AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 02:15   Link #1
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Galaxy on Fire 2 [iOS, Android, PC, OS X]

It's free on iOS until February 18th, but not OS X - not sure about the other platforms. I downloaded it to try it out and was hooked. I hate virtual button and joystick controls and many reviews list controlling this game on touch devices as a negative, but I was surprised at how good it felt. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it strongly reminds me of Wing Commander: Privateer, my favorite open-world space simulator.

Anyone else playing this?

Some screenshots (resized) taken in-game, on my iPad:

Old 2013-02-17, 12:02   Link #2
kyp275
Meh

yup, played this awhile ago, pretty good game. I can't say I liked the control all that much, but it's serviceable considering the limitations of the mobile platform.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:04   Link #3
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I was actually really surprised by how much I liked the control scheme. I usually hate games that make "virtual buttons," particularly those that try to emulate old Gameboy controls ("A" and "B" buttons, direction keys). Even though there's no tactile feedback, this felt very intuitive to me, and very sensitive. I haven't tried playing on my iPhone, which is a bit cramped by comparison, but it was very comfortable on the iPad.

I just finished the main campaign, and am now considering buying the expansion packs.
Old 2013-02-18, 00:07   Link #4
kyp275
Meh

My biggest issue is with the virtual joystick, often times I would inadvertently slip out of its range. The fact that I generally dislike 3rd person view for space sims made it more jarring for me.

Still, it was a fun game, and had quite a bit of content to go through for a mobile game, that alone made it a worthwhile purchase for me
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote