AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 80 76.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 13.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 6.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-28, 11:15   Link #21
Setsuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Blaaaaah blaaaaah
HOLY SH*T!

That's a big spoiler you put there. Someone should remove it fast before someone reads it (that didn't read the manga). You should know that not everyone needs to know what's going to happen with the characters.

Hmm,this episode was REAAAAAALY good btw. Loved it,can't wait for next episode after seeing the preview~

Gave it a ten XD!
Old 2007-03-28, 11:40   Link #22
kuchiki

Awesome episode, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Poor Misa though. Imagine she'd live up to 80 normally (a quite high age for a woman), she'd only live to be 20 now. If she'd die naturally at like 60 she would have killed herself by taking the eye deal for a 2nd time :|
Old 2007-03-28, 11:48   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchiki View Post
Awesome episode, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Poor Misa though. Imagine she'd live up to 80 normally (a quite high age for a woman), she'd only live to be 20 now. If she'd die naturally at like 60 she would have killed herself by taking the eye deal for a 2nd time :|
No, no...
The eye of the shinigami doesn't half your entire life span.
It halves the "rest of your life span".

So if her original live expectancy was 80 years old, and she's 20 right now,
the first deal will be like this. (80-20)/2 = 30. So her rest of her life is reduced to 30 years, meaning she will live to age 50. (current age + rest of the life)

And that's halved again, it would be (50-20)/2 = 15 years.
Meaning, the rest of her life is reduced to 15 years, and she will live to be 35 years old.
Old 2007-03-28, 11:48   Link #24
Shiori-chan

great episode imo, tobad u know what is gonna happen after if you understand some japanese in preview
but this episode was great
Old 2007-03-28, 12:41   Link #25
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Forever sucks bigtime for ruining a huge plot-twist for me.
Old 2007-03-28, 12:47   Link #26
kuchiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, no...

So if her original live expectancy was 80 years old, and she's 20 right now,
the first deal will be like this. (80-20)/2 = 30. So her rest of her life is reduced to 30 years, meaning she will live to age 50. (current age + rest of the life)

And that's halved again, it would be (50-20)/2 = 15 years.
Meaning, the rest of her life is reduced to 15 years, and she will live to be 35 years old.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up

Makes it a little less harsh ^-^
Old 2007-03-28, 12:54   Link #27
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Excellent episode, time flew by. I can't wait to see how "IT" happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Mate, I had the upcoming twist AND the ending ruined for me months ago. At least you only learned about "IT" when it's obvious what's going to happen next episode, you'd have to be rather dumb not to work it out if you watched the preview.

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-03-28 at 13:09. Reason: bah...
Old 2007-03-28, 13:20   Link #28
ThoHell

WOW, Light is just WOW! He doesn't stop impressing me. The anime is awesome again, but dang I feel so sorry for Misa (you can't stop <3333 her character even more and hating Light some at the same time) and Rem seems pretty made. From the preview of the next episode, I'm guesing someone important is about to bite the dust, but I'm sure he has some plan in the works after he's gone. I wonder what Rem is going to do, she's pretty ang upset I bet.

LOL, how can they all work so calming and hang around a death god and not think this is all a little out of their league?

I haven't read the manga or watched the live action, so I'm not sure how it's going to end, but as I have a feeling that everyone is just going to die......
Old 2007-03-28, 13:41   Link #29
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Nothing to say, this episode was so good it was criminal (cit.)

It's a redemption for the loooong Yotsuba arc which I personally found kinda boring, (except from the point when Rem popped out and on). This episode 24 abundantly makes up, though.

Then what to say, to see the whole plan of Light unveiled piece by piece, I can't believe he conceived something of such a complexity. Or better, I can believe, knowing him from the first arc, but still I'm amazed. "Genious" starts to be strict of an adjective for him. Particularly the part of having the Shinigami adding fake convenient rules was unbelievable.
L seems to be the great defeated of the episode, but when he gets hold of the Death Note the first thing his mind produces is: "there's another Note around". I'm looking forward for his fate next week.

Nice to have Ryuk back , he'll always a good source of laughters.. but was that an apple he brought from the Shinigami's world, or rather a pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, no...
That point was clear, however, I still have the doubt about whether Jealous' lifespan was added to her total or not, since it would make difference.
Anyway, now it makes two times she halves her remaining lifespan's lenght. Whatever the count, I suspect it's starting to become kinda short at this point. I feel sorry for her

A 10 for the episode, of course. It was one of the few times which, if there was an 11, I'd picked it up.
Old 2007-03-28, 14:01   Link #30
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchiki View Post
Ah, thanks for clearing that up

Makes it a little less harsh ^-^
Though Misa's lifespan is now inherited from the dead death god Jealous and who knows how much he had left before he died.
Old 2007-03-28, 14:08   Link #31
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

So disappointing. I feel like an idiot for believing the hype once more. Where should I start? Oh, we just learn that the memories about Death Note are returned to the owner JUST BEFORE Light gets his note back. How convenient! And Light's plan isn't even smart. It's based on assumptions too much. It's like saying, "this will happen, the end." Not to mention that everyone except Light became suddenly an idiot in this episode. It was so fake it hurt. But I guess it was better than every episode of the Yotsuba arc, but again it was so much of a let-down... I hope the next episode is better, though I know what happens.

Quote:
LOL, how can they all work so calming and hang around a death god and not think this is all a little out of their league?
Good question.
Old 2007-03-28, 14:09   Link #32
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
I for one really liked the way anime handled the Yotsuba arc, the manga version of which was imo very uninteresting no thanks to some long boring talky-talky scenes, that anime has cut. Now I only hope Madhouse will keep going at this pace as for the 3rd arc as well, the one I never managed to finish in the manga.

Anyway, that was a splendid episode. I expected nothing less from the anime studio.
Old 2007-03-28, 16:00   Link #33
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Man, that just bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
That point was clear, however, I still have the doubt about whether Jealous' lifespan was added to her total or not, since it would make difference.
I really doubt it, not only it could give a Human an unnatural life span, but also if the Human holder of the Death Note doesn’t gain Longer life spam by using the Death Note, I don’t see why It should it be different in the Jelous case.

Well, Another great Chapter, this one (and the next one for that matter) were Parts of the Manga I really wanted to see Animated. Light Plan, was just..... lets Say, his Calculation on how thing should happen was something out of this world, really, with Such Genius mind he doesn’t need the Death Note to be Kira.
Old 2007-03-28, 16:39   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
When you're a professional, you work with what you're given.

For me, the best part of the episode is L's talk with Rem --- true that a lot was cut from the manga, though it makes sense so they could fit everything into this one episode.
Old 2007-03-28, 17:58   Link #35
digitalmaster287

I think that this episode was just amazing, though the preview seems to ruin the next episode, I'm still interested to see how it all happens.
Old 2007-03-28, 20:14   Link #36
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Anyway, now it makes two times she halves her remaining lifespan's lenght. Whatever the count, I suspect it's starting to become kinda short at this point. I feel sorry for her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I really doubt it, not only it could give a Human an unnatural life span, but also if the Human holder of the Death Note doesn’t gain Longer life spam by using the Death Note, I don’t see why It should it be different in the Jelous case.
It was quoted in the show that it was added to her life. The logic and reasoning behind that is very simple. Her life span was near 0 when the guy was killed. Jealous knew that she was going to die by her remaining lifespan. However, because he wrote the name in the book, she didn't die and therefore her lifespan had to have increased by some portion of Jealous's. The rules for the shinigami and the rules for the humans using it are different. This is why shinigami gain life from killing people and humans don't. This doesn't stop the Death Note from adding to a human's life if used improperly by a shinigami.
Old 2007-03-28, 20:21   Link #37
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well..what can I say...this truly was a mind blowing episode..flawless..ad makes the Yotsuba arc look not so bad anymore. Totally worth the wait..

Heeeeeeeee 's back..and much better and stronger than before.

What is keeping me worried is the preview..."Massaka"
Old 2007-03-28, 20:42   Link #38
Kittie Rose

Amazing episode!

However, I kind of liked the Light working with L thing. Light is just a bit "too" evil. With Misa you can understand, her parents were killed in front of her, she was nearly killed by a mugger too. That'd fuck anyone up with that amount of power coming after it.

But with Light, we do get a gradiation from decent to not so decent, but it never feels fully explained to me, somehow. I would like to see Light "Break free" of the Death Note in some way because it's obvious the power is completely controlling him. But then the series would cease to be interesting of course(and maybe not follow the manga, I haven't read it so don't know how it ends).

I miss early Death Note a lot though. I can't see them recreating the same "Battle of Wits" they had before.

Last edited by Kittie Rose; 2007-03-28 at 20:53.
Old 2007-03-28, 23:52   Link #39
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Yeah i sympathies with you . I was spoilered on what you probably ( since i didnt see the post) saw too. And i wasnt even spoiled in the Death note forums . I was browsing episode discussion for Code geass in some other forum that i got spoiled on Death note.
Well at least you can look forward to how the story will go on. Seeing as they keep outsmarting each other is fun to watch.

Any ways this episodes was so cool. The switching of the books was a really smart decision ( Although i am still a bit confused). I bet Light knew Misa would do that eye deal again.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-04-04 at 21:34.
Old 2007-03-29, 00:24   Link #40
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
My first 10 to Death Note.
Everything was so brilliant, Light's plans went exactly as he wanted. The evil look on his face, everything in this episode was 10+.
Closed Thread