AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 19:17   Link #141
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Other point to worry about: they completely skipped the Army guys. I guess they can still meet them after running away from the Gleameyes, but it won't be quite the same - and I worry that they won't meet them and that this going completely off the rails.
I wouldn't worry about this part. I actually reread this chapter as I wondered about this part myself. But the first meeting, wasn't even a meeting, just Kirito noting them due to his awereness skills. The seond meeting happens after they peeked into the boss room and that is when they talk to them. So eliminating the first event doesn't have any impact on the story at all.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 19:25   Link #142
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Other point to worry about: they completely skipped the Army guys. I guess they can still meet them after running away from the Gleameyes, but it won't be quite the same - and I worry that they won't meet them and that this going completely off the rails.
...can't wait to see a "crying Asuna holding Kirito in her arms"... tha'll kill me..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:36   Link #143
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
I wouldn't worry about this part. I actually reread this chapter as I wondered about this part myself. But the first meeting, wasn't even a meeting, just Kirito noting them due to his awereness skills. The seond meeting happens after they peeked into the boss room and that is when they talk to them. So eliminating the first event doesn't have any impact on the story at all.
But somewhat regrettably it removes the romantically-loaded scene where Kirito wraps his jacket (or was it a cloak?) around Asuna in order to hide her. Shippers around the world are wailing at the loss
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:38   Link #144
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Army may show up - afterall, they're part of Morning Dew Girl, and we see Yui in the OP so that's definately gonna happen.
Like Znail said, the initial encounter with the Army was just an "Oh, hey, what's the Army doing on this floor?" They didn't actually talk to the Army until after they'd run away from the Gleameyes, started picnicing in a safe area, Klein and company had come along, and then the Army finally showed up asking the way to the boss room.

So the first encounter can be cut, and the question "what's the army doing here?" can easily be added to the second encounter.

Plus, not only do they have Yui in the opening, when they adapted Aria in the Starless Night, they cut all the Argo stuff, but kept Kibaou. Who I'm pretty sure is supposed to be the same Kibaou that was being a negative influence on the Army in Morning Dew Girl, and the one behind the Army being sent to fight a floor boss in the first place.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:06   Link #145
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Read the first five volumes already, lol. Now I can participate in this thread!

Quote:
I was surprised when they met Gleam Eyes already. Could have used some more romancing and ended with meeting the Army. But then again, the pacing and fitting everything into 20 minutes segments can be very tricky. But so far so good.
Old 2012-08-27, 04:27   Link #146
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The first meeting was foreshadowing. That's what worries me - that if there isn't a first, there won't be a second.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:08   Link #147
Krono

Quote:
The first meeting was foreshadowing. That's what worries me - that if there isn't a first, there won't be a second.
It was foreshadowing, but not particularly required foreshadowing. It's not like the Army suddenly busts in on them fighting the boss and bails them out, or anything else that would make encountering them a DEM. They just come into the same safe area where Kirito and company are taking a break, and take a break themselves as their leader talks to Kirito and company. Plus not only do Kirito and Asuna need to encounter the army group, they need to encounter Klein and his guild.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:59   Link #148
lightbringer
M9000

I don't think they'll suddenly make a drastic move like cutting out the army guys getting their asses handed to them. That would remove the reason for Kirito to fight next week.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:20   Link #149
Awrya
U mad?

The army guys were left out, we will probably see them next episode.
Remember, they were sent out by Kibaou (the one from Ep.2), who also plays an antagonist role in Morning Dew Girl, so he will/has to be included.

So my guess is we see them run away, meet Klein&co, meet army guys and then continues on with the LN.
Old 2012-08-27, 12:37   Link #150
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I don't think they'll suddenly make a drastic move like cutting out the army guys getting their asses handed to them. That would remove the reason for Kirito to fight next week.
Yupp, that would mean that Klein for some reason would have to decide that this little group should try and solo a floor Boss...
Old 2012-08-27, 17:35   Link #151
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think they just wanted a big cliffhanger, so they went with Gleam Eyes right away. We'll likely see the Army after they run out.
Old 2012-08-28, 07:42   Link #152
Meltyred

Could the Smiling coffin member be the future death bullet?
Aka Redeyed Xaxa?(think I got his name wrong)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:50   Link #153
Clarste
Human

No, because he doesn't have red eyes. It's clearly PoH, because he looks exactly the same as he did in episode 6.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 12:59   Link #154
Znail

PoH is also around at this time, even in the novel, so us seeing him doesn't mean new anime material.

Spoiler for future episode titles:
Old 2012-08-28, 13:02   Link #155
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Could the Smiling coffin member be the future death bullet?
Aka Redeyed Xaxa?(think I got his name wrong)
at this point in the novel, both XaXa and Johnnie Black were lock up.
Old 2012-08-28, 21:08   Link #156
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
PoH is also around at this time, even in the novel, so us seeing him doesn't mean new anime material.
Well PoH was but he was in hiding after the laughing coffin guilds defeat.
I really what to know where there going with this.
For me it does.
Old 2012-08-29, 01:40   Link #157
Divini
Senpai!

They could have PoH approach Kuradeel with the whole paralysis plan, which seems to flow well from how we saw him smirk after he witnessed the duel.

Really, there's nothing else in the remaining SAO story they could do with him besides that.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 01:55   Link #158
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 9: Anime versus LN Comparison

Spoiler for Scenes that occured and not in the Anime and LN versions:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 02:02   Link #159
Divini
Senpai!

I'm pretty sure in the LN that by the time Heathcliff called up Kirito for a duel, Kirito already mentioned his <Holy Sword> unique skill (and that it's public knowledge). Hasn't been mentioned once in the anime yet.

It's just interesting because I've been perusing the episode 9 thread, and there's quite a few people speculating as to why Heathcliff would challenge Kirito when he's at a 'disadvantage'.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:06   Link #160
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Some aren't actually speculating, but rather giving clues in disguise. /shot
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote