AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 56 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 39.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 19.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-18, 08:09   Link #81
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Haruhi didn't mean it, of course.
Eh, I don't think thats a good reasoning/defence for Haruhi's actions.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-18, 09:03   Link #82
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

And then they accuse me of forming a Mikuru Liberation Army. If I was Kyon, I'd give Haruhi a piece of my mind. Poor fellow.
Old 2006-04-18, 09:28   Link #83
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
And then they accuse me of forming a Mikuru Liberation Army. If I was Kyon, I'd give Haruhi a piece of my mind. Poor fellow.
Kyon needs green hair sempi to slap some backbone into his back
Old 2006-04-18, 09:48   Link #84
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze

Eh, I don't think thats a good reasoning/defence for Haruhi's actions.
Spoiler:
That is the duality of the subject matter. Utilitarian will simply either say that a 'greater good' can be generated or that these acts of abuse has no downside from the perspective of the result as to prevent them. On the other hand moralists, relative or absolute will argue to infringements to fundamental 'rules' of these acts are not tolerable/wrong and gains do not take away from the impact of those infringements.

Spoiler:

Looking at the visage that is yourself proves to be difficult... putting complicity aside there's the burden of arrogance to be answered. To make matters worse shames that adult put shroud/clothes over in silent recognition and to see such ugliness, unabridged and naked...blatently displayed.

In kyon's defense, he has a backbone. As a matter of fact Yuki and Itsuki have that as well. However, to put into context (and not spoil the story) let's just say Haruhi holds significent deterrence in her hands to keep the SOS at bay.

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-04-18 at 10:00.
Old 2006-04-18, 11:45   Link #85
Eclipze

Episode 3 subbed is out by a.f.k.
Old 2006-04-18, 12:09   Link #86
Seyluun

Thanks to them.
I wonder why only one team sub this by the way?
Old 2006-04-18, 12:11   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
Thanks to them.
I wonder why only one team sub this by the way?
Most of the more better shows only have one or two groups subbing them. MO and Fate only has 2 groups each. Maybe the subbing groups are learning thier lesson about over subbing a series. We don't need to have 5 different groups subbing the same series.
Old 2006-04-18, 12:28   Link #88
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3chan
I almost gave this episode 10/10 but since I don't like the excessive glowing effect in Yuki's apartment and the contrast in that scene is abit too high, (the rest is still superb), originally I want to give this 9.5/10 but since it's impossible I rounded it down to 9/10
If I may be a nit-picky here myself, the round about of 9.5 should have been 10. Nontheless, I agree with the grading 9. Only episode 1 deserved a 10 for all the weirdness and the hilarious OP. Too bad the Mikuru-version of the opening song isn't kept through out the series.
Old 2006-04-18, 12:42   Link #89
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

just want to say this, i sincerely show my deepest sympathy to mikuru..
by our headstrong haruhi that unintentionally putting her to shame. (._.)"
giving it a 6/10, didnt really enjoy this esp..
Old 2006-04-18, 13:04   Link #90
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

While less funny than the previous two, we get a glimpse of the more serious side of the story as Kyon was called into Nagato's condo.

Glad I kept the HD recorder set to record all of Suzumiya Haruhi this season. I would've cried in vain for missing it after spending several days in the hospital due to food poisoning.
Old 2006-04-18, 13:09   Link #91
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
Woo, episode 3 subbed! Thank you a.f.k. Now I'm gonna go cry by myself at work while I have to wait until later tonight to watch it.
Old 2006-04-18, 13:23   Link #92
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I loved the part where Haruhi locks the clubroom door and Kyon and Mikuru both go "OH ^HIT!!!!" And later when Kyon bails out of the clubroom when he sees Haruhi strating to strip down. LMAO Those scenes were hilarious.
Old 2006-04-18, 14:00   Link #93
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I would've cried in vain for missing it after spending several days in the hospital due to food poisoning.
Owie. I was just wondering that why didn't you vote in the F/SN thread :^).

Glad you are all right now.
Old 2006-04-18, 14:05   Link #94
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Oh man, oh man, oh man.... can't wait till the next episode! ARGGGH!
Old 2006-04-18, 14:17   Link #95
Seyluun

Just watched the new ep, and read the whole thread. Here is my take on the debate: Haruhi is Cthulhu in a more appealing package
Old 2006-04-18, 15:17   Link #96
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

They left a big cliff hanger there on skipping the explanation of what Suzumiya Haruhi is, (i know some ppl have explained it before but im trying to skip that and waiting to learn from show)

lol i cant stop laughin when ever i see the computer part that was just brilliantly done, sad how easily that would prob work in real life to some extent
Old 2006-04-18, 15:43   Link #97
Cheese Ninja

I just watch 1, 2, and 3. I'd read the synopsis a while back and thought it was just wacky comedy, so I was a bit surprised in the first episode when there was a talking cat, and it looked like Itsuki actually used some sort of power.

After watching all 3, visiting here, and rewatching bits of 1, I understood that Yuki beat on Mikuru, because the first time, she actually did use her eye beam, and that was the only time her eye actually changed color. After visiting these forums, and looking at the episode 1 thread, I rewatched the Yuki/Itsuki conversation, with Itsuki's "he" and a knowing look at the cameraman. Mikuru's comments in this episode were very telling, where as her episode 2 comments just added to mystery.

This series is too funny, and more than a bit mysterious as well. It seems to me (I haven't read the novels, so I wouldn't actually know.) that Haruhi herself is aware of the strangeness to the degree that she's endlessly searching for those mysteries, but not the details. Maybe that's part of why she's so short-tempered and frustrated with the common world. Despite her not seeming particularly melancholic outside of Kyon watching her standing around in the 2nd episode, it's in the title, and I don't think it's a ruse. She didn't understand why Yuki physically attacked Mikuru in the first episode. Or why Kyon forced her to repeat that it was a complete work of fiction during the credits, despite Haruhi thinking that she made up a lot of the story her own.

Somehow I must resist reading the spoilers here, I probably shouldn't visit too often.

I voted a 9.

Last edited by Cheese Ninja; 2006-04-18 at 15:59.
Old 2006-04-18, 15:49   Link #98
NeoSlicerZ

Wow.. words cannot express how sorry I am for Mikuru after this episode.. and it seems to be only a foreshadowing of what is to come (only ep 3), seeing Mikuru crying so pitifully yet accepting her fate? I retract my GTO statement from ep 2, Suzumiya Haruhi is far different... I wonder why Kyon was given Hyperion though. Parallels between the Shrike and Haruhi?
Old 2006-04-18, 15:50   Link #99
Julius Firefocht

This episode is excellent, as usual. I do feel sorry for Mikuru though. The amount of abuse she is put through would make anyone weep. And Haruhi's efficiency and ruthlessness in achieving her goals make many of our world leaders look like angels in comparison.

I do find the part where Mikuru asks Kyon if he will take her if she can't be a bride rather cute. And of course, Haruhi and Mikuru in bunny girl suits is an automatic win.

9/10 for this episode.
Old 2006-04-18, 16:14   Link #100
MarmoO

Heh, I had to completely change my view of this anime. It looks it is much closer to drama or even a tragedy. Suzumiya really is like a kind of Greek goddess and she really meant what she said, she doesn't care about normal people, she see them more like a tools, Mikuru is there only to be a mascot, she is a tool to bring attention. I mean, in Haruhi’s eyes she really is a tool, unable to feel emotions on the same level as Suzumiya or Kyon do. Mikuru isn't a normal moe character, she is forced to be one, it states her behavior in second episode in complete new light. I really didn't enjoy third episode as a comedy, but with this one I have even higher expectation than before.
Closed Thread