AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-20, 21:33   Link #41
auriya

This anime makes me want to go "OMG it's so cuuuuuuuute everybody watch it now! ^____^"

Seriously, it's very funny and sweet and brightened my day. If you like shoujo and/or have a fondness for weird mechanical animals (there's an ax-wielding teddy bear in the ED), then try this show. I'm surprised it hasn't drawn that much attention (yet); it's definitely becoming one of my favorite shows this season.

Thank you, Naisho-Fansubs, for subbing this! ^_^
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 00:08   Link #42
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I thought it was just me thinking it reminded me a little bit like Kodocha LOL i guess not I really like this show its very funny and cute!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 00:49   Link #43
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Kodomo no Omocha is not licensed
Where have you been? It was pretty big when it was announced, and they recently gave a release month. Listen!
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:06   Link #44
Azulet

Smile website images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I thought it was just me thinking it reminded me a little bit like Kodocha LOL i guess not I really like this show its very funny and cute!
I can't wait for kodacha on dvd.
I love this show alice too. The screencaps on their webpage also makes me want to watch more!
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/alice/
Their gallery section is also updated. the one pic of their cosplay is great!
anyone knows more websites related to the show?
Thanks!

p.s. I finally got my forum account to work. For a long time I couldn't post! so pardon me for not knowing how to make fancy avatars and signatures.
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 06:44   Link #45
Rotweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulet
anyone knows more websites related to the show?
Google is your best friend
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 09:05   Link #46
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotweiler
Google is your best friend
This is the worse link ever.
You'd better use http://www.google.co.jp and search for 学園アリス, you'll get much better results IMO
Old 2004-12-03, 06:34   Link #47
Rotweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
This is the worse link ever.
You'd better use http://www.google.co.jp and search for 学園アリス, you'll get much better results IMO
Hmm, there isn't much in there either. Besides, if the person does not understand Japanese like myself, it'll be pointless to go to some Japanese sites.
Old 2004-12-03, 07:34   Link #48
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotweiler
Hmm, there isn't much in there either. Besides, if the person does not understand Japanese like myself, it'll be pointless to go to some Japanese sites.
You don't need to have a good Japanese knowledge to be able to browse Japanese sites, you just need to be smart, that's how I found most fanart, etc I'm collecting sometimes
And you're very wrong, there is probably much more to find on Japanese sites than on (sorry) crappy English sites I'm sorry, but you just have to look and you'll find out that most fanart/wallpaper you'll find will be made by Japanese or found on Korean/Japanese imageboards (don't ask me for links, just search yourself ).

Last edited by Thany; 2004-12-04 at 02:32.
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 11:37   Link #49
Azulet

regarding

thanks for the tips. i actually found some cool oekaki site.
Old 2004-12-03, 14:39   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
You'd better use http://www.google.co.jp and search for 学園アリス, you'll get much better results...
Good tip to use the Japanese (when you know what it is). Even if you can't read the pages, there are a lot of visuals here and there. But you do get exactly the same number of results (28,800!) from 学園アリス whether you use google.com or google.co.jp.

People can find the main Japanese pages of shows from the links on AndrewLB's fall series page:
http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202004
If you can identify the title on the Japanese page, you can cut and paste from there to Google.

As for this show, the look is great, Mikan is an interesting character and the situation is interesting, too. But I still can't quite get into it. Not sure why. Not that I'm stopping yet. I like hearing UEDA Kanna doing this character after hearing her as Yumi in Marimite.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 17:13   Link #51
Blaat

I'm wondering what Mikan's alice supposed to be, I first thought not able to be effected by other alices but that was proven wrong in the second episode...
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 19:26   Link #52
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
I'm wondering what Mikan's alice supposed to be, I first thought not able to be effected by other alices but that was proven wrong in the second episode...
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe her Alice has somthing to do with the Huge bird in the OP? or maybe the bear that was dancing with her?( although I'm thinking that the bear might just be Ruka's power =/ )
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 19:31   Link #53
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I haven't watched the second episode yet, but so far I feel really great about this show. I love the animation, the character designs, the cute humor, the OP, everything--it all comes together nicely. I can't wait to see how the story will progress.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 20:35   Link #54
Rotweiler

Quote:
You don't need to have a good Japanese knowledge to be able to browse Japanese sites, you just need to be smart, that's how I found most fanart, etc I'm collection sometimes
That is swell and all if images are all you're looking for. But I'm looking for some information on the manga's storyline.

Quote:
And you're very wrong, there is probably much more to find on Japanese sites
Probably? When I typed in the word as you said, all it comes up with is the official site, a page which is down, some amazon Japan links, and a page which has nothing but the manga covers.
Old 2004-12-03, 21:23   Link #55
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Maybe once she gets a bit angry, stops trying to rely upon her useless friend, and gets serious she'll neutralize it.

Of course you realize the episode had to end on a cliffhanger of some kind...

Also, I normally hate kansai-ben, but the way she uses it is so cute.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 21:23   Link #56
Azulet

ep 2

episode 2 is out! so happy! let's start the discussions!
Spoiler:

does anyone know how to take screencaps of these video files? I guess I'll try to search in the tech help section. See ya.
Old 2004-12-03, 21:26   Link #57
Bitmap

Guu and Gakuen Alice fansubs released. Xmas comes early it seems.
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 00:58   Link #58
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulet
does anyone know how to take screencaps of these video files? I guess I'll try to search in the tech help section. See ya.
If you use a player such as BSPlayer you can by pressing P or Shift+P in paused or playing mode.
Old 2004-12-04, 02:34   Link #59
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitmap
Guu and Gakuen Alice fansubs released. Xmas comes early it seems.
Agreed, now I got to find time to watch them all

Quote:
Probably? When I typed in the word as you said, all it comes up with is the official site, a page which is down, some amazon Japan links, and a page which has nothing but the manga covers.
I see 12k results... Not my fault if you're too lazy to test every single page.
Old 2004-12-04, 07:20   Link #60
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
If you use a player such as BSPlayer you can by pressing P or Shift+P in paused or playing mode.
Or if using Windows Media Player, press ctrl+i

Anyway, this anime is so much fun to watch. Like a very, very Japanese x-men, I suppose, but far funnier and cuter.

Mikan's reaction to having her pantsu seen made me laugh for a long time! 'Now I won't be able to get married!!!' Ah, that's one gifted seiyuu...quite bizarre watching Marimite at the same time as this...

I also thought that resistance to other Alice's would be Mikan's ability. Evidently not - or at least, not physical ones. How on earth Narumi could tell she had a powerful Alice I do not know, but then, I'm not a teacher at Alice Gakuen!

I really hope Alice has a truly impressive ability, and I'm sure she'll use it to fight back in the next episode, but I really wanna know! It better not be summoning that silly overgrown chick.

Oh, and I wonder what those shots with Mikan as bugs were about in the preview...
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
child abuse, comedy, fantasy, shojo