Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-20, 13:54   Link #2881
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I was just looking at all the episode threads for AGE. And so far, other than the first two episode threads, no thread has had more than 200 replies, and a couple of threads have even less than 100 replies. Is there just not a lot to talk about with AGE or is the AnimeSuki Gundam community just not as active as it used to be?
Probably because hardly anyone is watching it, just look @ it's MAL stats. (And if you hate that site it doesn't get much better on ANN either, hardly any votes and a 6.0 rating)

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10808/M...ndam_AGE/stats

Than you compare it to other shows from the same season and it's well behind.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=743

There isn't even a discussion thread on ANNs forums for Gundam AGE, I'll say the post count here is a testament to the Gundam community here more than anything else... like I've said before if this didn't have the Gundam name to it you wouldn't have a 300 post thread for this... I mean look @ how many posts the other Level 5 anime shows have here..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 14:10   Link #2882
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

You're... relying on MAL for your stats?
Old 2011-12-20, 14:20   Link #2883
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You're... relying on MAL for your stats?
You know if Mashiro-iro Symphony and Kimi to Boku were the most watched shows on MAL for this season you might have a point, but the shows most watched on that site are in line with the most popular for the season. I really don't see how MALs forums sucking or their rating system being shit or whatever beef you have has any effect on the piss small amount of people watching it. One thing people agree on is that if MAL is good for anything it is the lists and these stats are based on that.

Would you rather I post the NyaaTorrents Done stats? I already mentioned ANN's ratings for it are low as well, and it doesn't even have a Discussion thread. Going from 22.3k downloads with Episode 1 to to not even break 10k with Episode 10 is telling.. and yes there is other methods to watch the show than dling torrents but that applies to every other show as well.

FWIW I think the low figures are more to do with people not even giving the show a chance period instead of the actual quality of the show itself... if the second gen has good word of mouth expect an upswing...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 14:38   Link #2884
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You know if Mashiro-iro Symphony and Kimi to Boku were the most watched shows on MAL for this season you might have a point, but the shows most watched on that site are in line with the most popular for the season. I really don't see how MALs forums sucking or their rating system being shit or whatever beef you have has any effect on the piss small amount of people watching it. One thing people agree on is that if MAL is good for anything it is the lists and these stats are based on that.

Would you rather I post the NyaaTorrents Done stats? I already mentioned ANN's ratings for it are low as well, and it doesn't even have a Discussion thread. Going from 22.3k downloads with Episode 1 to to not even break 10k with Episode 10 is telling.. and yes there is other methods to watch the show than dling torrents but that applies to every other show as well.

FWIW I think the low figures are more to do with people not even giving the show a chance period instead of the actual quality of the show itself... if the second gen has good word of mouth expect an upswing...
Wow. Way to completely jump the gun, there. I'm skeptical of any kind of stats being used to determine the quality of a show. What I find to be a good show, ten others may utterly hate. That ten others my find to be a good show, I may utterly hate. That's what stats don't get across.

As for the MAL ratings, there's a disconnect between a critical evaluation and a personal opinion. I've given shows I absolutely love 5s before, because they were entertaining and not much else. I've seen the reverse happen too: There's been shows I've rated with a 9 or even 10, yet I could barely stomach the thought of watching again. Then there's the people who give 9s and 10s to absolutely every show, as well as the fact that MAL is a self-selecting membership.

The people on there are far more likely to be the vocal minority, if they're bothered enough to actually make a membership, take the time to make a list of what they've watched, and then rating it. Long story short, I don't have anything against MAL or any other type of stat, on paper or my computer screen. Which is exactly what they are. Statistics.
Old 2011-12-20, 16:10   Link #2885
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

should you watch AGE or not? it's up to you, check out episode 1-3, if you don't like it by then then don't keep watching, if you do like it, keep watching, it's as simple as that
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 08:23   Link #2886
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

New scans, havnt seen these before

Looks like the adele will get a MP Dods rifle, and a AGE-shield, GM Homage go! it even has two eyes under the visor

Largan finally getting a upgraded Genoace with a new type of rifle? exciting

Last edited by Znozzy; 2011-12-21 at 08:41.
Old 2011-12-21, 08:44   Link #2887
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
New scans, havnt seen these before

Looks like the adele will get a MP Dods rifle, and a AGE-shield, GM Homage go! it even has two eyes under the visor
Unmistakable AGE-1 tech (arm, feet, waist assembly) on Adele; even the shield was unmodified. Clearly a mass production model of AGE-1. So the EFF is finally well armed to fight 1st generation UE units by Asem's time. I wonder how will it fare against the 2nd generations ones like the Dorado, which is now equiped with double "shields".

The pink Genoace II seems to be armed with a rapid fire...flashlight. Poor lad.

Last edited by casval cehack; 2011-12-21 at 08:48. Reason: Largan's Genoace
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 08:50   Link #2888
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Yeah, no doubt it's a MP AGE-1.

Maybe the new UE mobile suits will be rolled out in response to the Adele? like the first generation two episode showing the Adele(s)? going up against a few UE's, shoot them down just to have them be shot down in return by the new UE mobile suits?

then have the AGE-2 come and save the day

also, it seems like the 2nd gen UE mobile suits will still somewhat transform, with the wings wrapping around as waistarmor, they are alot smaller than the Gafrans though
Old 2011-12-21, 09:08   Link #2889
casval cehack

On the other hand, the Genoace II inherited the Genoace Custom tech. Maybe it's Woolf's original one (not a MP model), uparmed and painted with Largan's signature pink.

A generation later and still the UE looks like it hardly changed at all.
Old 2011-12-21, 09:11   Link #2890
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Interesting. It is said that Genoace II is the Genoace Custom finally put into mass production. I guess that makes the Adele the ace units? It definitely looks superior with what appears to be tech from AGE itself. Beside the shield and rifle, notice that it has Spallow's shoulder armor as well.

Dorado rocks!
Old 2011-12-21, 09:38   Link #2891
PzIVf3

So that mean the Zaku gets the upgrade too.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 09:50   Link #2892
bio9205
Reborn

Is it confirmed the Dorado is for the second generation, and not some boss for the first?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 09:59   Link #2893
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

unknown sofar i think, we can only speculate at this point.

the Genoace custom is the Genoace 2? big dissapointment, maybe the Adele is the Diva alliance mobile suits for the second gen or final battle?
Old 2011-12-21, 10:13   Link #2894
PzIVf3

Gundam Age 2nd OP, ED song.
http://www.gundam.info/topic/6465

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/12/neg...it-gundam-age/
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 10:17   Link #2895
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Is it confirmed the Dorado is for the second generation, and not some boss for the first?
The words in the pic are too small to read, but I did see an 'Asem Chapter' in that Dorado pic
Old 2011-12-21, 20:18   Link #2896
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Dorado and Adele look grand. The Genoace II...not so much...looks like a carbon copy of Woolf's Genoace...I wonder if that's something Largan gets, or turns out to be a new MP suit. I'm gonna vote that it's something Largan gets. It's too much the same to be anything new. Which is disappointing.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 20:51   Link #2897
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

So Yurin dying is as good as subverted.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-21, 20:53   Link #2898
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Who says Flit and Asem have conflict in the first place?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 20:53   Link #2899
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Dorado and Adele look grand. The Genoace II...not so much...looks like a carbon copy of Woolf's Genoace...I wonder if that's something Largan gets, or turns out to be a new MP suit. I'm gonna vote that it's something Largan gets. It's too much the same to be anything new. Which is disappointing.
Yeah, my guess is same as yours. But I'd prefer it that way, better than having Largan fight the final battle in that Genoace shit.

I still don't like how the Adele looks so much like the AGE-1. I mean, sure, it's a MP model, but I'd appreciate some variation. Especially with the shield and the legs.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 23:22   Link #2900
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Who says Flit and Asem have conflict in the first place?
A conflict between the two will open more interesting scenarios compare to a harmonious one ("Go son, you can defeat the UE"). Not similar to Gendou's treatment of Shinji, but think of Asem's secret half-brothers, Asem questioning how Flit met his mother and so on.