Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 11:36   Link #301
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
ap yi is...not legit.

alhpa strike, autoattack once or twice, start getting blown up, heal, ?????, die.
Old 2010-12-14, 12:02   Link #302
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
ap yi is...not legit.

alhpa strike, autoattack once or twice, start getting blown up, heal, ?????, die.
Alpha Strike, attack, Wuju Style, attack, ult, attack. Get out of combat, heal. AP Yi is hard to kill, and bursting better than regular Yi. He just don't have the sustaining dps.
Beside, AP Yi works the same as other AP champ. You don't jump in first. You wait until the tank initiates.

You just didn't meet a good AP Yi.
Btw, AP Yi is really annoying in laning phase.
Old 2010-12-14, 12:36   Link #303
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ok, puzzle for the more experienced players. I am Swain, partnered with Mundo, beginning of the game. We arrive late at towers, I stick to tower he goes bush. I follow to save him if need be. In bush were Kass and Malz, they start pummeling him, I root for him to escape, he stays inside and dies before calling me noob for not helping him out. What chance would I have against two silencers (i.e. w/auto-attack)?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 13:13   Link #304
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Use your skill/summoner spell before you got silenced. Otherwise, tough luck. Bush facechecking is bad, and people should know it. Btw, why didn't he throw his cleave into the bush to check if there is anyone there first? =/

Yeah, you guess it right, that Mundo is trying to hide his fault by calling other noob.
Old 2010-12-14, 13:36   Link #305
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He tossed the cleaver but missed; they were at the bottom of the brush, he aimed topside. I did root them both, but he kept on attacking and reprimanded me for not attacking along. They had a heal or two, Mundo had one as well; I had ignite and tele, didn't get close enough to cast ignite.
Old 2010-12-14, 16:12   Link #306
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
ap yi is...not legit.

Lol you're kidding right? Attack speed + Lifesteal items , he's imba... He can take care of Heavy Tank 1v1 , casters won't last long against him.
Imo ,(Double strike ready) ; Wuju ; Alpha strike ; Highlander ; Auto-attack ; Meditate if needed .With his amazing atk speed and lifesteal added with infinity edge for critical , he can destroy the turret in 10s.
But yeah ,as Duo Maxwell said , you didn't encountered a good Yi.
Note that ,constatly you can farm creeps , get a lot of money/buff , buy items , then go gank , push... he's item dependant so better farm a lot.

Edit : Ofc AD Yi is imba too.

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-12-14 at 19:25.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 19:16   Link #307
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, AP Yis will have a hard time with Heimer, lol.
After he eats his concussion grenade, he'll have to retreat while being pulled by Upgrade!d Evolution Turrets.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 19:25   Link #308
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Funny , i saw it some hours ago , Yi was so feeded but still lose to Heimer with 450 AP :O
Old 2010-12-15, 06:50   Link #309
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Love the christmas skin, those caps on the minions are just <3 So, I met a Cass a while ago...good harass with poison, easy ganking with fangs and ulti, but seriously squishy champ, took less than 3 secs to ice her. Swain's passive changed from 300% mana regen per 5 for 5 seconds (equaling insane mana if you got golem) to 10 mana +1 per level per kill, meaning 27 mana per kill at LV18...can't say it's better, really. In the same game, I met an Akali who almost cost us the game, arguing with a rage leaver Kenny, who, according to Akali, was noob for not getting mejai's, and made all sorts of comments in the middle of a fight ("Star him, you idiot! OMG first time with Ken!?"). I'm ashamed we actually won tbh...
Old 2010-12-15, 08:12   Link #310
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Swain's passive changed from 300% mana regen per 5 for 5 seconds (equaling insane mana if you got golem) to 10 mana +1 per level per kill, meaning 27 mana per kill at LV18...can't say it's better, really.
This is not true. It only increase your base mana regen, which doesn't account addition mana regen from item/aura/buff. This is the reason Swain's passive was increase to 300% from 200% before, because frankly, it's just equal to a Meki Pendant at early game and at best, it's only 15 mp5 late game.
The current passive is better, especially in the combat where there are a lot of minions around.

Cass is...well....I don't know why would people bother with her Q + E combo, seeing how the range of her E is so suck. At least 200 range shorter than her Q. Maxing both her poisons first actually give you better lane control than using her E. If you use her E, it's also mean you're trading hit with your opponent, not harassing, and we all know how squishy she is.
[Edit]
Don't mind me, I am just theorycrafting. With the 6300 price tag, I know that I won't be able to use her until she is free (maybe until the next 2 weeks), and it's hardly a constructive review when I haven't even played her. That's what I think from seeing how she performed in game.

Currently saving IP to buy both Cho'gath and Kassadin, after that I think I'll move to "poison" base champions, like Teemo, Cass. Already got Singed. Is there any poison champ that I missed?

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2010-12-15 at 08:22.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 08:33   Link #311
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Twitch? However, it seems that this little critter was affected by the latest patch as well.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 08:49   Link #312
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Urgot.
Also for the same type , Kog (acid) & Malz(infect).
Fortunately the christmas skins cost 877 for Gragas / Mf / Shaco / Kog / Poppy & 468 for Amumu / Sona , not 1820 like the special skins , Astronaut Teemo , Fireman Tristana , Annie in the wonderland .....
Old 2010-12-15, 08:52   Link #313
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Twitch? However, it seems that this little critter was affected by the latest patch as well.
Ah thank....Twitch....I guess this one gets crossed out of my list, then . I'm just not good with any dps champion, and I just hate Twitch.

Teemo then :3.
Old 2010-12-15, 09:10   Link #314
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

With the patch, Twitch is hurt a lot. I mean limited shots to his spray and pray is just stupid.

Had a premade match against a Cass and well, I'm not that impressed. Yes her E skill range is short and the AP ratio is not that good. Q can be easily dodged like Karthus'. However, her ulti is instant and can take you by surprise when diving at her. Better to bs her during teamfights. And she fail against kiters just like on the video.

And... I'm not gonna buy her. Going for Pantheon then.
Old 2010-12-15, 12:20   Link #315
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Going for Pantheon then.
A wise choice
Quote:
Is there any poison champ that I missed?
I THINK Shaco's two-shiv poison poisons the enemy, not too sure about it though xD
Also Gangplank's passive, and if you want to get really technical about it, Zilean's bomb (4,3,2,1 dps before boom).
Old 2010-12-15, 12:37   Link #316
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Got my first game with Malzahar after this patch, although the change isn't significant, Voiding's presence isn't something that the enemy can omit either, and double Voiding is awesome :3. 8/0/10, not particular great but not a bad score either. Spirit Visage might be good on Malzahar after all.

Cass is annoying in laning phase. Dodging her poison really tired me out.
Old 2010-12-15, 13:12   Link #317
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Spirit Visage might be good on Malzahar after all.
How does he heal? Unless you're getting spell vamp too, I do that on occasion.
Quote:
Cass is annoying in laning phase. Dodging her poison really tired me out.
Same here. Addition to the "poison" champs: Swain's torment. Tried out new and improved Urgot with new and improved Last whisper. Simply amazing dps even against a tanky Nunu, gotta try him out on a Rammus next!
Old 2010-12-15, 13:37   Link #318
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

BTW, spirit visage don't work on lifesteal/spell vamp.

Bit sad on Malz's buffs though. Would've liked it better if I can more consistently land my Q's, rather than make W even more of a one point wonder until late game or getting double voidling more often. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 13:46   Link #319
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
How does he heal? Unless you're getting spell vamp too, I do that on occasion.
I don't really care for the heal, although there was Taric in my team. The extra HP/MR/CDR are what I was aiming for. There isn't anything that can give both MR and CDR, not to mention it's cheap. With Spirit Visage, rune/mastery/blue pot, I can reach 37.8% CDR. Laying 2 Call of the Void in 1 combat is enough to make the enemy curse your name.

I still have mana problem with him if the battle is prolonged too much, like 1 minute, or about 40 seconds if it happens in the jungle unless I go for Tear of Goddess. If I'm set with Tear of Goddess, I guess it's time to replace my mana regen runes with AP/lv ones.

Btw, those Holiday Quint are great :3. I was having trouble saving to buy 3 movement speed runes, and here come the deal with only 1550 IP each +1.5% ms quint. Gotta delay Kassadin and Cho'gath to complete my rune page.
Old 2010-12-15, 16:21   Link #320
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
BTW, spirit visage don't work on lifesteal/spell vamp.
But they're healing too Oh well. Thanks for the heads-up.
Quote:
complete my rune page.
I don't remember if I've asked this before, but...when is a good time to bother with runes? I only got a couple of T2 runes, never bothered investing anything more than ~300 IP in it.

Tags
league of legends, lol