AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 04:55   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Character Discussion - Miyokichi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Miyokichi related. Note that he's often referred as Nobuse (his last name).
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all true tears fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:35   Link #2
golthin

nobuse (I don't like calling him Miyokichi because I dislike him) is the only character in true tears that don't like. He has my favorite character chained in a relationship she doesn't want. It is a mystery how Aiko ended with him. The only thing we know is that Shin was the one that got Aiko and Nobuse together. He has to have noticed that Aiko doesn't enjoy herself when she is alone with him. I am actually watching the show to find out how in the hell did Shin convinced Aiko to date this sorry excuse of a guy!.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:37   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

He's okey. As support for the main character, he's awesome. (compared to others of other shows)
Old 2008-01-29, 15:22   Link #4
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well I'm with golthin on this. His character somewhat annoys me though there are hints that he may not be as clueless as I give him credit for O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 16:38   Link #5
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

He's a little annoying at times, and yea he is chaining down my favorite girl just like Golthin mentioned, but I feel real sorry for him. Because when the shit hits the fan, it is really gonna hit the fan for Nobuse.

Can't rule out the possibility that Nobuse might actually become endearing to Aiko at some point. I'm torn hard on this one because I would love to see Aiko and Shin match up, but I also like to adhere to the bros before hos mentality. Men know, you have to respect your boys' boundaries and it hurts to encroach on those boundaries. If it doesn't hurt, you're not really a good friend I would think.

Shin is going to get caught in a shitstorm that he has no idea is coming(as of now). Aiko will flat out tell Nobuse at some point, or he might finally pick up on the body language and figure it out on his own. Aiko doesn't strike me as the girl who will go for the surprise kiss but hey, I'm not ruling that out either. I'm looking forward to what will happen then.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 16:50   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ahh I see the prophets with the drout signs and the rains of fire are here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
Shin is going to get caught in a shitstorm that he has no idea is coming(as of now). Aiko will flat out tell Nobuse at some point, or he might finally pick up on the body language and figure it out on his own. Aiko doesn't strike me as the girl who will go for the surprise kiss but hey, I'm not ruling that out either. I'm looking forward to what will happen then.
It may be love waters have hit Nobuse, but it's just the inevitable tide ATM. Right now Aiko can still call it quits and blame it on a Blue Moon, and the situation won't go further then two smiles and a lets be friends.

Also Nobuse isn't exactly blind or overly jealous of Shin's actions and attitude. I don't see this series going into the pits as easily as other representatives of the genre have shamelessly gone in the past. Whatever happens, the series will bring it about with a subtle push here and there, like it has currently ~ hopefully * crosses fingers. Then there's also the Noe wild card to consider. She can very well turn the entire show on it's head at any given time.
Ain't fun.
Old 2008-01-29, 17:05   Link #7
Aegelward

Reading this is making me feel a little sorry for miyokichi, from what information i've heard it seems like Aiko was the one that asked him to go out with her. yet everyone seems to hate him

but in any case, its pretty likely that the confession or something will happen... either he'll win her back on his own merits, or him and shin will have a bad falling out
Aegelward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 17:47   Link #8
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegelward View Post
Reading this is making me feel a little sorry for miyokichi, from what information i've heard it seems like Aiko was the one that asked him to go out with her. yet everyone seems to hate him
where did you hear this? All that we know is that Shin mediated to get them together. It was most likely Shin doing it on the behalf of Nobuse, because lets face it, Nobuse doesn't have very good social skills the way he acts. It seems the only friend he has at school is Shin while we can see Shin has good social skills but he is a little dense when it comes to love. People that can play cupid sometime they have problem with their own social life.

Shin was patting himself on the back during the "shopping date" because he got them together, but the way Aiko acted doesn't seem that she was the one that asked. "you really didn't have to..." were her sad words as he went to buy some drinks.
Old 2008-01-29, 19:59   Link #9
DanielSong39

Let's not forget that Miyokichi calls Aiko his girlfriend quite a few times and the "hooking up" is not a recent event.

Granted they haven't made much progress, but it's obvious that Shin sees them as a couple from the beginning of the show.

I think once he stops acting like an excited puppy and becomes a real man, things will work out fine. He's a long-term investment at this point, and it may take him a few years before he gets there...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 20:12   Link #10
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Let's not forget that Miyokichi calls Aiko his girlfriend quite a few times and the "hooking up" is not a recent event.

Granted they haven't made much progress, but it's obvious that Shin sees them as a couple from the beginning of the show.

I think once he stops acting like an excited puppy and becomes a real man, things will work out fine. He's a long-term investment at this point, and it may take him a few years before he gets there...
well, We don't know the time frame of those two going out, but it seem that that was the first time they hold hands. Aiko acts very cold toward nobuse, so until we get more background on the time frame we just can guess.
Old 2008-01-29, 23:31   Link #11
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

l can't come to dislike nobuse yet l don't like him either, l'm sorta neutral on his character. As much as l like Aiko, l can't say she's not partialy responsible to her situation. Time and time again she has been given the opportunity to set him straight, but has decided not to. This gives nobuse false hope, even though he might know she likes shin.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 23:43   Link #12
cloudninja

Another thing going against him is that he's a firm believer of the 5 second rule. I can't imagine Aiko wanting to lock lips with a guy who loves eating dropped food. We've already seen him gobbling down dropped food twice.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 02:43   Link #13
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Another thing going against him is that he's a firm believer of the 5 second rule. I can't imagine Aiko wanting to lock lips with a guy who loves eating dropped food. We've already seen him gobbling down dropped food twice.
No class at all! The 5 second rule is the most weird thing I have heard lol!
Old 2008-02-01, 07:39   Link #14
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Quote:
I'm deeply sorry to inform you, but if you don't respect the 3- and 5-second rules, you're a terrorist. One of the few things I like about Nobuse is that he don't waste that food, it could be his last....

Of course, it really depends on what you dropped too.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 14:31   Link #15
nanaman
Musician guy

The 3-second up to 5-second rule is sacred. Don't you disrespect it

Haha, but seriously, it's only legit really when were you drop it is not too dirty and that the food is somewhat packed together.
nanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 15:07   Link #16
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
I'm deeply sorry to inform you, but if you don't respect the 3- and 5-second rules, you're a terrorist. One of the few things I like about Nobuse is that he don't waste that food, it could be his last....

Of course, it really depends on what you dropped too.
I hope you can still feel the same way about it after a miserable night of nausea and diarrhea

Anyway I'm only thinking about Aiko. Can you imagine Aiko and Nobuse on a date? He eats a dropped morsel and then goes in for the kiss...Smack! That would straighten him out.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 23:14   Link #17
golthin

Quote:
I hope you can still feel the same way about it after a miserable night of nausea and diarrhea

Anyway I'm only thinking about Aiko. Can you imagine Aiko and Nobuse on a date? He eats a dropped morsel and then goes in for the kiss...Smack! That would straighten him out.
i was going to say that too, but I restrained myself! I am proud to say that I have never eaten anything that falls from my hands or plate. Even stuff that drops in the counter! I have been so tempted too, but I am coward when it comes to germs!

I can imagine that very well, nothing like dating a classless jerk to make a girl feel proud! I was kind of mad in the episode that Aiko was trying to feed Shin, it was Nobuso's fault that she dropped the potato!
Old 2008-02-01, 23:27   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
There's one peculiar thing about this anime that I really really like, and that's the Shin-Aiko-Miyokichi triangle. I hate most love triangles, but I know that there are a few good ones and I've been hoping for a good one: This is it; it's cute yet pitiful. In some ways Miyokichi is the "bad guy" here since he's so into Aiko that it's holding her back. I actually pity Miyokichi, because he's so happy every time he talks to Shin about Aiko and their relationship, yet he doesn't realize what's going on. Shin has no idea of course, because he was the one who originally got them together, which means he doesn't know anything about Aiko's feelings.

Speaking of feelings, I like how they don't make it overly obvious and corny that Aiko has some feelings for Shin. Really the only time that we're out of guessing land is when Aiko said, "You really didn't have to do that," then repeats that sentence again softly to herself. That was the "oh" moment for me; the scene with Aiko giving Shin "false hope" wasn't enough to raise suspicions. We get to see Aiko's indecision, because a lot is at stake here. What the anime is doing is throwing us a carefree, simple relationship triangle with dark and problematic after-effects if things are changed, instead of the "I love you, I hate you, I love you" repetition. For once, I am curious to see how this plays out, and it certainly won't be predictable.

In short: This is a harem besides Elfen Lied that I might like.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 01:09   Link #19
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
There's one peculiar thing about this anime that I really really like, and that's the Shin-Aiko-Miyokichi triangle. I hate most love triangles, but I know that there are a few good ones and I've been hoping for a good one: This is it; it's cute yet pitiful. In some ways Miyokichi is the "bad guy" here since he's so into Aiko that it's holding her back. I actually pity Miyokichi, because he's so happy every time he talks to Shin about Aiko and their relationship, yet he doesn't realize what's going on. Shin has no idea of course, because he was the one who originally got them together, which means he doesn't know anything about Aiko's feelings.

Speaking of feelings, I like how they don't make it overly obvious and corny that Aiko has some feelings for Shin. Really the only time that we're out of guessing land is when Aiko said, "You really didn't have to do that," then repeats that sentence again softly to herself. That was the "oh" moment for me; the scene with Aiko giving Shin "false hope" wasn't enough to raise suspicions. We get to see Aiko's indecision, because a lot is at stake here. What the anime is doing is throwing us a carefree, simple relationship triangle with dark and problematic after-effects if things are changed, instead of the "I love you, I hate you, I love you" repetition. For once, I am curious to see how this plays out, and it certainly won't be predictable.

In short: This is a harem besides Elfen Lied that I might like.
yes, this love triangle is really great because the writers are just feeding small pieces here and there. We first got the impression that it was all one sided and the Nobuse was just taking it for granted that Aiko was his girlfriend. We later find that they are actually a couple, then we find that Shin was instrumental to them becoming a couple.

We are constantly puzzled at how did Aiko and Nobuse end together when it is obvious that she doesn't love him. We can guess why Aiko didn't make a move on Shin. there is so many questions about past events. Why did Aiko agree to go with Nobuse, How was Shin involved into getting them together. I really hope they address these points soon.

I don't think that was the only time we are hinted at how Aiko feels about Shin. the feeding part is obvious, the way she looked at shin is very different than how she fed nobuse, she didn't cool Nobuse's potato piece. then she asking Shin on a date and lying to him about Nobuse being busy. finally she looking at Shin with another girl in such a sad way are hints that she loves shin.
Old 2008-02-02, 03:26   Link #20
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well it's not the only time of course, but I said that when Aiko said that, it's the only time we moved out of guessing land, which means I had suspicions but that just gives me a 99% certainly that she likes him. I'm a cautious guy, so feeding him and going shopping to cheer up a guy means close to nothing (enough though in anime-land that apparently means she likes him). I got the hint when she looks at Shin in a sad way, but perhaps the biggest piece of all is our assumption that she lied about Miyokichi. If you have a boyfriend, you wouldn't want to offer going shopping with another guy for no reason. Admittedly though, I was more busy trying to figure out the Noe-Hiromi-Shin triangle that I didn't pay attention to Aiko's hints.

So Shin is stuck between two love triangles. If those two triangles are stacked on top of each other and rotated about y-axis, you get conic sections! Someone tell me why I just thought about that; I have problems.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote