonder if there's gonna be a season 5! Please? :3 Mah bebe Natsume ~

Edited: you guys have said what I really wanna tell everyone.
But one thing I'll repeat..

NATSUME DESERVES ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD. I just want him to be happy.
salitangibinasura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 08:54   Link #287
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kid Natsume, running for his father almost brought tears to my eyes. And I rarely cry at anything. Excellent finish to the series.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 11:36   Link #288
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Natsume really has every reason in the world to be a jerk to people and thankfully he's not. I was glad that for once the people he was staying with were nice (obviously Miyoko wasnt). Heart-wrenching watching him call out for his dad, even more when he had the memory of his dad holding him. That part got me, I teared up.

I said when this series first premiered that I could easily watch 50 epis of this and that hasnt changed, Im hoping we get seasons til the manga decides to finish.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 14:07   Link #289
YayPepsi

I started crying when little Natsume was calling for his dad, but the real waterworks started when he was crying on the porch. I just can't watch Natsume cry without crying myself. And I'm not just talking about a little bit of crying, I was full on sobbing. Plus today when I was driving home from work I started thinking about it and tearing up a little again.

The last episode hit me especially hard because I didn't know this was the last episode or that the series was ending. That made me really sad. I hope some day they'll make another season of it. Natsume is one of my all time favorite series.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:34   Link #290
HandofFate

finally watched the last episode...

i don't see what's wrong with miyako not finishing her food. Look at how much food they gave her lol.

for dinner, they gave her just as much food as the adults. kids don't eat that much unless they're super obese.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:48   Link #291
HandofFate

little Miyako was a brat to little Natsume, but she was just a little kid as she said last episode.

if this was a different series, she would be added to Natsume's harem
Old 2012-04-02, 11:35   Link #292
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
if this was a different series, she would be added to Natsume's harem
I am afraid for that she has the wrong gender, hihihihihi

Somehow, Natsume is always shown surrounded by guys and the most sensual moments he ever had were with that actor slash exorcist guy (I cant remember his name, probably becauce i dont like him much).

Last edited by warita; 2012-04-02 at 12:00.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 11:59   Link #293
deadharbor

Unlike other series Natsume seems to have only platonic relationships with girls while he forms deeper ones with guys.
deadharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 12:29   Link #294
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadharbor View Post
Unlike other series Natsume seems to have only platonic relationships with girls while he forms deeper ones with guys.
I think it is platonic/friendship with both girls & guys at this point.

The thing is there are not a lot of recurring female characters in the series. The only one I can think of is Taki. I am not counting Sasada because she is basically anime only & Reiko is flashback only, so Taki is it.

Taki doesn't seem to be in the story a lot lately which is a bit disappointing to me since she is my favorite of the recurring humans, but ah well.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:32   Link #295
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Touko certainly counts as a recurring character!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 12:33   Link #296
Yume Hanabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadharbor View Post
Yeah. Maybe that's why I couldn't find a girl to pair him with... Usually doing that is not hard, even when the character doesn't show any canon inclination to one character in particular, but with Natsume none of the het pairings felt right, while Tanuma/Natsume came quite easily to me (and I'm usually not into yaoi) and I could see Natori/Natsume, though I don't like it.
Old 2012-04-02, 14:28   Link #297
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Touko certainly counts as a recurring character!
I don't count her because she is a mother figure to Natsume. Obviously he is going to form a different relationship with her than a girl his own age.

All these relationships are important to Natsume's growth.
Old 2012-04-03, 14:07   Link #298
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
finally watched the last episode...

i don't see what's wrong with miyako not finishing her food. Look at how much food they gave her lol.

for dinner, they gave her just as much food as the adults. kids don't eat that much unless they're super obese.
Bit late here but they cut a line in the anime, I think the yokai in the house was mocking Natsume saying it wasn't right that he should eat more than the couple's natural child which was obviously what Natsume thought as well and why you can hear his stomach rumbling. No clue if that was Miyako's goal or not, I think she was just doing it to get more attention.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 17:16   Link #299
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Natsume really has every reason in the world to be a jerk to people and thankfully he's not.
You know, that is something I thought about many times over throughout this series as I watched, but in the end, the conclusion I came to evertime was that it just wouldn't be Natsume at all.

For that kind of iron-will like quality to forgive and be kind to everyone regardless of anything and everything is what makes me think of him as having the same kind of strength that Reiko has had in his own way.

His kindness is his weapon as he has powerful allies that would do much to aid him when he needs help.

Great series and I hope they put out some more, and maybe a love interest?? Wishful thinking I think.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 12:33   Link #300
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nope, but it's been hinted at for a while now.
Hinted by who? I haven't seen anything other than assumptions. We don't want people freaking out needlessly. The way the storyline is going, it has enough material to build on for at least a couple more years, which would be kind of perfect as we could have another two seasons in two years in the same symmetrical summer-winter pattern.

The last episode was the saddest, I sort of wish there had been one more episode, just to lessen the sadness a little. It was nice seeing most of his friends in the end, but the sense of melancholy still carried over. I am a bit scared of watching it again.

Last edited by Tworble; 2012-04-05 at 12:44.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shoujo