AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-17, 01:39   Link #301
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
is anyone else having sound problems with the SuperjakkoTM releases? ive seen the raws before anyway, so im not too bothered but i just wanna know if its just my comp orother people.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 09:07   Link #302
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Audio works fine for me but the volume has to be increased a lot to hear the dialogues . Have you tried increasing your volume to a max ?

Also as I am using MPC I have the aid of an audio boost
Old 2008-05-20, 10:00   Link #303
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
is anyone else having sound problems with the SuperjakkoTM releases? ive seen the raws before anyway, so im not too bothered but i just wanna know if its just my comp orother people.
try using vlc player or changing your audio settings, for example you can change the audio output to 2-channel-mode with vlc -> superjakko optimized these files for 6ch audio, when you use normal stereo equipment it can end in nothing coming out from both or one of your speaker(I only had background noises on my right speaker at first)
Old 2008-05-22, 04:39   Link #304
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
yeah i think thats whats happening wih mine. the bgm and general noices are ok but i practically cant even hear the speaking, it sounds like how when you only have one of the cables plugged in on AV-cables, like if the left (white) is in you can only ear echoes of the the right (red).

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 03:59   Link #305
Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Maniac Send a message via AIM to Maniac Send a message via MSN to Maniac Send a message via Yahoo to Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
yeah i think thats whats happening wih mine. the bgm and general noices are ok but i practically cant even hear the speaking, it sounds like how when you only have one of the cables plugged in on AV-cables, like if the left (white) is in you can only ear echoes of the the right (red).
the x264 release uses the original ac3 audio so you shouldn't have any problems with that one...
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 04:48   Link #306
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for 19&20:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 14:22   Link #307
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Was the ep 13 fansub good . I didnt bother downloading as I was waiting for 12 first
Old 2008-07-30, 02:14   Link #308
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Wow, I was looking for this series so I try and get a bit of an Initial D fix, but its sunken into complete obscurity.

Is Initial D the only car anime that gets any sort of universal appeal?
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 02:33   Link #309
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
It s sad cause i enjoy this serie.
It s a lot different from the downhill drifting, and the story is not only about who can drive faster.
I wish Wangan could get a little more spotlight.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 17:45   Link #310
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Out of interest, why is there no reference of Nitrous in WM? For a street racing anime. isnt Nitrous a part of tuning?
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 18:06   Link #311
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Nitrous is far more popular in eighth- and quarter-mile racing because the extra power (and therefore increased wear&tear and possible engine damage) is limited to only a few seconds. Using it in a drawn out, wangan-style highway race wouldn't be really prudent unless the motor/ECU were designed to handle it. Most cars tuned for wangan racing rely on big displacement or forced induction (or both).
Old 2008-07-31, 04:56   Link #312
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Hmm is it just me or does it seem like this series is more about what you bring to the race than how you race.

It just seems like whoever has the biggest engine displacement = the best racer on the highway.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 14:29   Link #313
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
nitrous is worthless for long drawn out highway racing as its only good for short boosts of power coming off the line, i.e. QM, It IS used for fast acceleration however. i want my initial d, wangan midnight does not impress, if i want to watch wangan midnight, i can just take my t61 12 psi SC300 with 420 hp and just go on the highway.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 15:11   Link #314
RB26DETT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Hmm is it just me or does it seem like this series is more about what you bring to the race than how you race.

It just seems like whoever has the biggest engine displacement = the best racer on the highway.
Dude, you certainly missed the point of the whole series. It's not about who is the fastest on the highway, but what can one sacrifice to be the fastest one, and what must he endure and overcome on the way.

I really don't understand people who watch Wangan Midnight for the races only. If you are interested in racing action Initial D is more your style, it's not that deep. (although it's next to impossible to watch with that Eurobeat music)

Answering your second question : Testa could beat the Z before Z had a complete engine and body rebuild, but somehow didn't. As a matter of fact Testa is the most underrated car of the series so far, just because of a bad driver behind the wheel.

Anyway, anybody knows when a proper quality Act 13 and Acts 14 and up are coming...
RB26DETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:23   Link #315
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Just yesterday I had mentioned about Wangan in Initial D thread . And today Wangan 15 was released , this weekend is turning out to be truly spectacular for this genre fans . First Intial D and now Wangan a Double Bonanza : D

Torrent : http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=46084
Old 2009-01-11, 11:36   Link #316
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

How many EP's are there in this series anyway?

Damn, I was finally getting into this series, subs are just so slow. Oh well, can't blame the subbers. Though I hope they can at least released the other episodes in a steady regular basis, I can live w/ 1 EP every 2-3 weeks. /lol.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:51   Link #317
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
How many EP's are there in this series anyway?
There are 26 episodes in all in this series . The 26th episode aired on September 13 2008.

Quote:
Damn, I was finally getting into this series, subs are just so slow. Oh well, can't blame the subbers. Though I hope they can at least released the other episodes in a steady regular basis, I can live w/ 1 EP every 2-3 weeks. /lol.
There was some confusion regarding the sub language used , so Xris checked out the KyouNoSubs website . According them they will release the remaining episodes on weekly basis .Here is hoping they do and we get our dose of Wangan .

Also like to take this opportunity to thank [KyouNoSubs] for releasing episode 15 , it was worth the wait : D
Old 2009-01-11, 11:54   Link #318
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Oh thanks for the heads up there Geta Boshi.

That's even more better if they'd really released the remaining EP's each week. I'm really liking the story. It's not that deep, but very emotional and dramatic (but not to a point of being you know...over dramatic).
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 12:12   Link #319
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Leaving the cars and racing aside the strong point of this series has to be complex characters which are a hard find these days . The manner in which they are introduced and developed as series progresses in wonderful .
Old 2009-01-16, 09:48   Link #320
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Wangan 16 is out and it looks like [KyouNoSubs] is delivering on what they said kudos to them .

Quote:
According them they will release the remaining episodes on weekly basis .

Tags
racing, seinen