AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-01-03, 13:45   Link #4981
ellifeedn
Thinker

His new power is basically the Sharingan from early Naruto.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 14:11   Link #4982
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^what is his new power?

i thought he simply learned top-tier hand2hand combat techs and other stuff in his 100 years quest :/
He can see things in slow motion. His muscles aren't faster, but it gives him more time to think of the optimal response. Combined to what he already knew of martial arts, it makes him pretty badass.

The time he spent as Cactuar apparently also gave him better control of his own body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
His new power is basically the Sharingan from early Naruto.
No it's not. Sharingan was also the ability to copy a move.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 14:17   Link #4983
LevelSeven

wow, maybe the website i used has lacked some pages but it totally looked like alibaba simply teleported into different positions :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 16:09   Link #4984
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
It annoys me how Kou empire is presented as a victim...
Indeed. When she was reminiscences on how happy Kou used to be i couldn't help but think; funny how they don't show all the slaves, the war or all the death that all this happiness is built on, and was sustained by. Seriously that happy image of the Kou empire reminded me of Dressrosa from One Piece; you have a a country that on the surface seems very happy, but look too closely and you will see the horror that all that happiness was built on and supported by... of course in that series it was presented as a BAD thing, where this series tries to make it seem like it was no big deal; its like we are supposed to feel sad that the slavery and war is gone. Actually come to think of it, that also describes Magnostadt another city whose happiness and prosperity was built on the back inhuman atrocities; though magi was less kind to them, than it is to Kou.

Quote:
It's rather ironic, isn't it? The Kou Empire caused Balbadd to become bankrupt, only to in turn become bankrupt too (but not because of Balbadd).
Ya, what sindra has done to Kou is similar to what Kou did to Balbadd... only with Balbadd its destruction was intentional where as the fall of Kou was merely a consequence of the world taking on common sense peace time measure and the war happy Kou empire being unable to adapt to a world without war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
I wonder if Sinbad still has that djin inside Kougyoku?

He already the worst kind of worst, if he is still control her then I dunno what to use to compare.
I recall it said that Sinbad removed it. It wouldn't really be all that useful on her now that she doesn't have any real power. Sinbad can only use it on 3 people at a time and i'm sure their are more useful people. Heck i'd use it on Arba just as way to keep her in check
Old 2016-01-03, 17:05   Link #4985
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm glad Kougyoku doesn't hate Alibaba for keeping quiet about Zepar. Although she hates Sinbad, she is mostly blaming herself for the current state of affairs. I hope Alibaba will be able to help her overcome this.
So glad Kougyoku didn't change.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 18:56   Link #4986
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I recall it said that Sinbad removed it. It wouldn't really be all that useful on her now that she doesn't have any real power. Sinbad can only use it on 3 people at a time and i'm sure their are more useful people. Heck i'd use it on Arba just as way to keep her in check
I'm not sure I'd bother. She always seem to have a counter for that sort of things.
Old 2016-01-03, 21:23   Link #4987
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So glad Kougyoku didn't change.
No she did changed. She becomes more mature in both inside and outside

I'm really glad she didn't become sth like Haku
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 22:02   Link #4988
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Ya, what sindra has done to Kou is similar to what Kou did to Balbadd... only with Balbadd its destruction was intentional where as the fall of Kou was merely a consequence of the world taking on common sense peace time measure and the war happy Kou empire being unable to adapt to a world without war.
How do you know it wasn't intentional too?
Old 2016-01-04, 09:32   Link #4989
Slayerx

Quote:
How do you know it wasn't intentional too?
Because eliminated slavery and war is something sinbad has wanted to do since LONG before he even knew the Kou Empire existed much less saw them as an enemy. Sinbad set up these policies to stop ALL war and slavery. He would have set up these policies with or without the kou empire. The fact that the kou empire could not adapt to peace time status is totally on the fault of the kou empire... they built and supported their country on war and never thought ahead enough to prepare themselves to function without the spoils of war.
Old 2016-01-04, 12:25   Link #4990
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No it's not. Sharingan was also the ability to copy a move.
Forgot to reply to this. I might be remembering wrong, but I thought the Sharingan allowed the user to see movement in slow motion and memorize it and the whole copy thing was up to the ninja.
Old 2016-01-04, 15:00   Link #4991
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At first it was mostly about copying, and seeing well was more of a side effect. Then the author introduced the Byakugan whose specialty was seeing really, really well.

Sharingan's later been retconned into being able to do god knows what. Whatever was needed, I guess.
Old 2016-01-04, 15:03   Link #4992
foxbox360
New Age Badass

No Naruto in this talk please, this is magi.
Old 2016-01-04, 15:19   Link #4993
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

that za warudo with emperor eye and sharingan pretty op
Old 2016-01-04, 16:08   Link #4994
LevelSeven

^lets hope alibaba wont become a similar cr*ppy char as the users of this two "special eye-powers" :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 02:34   Link #4995
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's really Accel World's acceleration, though. Not an eye power at all.
Old 2016-01-05, 02:53   Link #4996
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Indeed. When she was reminiscences on how happy Kou used to be i couldn't help but think; funny how they don't show all the slaves, the war or all the death that all this happiness is built on, and was sustained by. Seriously that happy image of the Kou empire reminded me of Dressrosa from One Piece; you have a a country that on the surface seems very happy, but look too closely and you will see the horror that all that happiness was built on and supported by... of course in that series it was presented as a BAD thing, where this series tries to make it seem like it was no big deal; its like we are supposed to feel sad that the slavery and war is gone. Actually come to think of it, that also describes Magnostadt another city whose happiness and prosperity was built on the back inhuman atrocities; though magi was less kind to them, than it is to Kou.
Maybe because in Magnostadt there were less likeable characters
Old 2016-01-05, 03:23   Link #4997
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if Alibaba's solution is going to be, well, China's. "We've got a lot of people able to perform simple tasks and do as they're told, so let's make low end products for everybody else! Inundate the world with cheap 'made in Kou' stuff."
Old 2016-01-05, 03:23   Link #4998
Chosen_Hero

It's actually Precog Perception.
Old 2016-01-05, 06:50   Link #4999
Sixth
Hu Tao

Credits goes to Etude from tumblr

Spoiler for Magi 291 summary spoilers:

Alibaba just said what I want to hear about Sinbad. Alibaba is awesome.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 06:58   Link #5000
Fairy Water

Alibaba is slowly become the husband of the Kou's empress lol, starting by being her closet adviser XD
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen