AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Favourite Character(s) Poll [Second Part]
Servant Saber - King of Knights, Arturia Pendragon 58 40.00%
Saber's Master - Magus Killer, Emiya Kiritsugu 70 48.28%
Servant Archer - King of Heroes, Gilgamesh 59 40.69%
Archer's Master - Magus Partiarch, Tohsaka Tokiyomi 8 5.52%
Servant Lancer - Fianna Knight, Diarmuid O'Dyna 27 18.62%
Lancer's Master - Lord El-Melloi, Kayneth Archibald 5 3.45%
Servant Rider - King of Conquerors, Iskandar 72 49.66%
Rider's Master - Magus Student, Waver Velvet 37 25.52%
Servant Caster - Bluebeard, Gilles de Rais 6 4.14%
Caster's Master - Serial Killer, Uryuu Ryuunosuke 8 5.52%
Servant Berserker - Black Knight, ???? 26 17.93%
Berserker's Master - Crest Worms Magus, Matou Kariya 50 34.48%
Assassin's Master - Church Executor, Kotomine Kirei 38 26.21%
Irisviel von Einzbern 56 38.62%
Hisau Maiya 22 15.17%
Sola-Ui Nuaba-Re Sophia-Ri 4 2.76%
Others 13 8.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-22, 08:29   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Welcome to Fate/Zero - Favorite Character(s) Poll [Second Part] - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite Fate/Zero characters.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely! If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to (such like Tohsaka Rin, Matou Sakura, etc.).

Please remember this thread is based on Fate/Zero. Therefore, please do not post any Fate/Stay Night spoilers, and please try to keep focus on Fate/Zero franchise if you were to explain why you like some character(s).

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:52   Link #2
Ragna92

Gilgamesh- He is by far my favorite in the Fate franchise
Iskandar- Definitely the star of Fate/Zero
Kotomine- One of the greatest antagonists in anime history.
Kiritsugu- Great protgaonist, was a perfect lead for Fate/Zero and had an amazing back story.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 13:19   Link #3
Aqua Knight

Gilgamesh - no need for explanations
Lancer - just too awesome
Tohsaka - handsome eyes and beard,even though he died in the stupidest way possible
Old 2012-07-22, 13:53   Link #4
Thess

I would have voted for everyone, but I... stopped myself.

Kirei's my favorite character. Rider, Irisviel and Gilgamesh come just after him. But I really love the cast.

Likewise the best unsung character: ANGRA MAINYU.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:55   Link #5
supermegasonic

kirisugu. only one to realize what the holy grail really is about. is an awesome and cool guys and has style. he also never slept during the whole war, and still managed to defeat everyone.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:44   Link #6
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Kiritsugu
Archer
Rider
Waver
Maiya
Ryuunosuke
Lancer

I enjoyed these characters. =D

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 12:36   Link #7
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Saber: Poor and Awesome girl T-T She fought all her opponents with exhalted respect, honour and grace as also equally glorious fury, rage and power. Excalibur at his fullest was a really awesome spectacle and i really felt sad for her when disgrace and betrayal comes to haunt her from all sides.

Gilgamesh: An interestign developement. I hated this guy in Fate/Stay Night but here is an interesting heroic villain full of motivations his backstory and his philosophy, he actually gives things like greed, pleasure and ambition a much more significant meaning and the slow process of how he twists beliefs and keeps holding his ambitiona s his most precious quality ...dastardly awesome xD!

Iskandar: What can i say about this guy that anyone else doesn't now yet? He's the sole reason i started to take this show seriously. Just as Gilgamesh his charisma is undeniable ...but unlike him, Iskandar is a truly admirable figure his ambition contagious and is a person one would want to follow for real. His ideals and beliefs are a wee bit outdated for modern times (like his disdain of Saber's royal status for being a girl) but thet doesn't mean those are wrong, his support for Waver is moving and he even managed to do the impossible, something no one in the entire franchise has managed to do: earn the favour and admiration of Gilgamesh xD!

Waver Velvet: It's hard to not feel related to these guy, he's most likely the audience surrogate. The guys who entered the Holy Grail War without a hint of knowledge but managed to summon awesomeness incarnate in the for of Iskandar. The growth of Waver durng the series really hooked me up and his crowning moment of awesome was definetely the moment when he finally showed his undying loyalty.

Kariya Matou: I voted for him because i really feel bad for this guy, i also have little nieces and seeing him wasting his life trying to save one with the universe constantly conspiring against his efforts really crushed me T-T Even being gifted with one of the most powerfull servants of the franchise wasn't enough to light up his crussade. I cannot avoid feelign simpathy for the poor guy.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 13:13   Link #8
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Iskandar: What can i say about this guy that anyone else doesn't now yet? He's the sole reason i started to take this show seriously. Just as Gilgamesh his charisma is undeniable ...but unlike him, Iskandar is a truly admirable figure his ambition contagious and is a person one would want to follow for real. His ideals and beliefs are a wee bit outdated for modern times (like his disdain of Saber's royal status for being a girl) but thet doesn't mean those are wrong, his support for Waver is moving and he even managed to do the impossible, something no one in the entire franchise has managed to do: earn the favour and admiration of Gilgamesh xD!
Rider's disdain for Saber's way of kingship was not about her gender. It was about how she sacrificed herself for ideals. When he called her a little girl it was more about her being young and foolish than her being female.

If you want someone who was chauvinistic towards Saber because of her gender, look no further than Gilgamesh.

And speaking of him, Kirei earned his favor as well.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 13:22   Link #9
Witch of Uncertainty

Kiritsugu, Saber, Gilgamesh and Irisviel.
I was happy every time one of these were on the screen (To a lesser extent when terrible things happened to them). :3
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 16:19   Link #10
Thess

Quote:
(like his disdain of Saber's royal status for being a girl)
Eh, not really. He thought she was suffering and in a self-destructive path (and she, uh, is actually) and blamed the burden of kingship (which was wrong) as the source of it. He actually has nothing but the deepest respect of her as warrior which is why he wanted to add her to his ranks of servants as a sign of admiration. He was looking on her best interests as a human being in a misguided way. Like Endless Twilight, Gilgamesh is the one who does this.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-08-04, 19:10   Link #11
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I voted for Rider.

He and Waver grew on me at the end. I don't cry often but I even cried when Gilgamesh killed him...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 00:53   Link #12
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Eh, not really. He thought she was suffering and in a self-destructive path (and she, uh, is actually) and blamed the burden of kingship (which was wrong) as the source of it. He actually has nothing but the deepest respect of her as warrior which is why he wanted to add her to his ranks of servants as a sign of admiration. He was looking on her best interests as a human being in a misguided way. Like Endless Twilight, Gilgamesh is the one who does this.
Still Iskandar gave a long speech about how bad he feels for Saber because he thinks she should be able to live the happiness of a nromal girl's life instead of forcing herself to the heavy burden she put on her own shoulders.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 00:54   Link #13
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Rider's in the lead.
Old 2012-08-05, 09:48   Link #14
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Still Iskandar gave a long speech about how bad he feels for Saber because he thinks she should be able to live the happiness of a nromal girl's life instead of forcing herself to the heavy burden she put on her own shoulders.
If she was a boy he would have said the same.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 13:15   Link #15
Thess

Quote:
Nothing gender related. He pretty much says in the beginning of their disagreement: "That's not how a human being should live." Had Saber been a boy, it would be the same.

Old 2012-08-31, 12:07   Link #16
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Rider and Waver (and Rin too) easily. Everybody else...who the heck thought that making all of your characters super-serious dull-voiced badasses who talk way too much about the same goddamn thing was a good idea?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 07:18   Link #17
Eragon
Still Alive

Well, my vote goes to the three kings:
Saber - for reasons that I've forgotten.....

Gilgamesh - If there was one character that I felt deserved to be arrogant, self centered, sadistic jerk it would be the King of Heroes. I just can't imagine, nor would I want him to be, any other way.

Iskandar - Little to say that hasn't already been said about this awesome character.
Old 2012-09-15, 06:02   Link #18
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Why do people keep voting for Kariya...
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 20:44   Link #19
LostHanyou

^
I voted for him because he was my favorite in the light novel, even though I thought he was the least interesting Master in the anime.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:43   Link #20
Thess

I like Kariya (with all his flaws). His suffering was entertaining too.