AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 04:19   Link #781
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Alright, I am not changing servers at the moment, though I want to ask being a Critical oriented thief relying on pistolwhip, should I get Power-Precision weapons or Precision-Critical Damage weapons?
D/D Crit Thief is better for survivability imo, but does less damage than pistolwhip. It's also more fun to play, because with S/P you are only standing spamming 3, 3, 3, 3 all the freaking time, when with D/D you are dancing around your enemy backstabbing them for crazy damage with the right traits(depending on your build, it does more damage than the pistol, but it's situational and more skill based). Also, the fact that the dagger's autoattack is quicker than the sword adds up to your survivability.

I've used S/P from 60 to 80, now I'm going back to D/D hybrid, with CD and crit gear.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:15   Link #782
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Where is everyone playing? I am in Borlis pass, same nick name.
Old 2012-09-22, 12:16   Link #783
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Just bought Guild Wars 2 finally (was so worth the money). I'm installing it right now, and getting things done~ I can't wait to just play this game. Now to just find out who I want to play as..

I'll be playing on Eredon's Terrace with friends of mine.
Old 2012-09-22, 18:20   Link #784
Xion Valkyrie

So if anyone wants to change their control scheme so it plays just like TERA, use this mod:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...onse-included/

It makes the combat even more fun and really close to a real action game. This really should have been the default control scheme.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:59   Link #785
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I have decided to transfer to the Sea of Sorrows because it is getting boring without anyone to play with.

PM me to exchange IGN.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 21:44   Link #786
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

A quick question, if you want to change servers. Are they free transfers? Or do you have to pay like in WoW?
Old 2012-09-22, 21:55   Link #787
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
A quick question, if you want to change servers. Are they free transfers? Or do you have to pay like in WoW?
I think they're still free right now, but sooner or later when the population has "stabilized" you'll have to pay.

I also transferred to Sea of Sorrows, so if anyone wants to play together add Scarlet Lake.

That being said, i was getting a little bored so i decided to try WvW for the first time. Hammering at a door for a good half hour only to find another door to hammer down put me off GW2 for a couple of days
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 23:00   Link #788
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Multiple people transferring onto Sea of Sorrows right as I was about to transfer off -_-. Well, still there for now and could come back if I do xfer off, so add Admiral Cuddles if you want to play.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 23:52   Link #789
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Im on SoS as Anaxev... mostly.
Old 2012-09-23, 00:01   Link #790
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i choose Sea of Sorrow as my first server when i got the game when it first came out.
is SoS the hanging place for animesuki now? lol.

i usually just farm around the Curse Shore place. the place where you encounter that
Historia Fia...yeah, around there and near the Arah dungeon. havent been doing much but
joining random group and zerging those risens for rare items to sell on Trading post. i wanted
to get that cool looking Cultural Armor for my female ranger, but it cost around 120 golds for
the whole thing. i'm at 43 golds now, only 77 golds left! that'll probably gonna take about 2
months of grinding for me!

my character name is Xefi <-------
Old 2012-09-23, 00:18   Link #791
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'll go on Sea of Sorrow for now. Until the future when my girlfriend is able to play. My name will be Hooves or Hoovesahoy~
Old 2012-09-23, 01:52   Link #792
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
I think they're still free right now, but sooner or later when the population has "stabilized" you'll have to pay.

I also transferred to Sea of Sorrows, so if anyone wants to play together add Scarlet Lake.

That being said, i was getting a little bored so i decided to try WvW for the first time. Hammering at a door for a good half hour only to find another door to hammer down put me off GW2 for a couple of days
If your server is remotely competent, it doesn't take 30 minutes to hammer a door down.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 04:34   Link #793
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Multiple people transferring onto Sea of Sorrows right as I was about to transfer off -_-. Well, still there for now and could come back if I do xfer off, so add Admiral Cuddles if you want to play.
What the hell kind of name is that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-23, 05:06   Link #794
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I like it
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 06:13   Link #795
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well add Tsubasa Kazenari then.

Old 2012-09-23, 11:11   Link #796
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
i moved over to Sea of Sorrows as well(Neyuki is the name btw) but i trying to figure out what would be a good Ranger build, SB/LB is okay but my damage kinda sucks, any advice?
Old 2012-09-23, 16:04   Link #797
Somnus
Eh?

I've no intention of moving to SoS, but just thought I'd say "hi" as one of the other servers in your WvWvW matchup right now (Fort Aspenwood). We're both being beat by Isle of Janthir at the moment, though.

Either way, I'll add you folks to my friends list. Maybe we can party sometime.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:16   Link #798
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What the hell kind of name is that.
Do not. diss. the Cuddles. I couldn't think of any good names for a Charr character so I decided to come up with something silly instead. I've gotten several compliments on it in-game.

I'll be sending out a friend request to everyone that posted they were on SoS I guess. There's enough now that I may as well stick around for the time being.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:52   Link #799
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'd love to see Arena Net's internal stats pertaining to how often North, SE, or SW win WvWvW.

If I was a betting main, I'd bet that in the big picture, North tends to have the fewest wins. ;D

We finally, after a month, got to be in another position (from North to SE), and we are having fun utterly destroying the server stuck in the North position. I'm actually curious as to where they res when you have all their Waypoints in conflict.

I'd go into a discourse about the psychological nature that likely drives people-in a general sense- to go "up" on a fixed map, and the issues that may bring about in a 3-sided map, but really, only Anet would have the data to make such a discussion anything more than conjecture. That said, I'd love for Anet to experiment with a nw/ne/s three-sided map in the future, which could probably alleviate this issue, assuming the issue even exists as I'm sure they can see for themselves with their internal data.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:59   Link #800
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I feel tempted to purchase Guild Wars 2 because I had been anticipating it way back when as it was first announced. I don't really have the free time for an MMO though. How does this game appeal for casual players? The lack of subscription fee, as with the original Guild Wars, makes it look all the more appealing.

Anyone remember old Droknar's runs on the original Guild Wars campaign? Very nostalgic to me, lol.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote