AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2009-09-20, 13:32   Link #601
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Especially since the main reason to do so (outside of outright changing the past) would be to explore what happened with Megaroad-01, and that's precisely the story that they don't have any intention of exploring.
Any idea why? Did they say this in the past sometime.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:25   Link #602
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
That was Kawamori & co.'s intention, to instigate speculations about what happened to the Megaroad. It was pretty much his idea of a closure (hero & heroine riding into the sunset), especially since at the time there were no plans to create a sequel to Macross.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 18:51   Link #603
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Kawamori used to get asked this all the time, and his response is to the effect of "their story is finished and done". They were given a great send off, and there really isn't anything left to explore. Furthermore, leaving matters as is is a good way of honoring Arihiro Hase's memory. With Kawamori fully in charge of the Macross franchise, what he says is going to be the way it is.

And really the only proper way to tackle Megaroad-01 again is to use Hikaru, Misa and Minmay as the leads again (using them as secondary characters doesn't work as Shadow Chronicles aptly demonstrates ). And the key to their character roles is to go over their relationships again. Since those relationships ended at a very stable spot, it'd be necessary to shake them up again (seeing the happy couple enjoy themselves all the time is drama-killing), and that's only asking for trouble.
Old 2009-09-26, 18:36   Link #604
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Macross Frontier questions...

How did Sheryl get infected by V-type virus?
What were the capsules that Grace gave her supposed to do? And is there any treatment for Sheryl?

What is Grace? She was a human..

Why was Michel killed off suddenly by the writer?
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 19:09   Link #605
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Macross Frontier questions...

How did Sheryl get infected by V-type virus?
Clearly, Grace infected her.

Quote:
What were the capsules that Grace gave her supposed to do?
Make her feel better, ostensibly.

Quote:
And is there any treatment for Sheryl?
Yes. Ranka.

Quote:
What is Grace? She was a human..
Yeah...just how much of the real Grace was left is debatable...

Quote:
Why was Michel killed off suddenly by the writer?
He wasn't. He was killed by the Vajra.

It's war. Theoretically, anyone can die at any time. Even characters who you like a lot.

But, according to Kawamori's commentary for the episodes in the book 2059 Memories, Michael was ALWAYS slated to die, but he was originally supposed to die around halfway through the show. The staff liked him, though, so he ended up living for a while longer.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 04:01   Link #606
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Hmm, needs some additional notes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Clearly, Grace infected her.
This was via injection of V-type virus into her bloodstream.

Quote:
Yes. Ranka.
No explanation how Ranka did it, but it is somehow related to her achieving greater control of the Force, I mean, Vajra stuff. How she figured that out? Again, no explanation.

Quote:
Yeah...just how much of the real Grace was left is debatable...
Do you know of any origin story about Grace? I don't think it's established that Grace was once human.

Quote:
He wasn't. He was killed by the Vajra.

It's war. Theoretically, anyone can die at any time. Even characters who you like a lot.

But, according to Kawamori's commentary for the episodes in the book 2059 Memories, Michael was ALWAYS slated to die, but he was originally supposed to die around halfway through the show. The staff liked him, though, so he ended up living for a while longer.
Was it mentioned in the "liner notes" from he-who-must-not-be-named (actually, I forgot his handle ) that womanizers are killed off in Macross? I guess this is just one of those opinions and not established fact.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 04:34   Link #607
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Do you know of any origin story about Grace? I don't think it's established that Grace was once human.
There was something to that effect on one of the drama CD's. Namely, it's implied that Grace made the jump to inhumane land way after infecting Sheryl.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 05:56   Link #608
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
There was something to that effect on one of the drama CD's. Namely, it's implied that Grace made the jump to inhumane land way after infecting Sheryl.
Ah, if I recall correctly, she needed to rewire her emotional circuitry in order to effectively perform her experiments on Sheryl without the distractions of feelings of attachment. I'm thinking she was already a cyborg by then.
Old 2009-09-29, 06:46   Link #609
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, a cyborg, by definition, does start out as human, no? Even more if one does have to re-scramble itself out of emotions, I'd say.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 08:09   Link #610
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Hmm, needs some additional notes..
In the novel, I believe it says she was human before the attack on the research team in 2047...which it refers to explicitly as "the first time she died."

Quote:
Was it mentioned in the "liner notes" from he-who-must-not-be-named (actually, I forgot his handle ) that womanizers are killed off in Macross? I guess this is just one of those opinions and not established fact.
It wasn't in the liner notes, it was in the fake Famitsu interview...but either way, it's made-up.

Last edited by Yot-chan; 2009-09-30 at 17:51. Reason: Typos
Old 2009-09-30, 10:42   Link #611
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Tnx and reps all around. So, it seems Grace has a hazy past
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 09:29   Link #612
Minmay

what is "Zentran"?
is that mean zentradi ?
I hear it in Macross F , Ranka said she is half zentran :\
thanks
Minmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 09:32   Link #613
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minmay View Post
what is "Zentran"?
is that mean zentradi ?
Yes.

Ranka is half Zentran, and Zentran means Zentradi.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-10-21, 03:07   Link #614
Minmay

thanks alot
Minmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 06:50   Link #615
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

To be exact, I think it was 1/4 Zentran.
Old 2009-10-22, 07:23   Link #616
Tak

Quote:
To be exact, I think it was 1/4 Zentran.
Well, you are right

But I should already get kudos for even remembering that much about Ranka

- Tak

Old 2009-10-25, 12:23   Link #617
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I have a question about the zentran situation at the time of their encounter with the humans.

It is said that they are a civilization that only live for the war. That to me seems to imply they are fighting wars all the time.

In the first series we know that the Macross is actually a spaceship that was built by a an enemy faction of the Zentradi that will fight against the U.N. forces.
While I don't remember if that was ever stated directly, it seems evident that the ones who built Macross were also Zentradi.

Given this facts, I imagine that there are two or even several factions of Zentradi constantly fighting each other. No other faction has been mentioned except the protodeviln, however it is quite clear that the Zentradi do not want to fight against them, and they have been dormant for a long time.

My question then is. Are there more detailed info about this or these other factions? Do we ever see them? Do we know if they were "culturized" like the first one?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 13:00   Link #618
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I have a question about the zentran situation at the time of their encounter with the humans.

It is said that they are a civilization that only live for the war. That to me seems to imply they are fighting wars all the time.

In the first series we know that the Macross is actually a spaceship that was built by a an enemy faction of the Zentradi that will fight against the U.N. forces.
While I don't remember if that was ever stated directly, it seems evident that the ones who built Macross were also Zentradi.

Given this facts, I imagine that there are two or even several factions of Zentradi constantly fighting each other. No other faction has been mentioned except the protodeviln, however it is quite clear that the Zentradi do not want to fight against them, and they have been dormant for a long time.

My question then is. Are there more detailed info about this or these other factions? Do we ever see them? Do we know if they were "culturized" like the first one?
In the Macross TV show, it's stated that the Macross was originally built by the Supervision Army, and they are the main opponents of the Zentradi. Not much more is revelaed about them during the show, including whether or not they still exist.

But in Macross 7, it's revealed that the Supervision Army was/is made up of Miclones and Zentradi brainwashed by the Protodeviln. However, we still don't know much more about them.

It really is one of the bigger gaps in the Macross story, but I doubt it'll ever get filled any more than it already has.

(In DYRL, of course, it's just Zentradi vs. Meltrandi, which simplifies things.)
Old 2009-10-25, 13:07   Link #619
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
But in Macross 7, it's revealed that the Supervision Army was/is made up of Miclones and Zentradi brainwashed by the Protodeviln. However, we still don't know much more about them.
Ah I seem to remember this, however this doesn't match with the fact that the Macross was made to be used by giantsized humanoids as it is clearly understandable by looking at the giant airlock that Hikaru and Minmei come across. Also I think it was stated that the VF were created because the U.N. knew that they could encounter aliens of the same size, but at that point they only had the Macross to base their speculation upon.

Maybe the Macross is an old remnants of the Supervision Army fleet before they underwent miclonization.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 13:24   Link #620
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Ah I seem to remember this, however this doesn't match with the fact that the Macross was made to be used by giantsized humanoids as it is clearly understandable by looking at the giant airlock that Hikaru and Minmei come across. Also I think it was stated that the VF were created because the U.N. knew that they could encounter aliens of the same size, but at that point they only had the Macross to base their speculation upon.

Maybe the Macross is an old remnants of the Supervision Army fleet before they underwent miclonization.
As I said, the Supervision Army was made up of Miclones AND Zentradi.

In that airlock scene, I seem to remember a Miclone-size airlock right next to the giant one...could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Tags
q&a