Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-04, 21:11   Link #201
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Nice one deathvengeance! But I think you should lower the number of bats in the moon's area ^__^
Nah, I'm just going to be completely finished with this one I like how it turned out. Besides, the bats on the moon were part of the image, it'd be too much of a pain to remove them. But then again, I could get just a pic of the moon, then use a few small bats on that... but on second thought, I'll just leave it the way it is lol I like it that way
Old 2004-09-04, 21:19   Link #202
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
The others are definitely not Autumn, but I think I can accept this one. It is spooky enought to pass for Halloween
aaah! thank you!
Old 2004-09-04, 23:40   Link #203
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
I like the second one, but the bigger text should have a blending option added to it so it'll stand out more IMO. (if you right click the text layer, there should be an option for 'blending' so you can add shadows or whatever.)
Thx a lot, Oujirou. I fiddled a bit with the blending options and I think the text is easier to see now (and the leaves have shadows too ^^) Thx to Wandering Youth too for pointing it out (Btw, I love ur banner, tho I think the second one is better) Well... Here's the redone versions of both:

and
Old 2004-09-05, 01:36   Link #204
aahhsin

Final Entry.

Sorry If you're not added, there's only so much room in a banner.

A grand get together in a grand scheme of Thanksgiving.

Edit so my 3 banner entries are

Strangly I think the Pokemon one looks the best. Awesome.

Now which 3 I think is the best of the best? As of this post and before?

Heck and I don't even like the 2nd and 3rd one. Compared to everything else, I had to choose it just for the 3.

Last edited by aahhsin; 2004-09-05 at 01:56.
Old 2004-09-05, 02:22   Link #205
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Thx a lot, Oujirou. I fiddled a bit with the blending options and I think the text is easier to see now (and the leaves have shadows too ^^) Thx to Wandering Youth too for pointing it out (Btw, I love ur banner, tho I think the second one is better) Well... Here's the redone versions of both:

and
Are you sure that you want me to list both of these options? They are so similar that they are going to steal votes from each other. If banner 1 gets 12 votes and banner 2 gets 18 votes, then it is probable that if you only chose one banner that single banner would get 30 votes. You are very strongly competing with yourself. I think that you ought to choose only a single banner to put to the vote, but it is ultimately your choice. I'd be upset though if such a nice banner lost because it was twins. (Incidently I'd give my vote to the white leaf variant.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Final Entry.

While it technically breaks the edge blending rule, it's unusual nature makes that look appropriate.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-05, 02:36   Link #206
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Are you sure that you want me to list both of these options? They are so similar that they are going to steal votes from each other. If banner 1 gets 12 votes and banner 2 gets 18 votes, then it is probable that if you only chose one banner that single banner would get 30 votes. You are very strongly competing with yourself. I think that you ought to choose only a single banner to put to the vote, but it is ultimately your choice. I'd be upset though if such a nice banner lost because it was twins. (Incidently I'd give my vote to the white leaf variant.)
Haha. Thx, NoSannin. I was actually leaning towards the White-leaf one too and never really intended to throw both into the contest. I guess I just wanted to see what everyone's opinion was between the two before making a final decision. As for Aahhsin, I think the Pokemon one is pretty rockin too. It would be cooler if they were eating food or something. Now that would be awesome. Perhaps u should make a Yu-Gi-Oh banner to match ^^
Old 2004-09-05, 03:10   Link #207
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue

and
Red one is better but it's still pretty hard to see the "edition" text.
Old 2004-09-05, 03:49   Link #208
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
i give up , hehe , really hard to find pics to work with , anyways did like 20 banners and they were all bad , so here are my final 3 , not really aiming to win , well atleast i dont have a chance with this crap , hehe , like i said my final entries , hope to see one of them at the top of animesuki forums pretty soon , heheh

1.-lost the psd so it kinda suffered when i edited the text

2.-this one is the only one i liked , hope orochimaru doesnt scare the kids away , hehehe

3.-i should of sticked with the ed one , hehe , but like this anime so whatever

so those are my banners , should i pm NoSanninWa , well if you read this , well what i said , final entries , hehe , anybody can still tell me if i should change something but probably to lazy to do it , but hey , when the time comes vote for them , hehe
Old 2004-09-05, 04:49   Link #209
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Incidently, I'd ask that everyone who has posted banners here should look through the Nominations Thread and let me know if I've got the correct banners listed for you. Also, consider if you want to risk splitting your vote 3 ways. If you think your banners might compete with each other then please tell me which are the 1 or 2 you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu_33
i give up , hehe , really hard to find pics to work with , anyways did like 20 banners and they were all bad , so here are my final 3 , not really aiming to win , well atleast i dont have a chance with this crap , hehe , like i said my final entries , hope to see one of them at the top of animesuki forums pretty soon , heheh

1.-lost the psd so it kinda suffered when i edited the text

2.-this one is the only one i liked , hope orochimaru doesnt scare the kids away , hehehe

3.-i should of sticked with the ed one , hehe , but like this anime so whatever

so those are my banners , should i pm NoSanninWa , well if you read this , well what i said , final entries , hehe , anybody can still tell me if i should change something but probably to lazy to do it , but hey , when the time comes vote for them , hehe
Consider me alerted. Your choices in the Nominations Thread have been updated. Incidently I rather like the Mahou Shoujou Tai Alice banner! (I'm a sucker for the Halloween themes. ) And the long horizontal sweep of Chi's hair in the first banner is perfect for the composition.

Quote:
Final Entry.

Not sure what I was thinking before. How is this Autumn themed? You said something about Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure I get it. Is your concept about being thankful to have all of us in your community?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-05, 08:16   Link #210
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
My 3 current ones for the competition have changed...again. Think this is the last time unless anyone has a better idea?

Old 2004-09-05, 08:43   Link #211
Shay
Monarch Programmer

My perverted attempt.

Btw, don't flame Its just a joke.

P.S Keep up the good work guys, all the banners look cool. Especially the creepy Halloween ones.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-09-05, 09:11   Link #212
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Hey guys can you help me pick a final top three?!
Thanks >__<.

Old 2004-09-05, 09:33   Link #213
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
Hey guys can you help me pick a final top three?!
Thanks >__<.

I'd say the 3rd and the 5th. And the 1st if you erase the bg of the image on it.
Old 2004-09-05, 10:18   Link #214
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Some very nice banners so far . A few have really neat designs that, in any other circumstances, I would be eager to use ASAP! Of course, there are some not so good ones , some plain silly ones and some I'm still trying to forget ; but mostly they are good.

However, it's an "Autumn" banner contest and regrettably none I've seen yet really capture the "autumn" feeling for me...
Old 2004-09-05, 10:28   Link #215
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
Now which 3 I think is the best of the best? As of this post and before?

Heck and I don't even like the 2nd and 3rd one. Compared to everything else, I had to choose it just for the 3.
Gee... thanks? I guess?
Old 2004-09-05, 10:58   Link #216
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsvengeance
Gee... thanks? I guess?
Might as well picked the three that were worst with that comment
(ignore list is your friend deathsvengeance )

Anyways, I posted far too much without sayin what I like, so here I go

of course

reminds me a bit of winter but works

We all know the naruto fans will spamvote this one j/k

err, just noticed two of mine are broke in the nomi thread 0_o reupload time

Old 2004-09-05, 12:12   Link #217
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
I'd say the 3rd and the 5th. And the 1st if you erase the bg of the image on it.
Done! =D
Old 2004-09-05, 12:20   Link #218
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Final Entry.

Sorry If you're not added, there's only so much room in a banner.

A grand get together in a grand scheme of Thanksgiving.
This banner is very original. I guess it's supposed to symbolize something about togetherness and that's what Thanksgiving is about. Being together as a family/community. Overall: 94%

Let's see who is on there:

xris
ChibiDusk
mantidor
Oneesama
anbu_33
Necrodeath
bonejellyfish
Green :little "2": (Sorry I can't do that "2" thing)
NoSanninWa
Muri Woods
sarcasteak
aahhsin (old avatar)
Hellychan
Oujirou
Shin Kell
PriestessKikyo
deathsvengeance
Thany :EDIT: (But why from the sig?)
Necrodeath (Again......)
Tzurial
OMchan

I'll edit once I remember how to spell the other ones names.

Surprised absence of banner:

GHDpro
Mr Paper
Razer_2mb (My avatar is trademarked. All rights reserved. The Osaka avatar in my lj is free to be used in the banner because it was made by someone else and is technically my offical avatar.)
Nightwish
Dranz

Other 2 on the top 3:

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-09-05 at 13:58.
Old 2004-09-05, 13:18   Link #219
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
This banner is very original. I guess it's supposed to symbolize something about togetherness and that's what Thanksgiving is about. Being together as a family/community. Overall: 94%

Surprised absence of banner:

GHDpro
Mr Paper
Razer_2mb (My avatar is trademarked. All rights reserved.)
Nightwish
Dranz
You got a good point there, I didn't use all the mods. Heck Necrodeath is in there twice.

time to remake it.

Remade one, this time I tried to use the people that actually participated in this event (I couldn't get everyone, so don't spite me) and most of the mods. I left out ElevenPath (Avatar was way too ugly for me) and Animaniac (Heck is he still here?) and some other mods that I have never seen.

NSW sorry to bother you, but please replace this one with the other mural.

NSW the validness of this banner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb

Last edited by aahhsin; 2004-09-05 at 14:24.
Old 2004-09-05, 13:56   Link #220
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

These three are my favorite banners so far:

Tags
banner contest, contest