AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-20, 19:44   Link #3181
AQVXZ11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
And something else to think about. With Kumagawa's plans for the student council being the first thing on everyone's minds, people seem to have forgotten that there are other Minus students transferring to Hakoniwa to join Class -13. Even if they beat Kumagawa's Student Council, he'll probably have a mini army of Minuses to back him up by the time the fight is officially over. Which will probably start an entirely new Story Arc. And with what we've seem from Misogi, Mukae, Shibuki and Kagamaru.....
I agree. This is why my earlier post mentioned the return of the Plus Six as possible allies as well as Takachiro, Munakata and maybe even Oudo. The Student Council is going to need all the help they can get, and since Kumagawa wants to eliminate all Abnormals anyway, that's a perfect excuse to bring them back into the story.
AQVXZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 06:15   Link #3182
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
just drop by...
I went to the forum where the original owner of this forum account (surerman) usually chill out in kaskus.us
I seen one of his post there and wonder if one of you want it
Spoiler:

this is from Medaka Box one shot ...and (sadly) irrelevant with the rest of the series
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 07:01   Link #3183
Last Carpet

And another thing I've noticed. There are a lot of people, me included, who've said they'd like to see Zenkichi with an Abnormality of his own. All the hints that he's not as Normal everyone says he is, and receiving Ajimu's "Parasite Seeing" seem to have satisfied people. But still...

I'm starting to notice a sort of pattern here.

Zenkichi fought Misogi and grabbed him when they dropped in the Viper's Pit. Misogi couldn't use "All-Fiction" while Zenkichi was touching him, but after they were separated his Minus brought him back to life. He said he couldn't use it because he was rushed, and most of us swallowed that.

But later....

Zenkichi willingly touched Mukae's hands, causing the skin on his hands to rot. The corrosion appeared to stop at the first layer of skin. Misogi restores them both, and claims he tried to erase her "Raff-Rafflessia" with his Minus, but it was too powerful to completely erase and instead has weakened to the point of becoming controllable.

Maybe what he's saying is true and it really was his doing. And maybe what happened in the first fight was a fluke. But then again, everyone says Misogi is completely incapable of honesty.

What I think is that Zenkichi might have an Abnormality, a sort of "Anti-Minus" that shuts them off or weakens them through physical contact. And Misogi is taking credit for what Zenkichi is doing because he doesn't want him to realize just what kind of power he has.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this.
Who can say?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 10:12   Link #3184
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Spoiler for 87:
Sometimes I wish I know where to get the Japanese raw, but the Chinese one says thanks mr. person =):

Spoiler for 87:

I think Kumagawa and Ajimu would be make a fabulous couple if they were really one from before. If anything I hope (and predicting) Ajimu's actually the fucked up person and Kumagawa's actually the "good guy".

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-02-21 at 10:30.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 14:08   Link #3185
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Sometimes I wish I know where to get the Japanese raw, but the Chinese one says thanks mr. person =):

Spoiler for 87:

I think Kumagawa and Ajimu would be make a fabulous couple if they were really one from before. If anything I hope (and predicting) Ajimu's actually the fucked up person and Kumagawa's actually the "good guy".
First of all thanks for the translation seems very interesting.
Spoiler for Spoiler:

For the last part of your post best avoided for now to say something like that.
We do not have enough info to think something like that.
I mean we know that kumagawa loved her but we do not know what she felt.
The only thing we know is that Kumagawa get a lot angry when Ajimu help Zen(like when he comes back to life or when he discovered about "Parasite Seeing"that Ajumi loan to Zen.
What I mean is ... we need to know the relationship that Ajumi and Zen share and unfortunately we miss this piece of the story.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 16:34   Link #3186
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Chapter 63 just broke my patience. How the HELL are they "losers" when they're clearly badass motherfuckers? I don't get it!
Old 2011-02-21, 16:57   Link #3187
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Chapter 63 just broke my patience. How the HELL are they "losers" when they're clearly badass motherfuckers? I don't get it!
If you're only talking about fighting capability, you would be right.

If you're talking about friends, family, loved ones, etc., then they are "losers".
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 23:21   Link #3188
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I think my inner fanboy just opened its heart to Kuudou.
Old 2011-02-22, 04:22   Link #3189
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I think my inner fanboy just opened its heart to Kuudou.
When I hear "Theme song" I must always think about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEJ-x...eature=related
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 05:06   Link #3190
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So Shiranui really has a minus called Real Eater? D:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 07:08   Link #3191
Aesthetic Shampoo

^ Loved how that panel was drawn =D
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 07:28   Link #3192
Soji

Wait a minute I'm the only one to feel confused about what Shiranui said in that panel?
I mean I understand the words and the context itself ... what confuses me is .. I thought that only Ajimi could load power and yet it seems Shiranui herself can do that.
I wonder what it means and I wonder what effect Real Eater have.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 12:12   Link #3193
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
my question is far more profound, what the hell is that?!
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 14:33   Link #3194
Iron21

Shiranui "Real Eater" looks awesome.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 15:49   Link #3195
Last Carpet

First few chapter's after his intro his name was Kagamaru, lately they've been turning it into Gagamaru.

Make up your minds. And what's his deal with video games?
Anywho Shiranui is a confirmed Minus, and Kagamaru makes the butler look he puts on EPIC when he's pissed
Old 2011-02-22, 15:56   Link #3196
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Honest mistake? It's Gagamaru. Could it be Kagamaru?
Another translator also has it as Gagamaru, so I'm kinda sticking with this, but I'll ask anyway.

Edit:
Yeah it's Gagamaru.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2011-02-22 at 18:26.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 17:56   Link #3197
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

I had a feeling Shiranui's Minus would mention eating. As if that was hard to see coming haha.

Hinokage is a boss. Always was before and even more so now. How he met Medaka was awesome. With all this talk of the election last spring I hope we get a flashback of it at least. Not to mention there have been a few interesting names and references to people thrown around in this arc. It could progress 2-3 different ways from here on out.

Also I'm really curious what Kumagawa's originally minus was. That and why Ajimi took it from him unless they both made a deal. Either way, things have been great.
Old 2011-02-24, 13:59   Link #3198
Last Carpet

I've re-read the Hitoyoshi/Emukae fight. And, no matter how many times I read it, I can't find any way around the obvious

"Zenkichi reformed Mukae"

Not the all powerful, god-like beast Kurokami. Zenkichi, the normal, boring, average, not worth the effort jerk is the one who changed her outlook.

Kumagawa goes out of his way to insult and belittle him, but he does what Medaka can do for a Normal, Special or Abnormal, but can't do for a Minus.

I wish Nishio would quit beating around the bush and give us a clear answer as to where Zenkichi stands here.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:08   Link #3199
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I've re-read the Hitoyoshi/Emukae fight. And, no matter how many times I read it, I can't find any way around the obvious

"Zenkichi reformed Mukae"

Not the all powerful, god-like beast Kurokami. Zenkichi, the normal, boring, average, not worth the effort jerk is the one who changed her outlook.

Kumagawa goes out of his way to insult and belittle him, but he does what Medaka can do for a Normal, Special or Abnormal, but can't do for a Minus.

I wish Nishio would quit beating around the bush and give us a clear answer as to where Zenkichi stands here.
It's not the first time. He also reformed Munakata, remember. Not to mention, he's the only one who can curb Shiranui.

Not sure if Medaka's actually reformed anyone. She made King bow because she's more powerful, all she did for Hard Wrapping was give him someone who could hit him and Unzen hasn't changed at all (he made that quite clear). The only person she may have really changed is her sister.

Though she was responsible for Akune and Kikaijima changing, I guess.

There's been generally less of a focus on Medaka for this whole student council arc and more of a focus on the other characters, which I feel is what the series needed. It's gotten so much better since Nishio stopped trying to give scientific explanations to every power (which is a good way to ruin suspension of disbelief-- if someone has powers, just say they have powers, don't try to define it with real life logic as it just ruins it most of the time) and Kumagawa was introduced. I like him as a villain because despite his power, he's not your typical, crappy shounen villain who's a Villain Sue (like Mr. I controlled your whole life to get to this point and even then I only let you win Aizen). Kumagawa is bad and despite his immortality and abilities, he has his losses. It makes him much more interesting.
Old 2011-02-24, 20:29   Link #3200
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
It's not the first time. He also reformed Munakata, remember. Not to mention, he's the only one who can curb Shiranui.
THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!!!

I mean to say this is more up Zenkichi's alley than Medaka's. He made friends with Munakata, a natural born serial killer who Medaka couldn't approach because of his Abnormality. Shiranui, the manipulative girl who hates Medaka, is his best friend. And he reformed Mukae, the deranged girl who's desperate for attention and close contact, who Medaka can't approach due to her Minus.

If anything it shows Zenkichi is more capable to deal with and potentially reform a Minus than Medaka could ever be. It would seem, if he can ever get over his fear of him, that Zenkichi has the best chance of reforming Kumagawa.

I can't help but wonder what the connection between Misogi, Zenkichi, and Najimi is.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council