AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-20, 09:25   Link #141
marin

While I generally agree with your "don't complain it's free" sentiment, I do think AJ is deserving of all the derision thrown at them.

Newbies who don't know much about fansubs can get seriously turned off from fansubs or the show by their "quality" translations.
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 02:18   Link #142
Sylvanthious

I haven't been keeping up with this series I quit watching around episode 16, I recently got back into it and was just wondering if ep 27 is the last ep in the series, dling ep 20 atm
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 02:37   Link #143
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yes. Episode 27 is the last episode. Take a look at http://animesuki.animehack.com/series.php/135.html and you'll see that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 20:06   Link #144
Phoenixx

Hello everyone. This is also my first post. I also wanted to say that I love Air Master. It was so cool. I downloaded the entire series at one time off of http://www.boxtorrents.com which I think might have been a bad idea. I watched from 12-27 in one night (when I should've been doing my hw and studying for midterms). But it was soo awesome.

I too wish there was more Sakamoto Jullietta. Man... if Maki doesn't want him... I'LL TAKE HIM! ahahah.. don't mind me As for Renge.. yeah I thought she was a little annoying when she kept yelling and what not, but she was soo cute, esp. with her little kitten on her head and that magic seal thing. I sorta wanted to fast forward the male on male action too. I think that it's cute that Mina like Maki so much, but Mina annoys me at times too, especially when she gets all needy for Maki. There was one time when Mina distracted Maki while she was fighting and just fell down. oh yeah.. back to Sakamoto Jullieta... oh man.. he's hot and I was just laughing at all those times he and Maki's father kept talking to each other.

I hope they continue the series. It was indeed very good. It didn't have so many random events, as some animes do. At least all the events were usually related to the previous episode or what not. What's the manga called, by chance?
Phoenixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 08:34   Link #145
Danger

oh god, is it just me or can anyone else dl episode 22 from HQA N! and Aone?

gad thats pissing me off so bad, i have the entire series from them up to date (ep 24) except for that one episode.

bah. anyway, i'd just like to chime in that i do love this series, its one of my favourites up there with naruto and FMA!

GO MAKI!

Last edited by Danger; 2004-05-07 at 08:47.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 07:11   Link #146
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger
oh god, is it just me or can anyone else dl episode 22 from HQA N! and Aone?

gad thats pissing me off so bad, i have the entire series from them up to date (ep 24) except for that one episode.

bah. anyway, i'd just like to chime in that i do love this series, its one of my favourites up there with naruto and FMA!

GO MAKI!
There are seeders, so it's possible to download...might take a while though. You could always go to the IRC channel of one of those groups and get it there.

I thought episode 24 was pretty good, even though they spent 10 minutes talking about meat. I'm looking forward to seeing Sakamoto Julietta fight next episode.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 21:52   Link #147
Kiro
chocolate overdose

ok, i watched the first three episodes of this series now. mixed feelings VERY mixed.

the opening rocks (music and animation, allthough i am a little scared, that they showed the best parts of those fights) and the fighting scenes, i saw so far were impressing. those fighting scenes and the intro (which promises a lot of stylish fighting stuff) make me really want to watch this anime

now comes the rant, but allthough it is way longer than the few lines, where i wrote what i like about this series, it's about 50/50%. (one half saying: watch this! the other one begging me to stop hurting my brain.)

the character design sucks bad imho. the only interesting character is our red-haired main character. but that titty monster and that little brat: *sigh* über-annoying. just why do they have to torture the viewer with such crap? the other two characters are nothing special, at least they don't annoy too much. but most of the girls are so incredibly crappy drawn, that the only character besides airmaster that doesn't make me want to close my eyes, while watching this anime until some fight scenes start, is that orange-girl. (she doesn't have those terrible old-school eyes like the other three girls.) it's not that i dislike some fanservice, BUT nobody in this series looks hot enough to be "fan service material" and i don't want to get drowned in fanservice of ugly girls. (airmaster does have her moments though. but those are not the ones with pantyshots.)

not only do i dislike 70% of the characters in this show, i also think that they're acting way to out of place. especially some of the dialogues are really creepy. that wrestler: "i carry old women home on my back, even if i come late to my job. and now i will kill you. that's the way i am. don't hate me for being the way i am." WTF? and the jokes/situations they put those characters in are so NOT funny. (that lesbian theme for example. just not funny. that tittymonster has a crush on airmaster. and?)

the story however could get interesting as i see it. why did she stop acrobatics and what led her to streetfighting.

[/rant]

but as i said before, those fights were really nice and the story COULD get interesting. i just want to ask: is it worth the pain? will there be even more of those uber crappyness to endure? when does the main story arc start? or did it allready start, or is there even one?

is there a significant jump, where the series goes off and just kicks ass? how many eps should i watch before i decide to watch this or not?

thx in advance.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 21:57   Link #148
zepher

hehehe, i knew what you were gonna say before i even read it
everyone says that about Air Master, but the show totally ROCKS!
you should watch at least till ep 9, that's when it starts to really cook imo

As for the character designs, i really like them, except for Mina, damn cow bitch >_>
zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 22:01   Link #149
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i did download the first 14 episodes in a bundle so i gues si'll give it a try. episode 9 you say? ok, i'll sue you if i wasted my time!
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 18:19   Link #150
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
Wow. Airmaster has like NO story.

Even the great hand-to-hand combat scences can't make up for its crappy story. And those two girls Not the Big breasted and the little one. But the other two. You can take them out of the anime completely and the anime will look the same.
K9Platnum685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 18:34   Link #151
Mad_Baka

Send a message via AIM to Mad_Baka
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Platnum685
Even the great hand-to-hand combat scences can't make up for its crappy story. And those two girls Not the Big breasted and the little one. But the other two. You can take them out of the anime completely and the anime will look the same.
its a Fighting Anime what did you expect? a good storyline like Fma hmm? STFU :fingers:

by the way Air Master was Awesome and i would totally watch it again ^_^

Last edited by Mad_Baka; 2004-06-03 at 19:00. Reason: Thread merged.
Mad_Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 18:37   Link #152
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Baka
its a Fighting Anime what did you expect? a good storyline like Fma hmm? STFU :fingers:

Isn't that anime supposed to promote Lesbianism?
Old 2004-06-03, 18:44   Link #153
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Baka

Isn't that anime supposed to promote Lesbianism?
Indeed. You've seen straight through to the underlying secret agenda of this anime with your incredible perspicacity. It is indeed intended to promote lesbianism. I must admit that you never fail to amaze me.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-03, 18:52   Link #154
Mad_Baka

Send a message via AIM to Mad_Baka
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Indeed. You've seen straight through to the underlying secret agenda of this anime with your incredible perspicacity. It is indeed intended to promote lesbianism. I must admit that you never fail to amaze me.
K9Platnum685 in case you didn't know that was sarcasm
Mad_Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 22:08   Link #155
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Things that make airmaster so good

great fighting, absolutely no story, maki chan, sakamoto julieta and renge. Don't like it? why don't you try some green green instead
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 01:38   Link #156
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx

great fighting, absolutely no story, maki chan, sakamoto julieta and renge. Don't like it? why don't you try some green green instead
Isn't Green Green supposed to promote Lesbianism?

Old 2004-06-04, 07:49   Link #157
zepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx

Are you saying Green Green does have a proper storyline?
Or "drama" ?
I would have said...watch "Planetes" instead, or "St Luminus High" if you want to keep it in highschool, and based on a game...
Old 2004-06-04, 16:58   Link #158
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

sar.....casm?

Sorry this does not compute.
Old 2004-06-13, 03:51   Link #159
updatedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepher
hehehe, i knew what you were gonna say before i even read it
everyone says that about Air Master, but the show totally ROCKS!
you should watch at least till ep 9, that's when it starts to really cook imo

As for the character designs, i really like them, except for Mina, damn cow bitch >_>
I agree, although I feel the show already started hitting its stride from ep 4 onwards, and just got better and better from there on. One of the coolest things about the fights in this fighting series is that they actually, you know, fight.

Airmaster's one of my fav series right now, if not ever. Renge and Mina definately take some getting used/resistence to, but once you do... heck, even Maki doesn't look that bad. I think she's actually quite glamourous/supermodel-esque. Although I admit, episode 1 was just a big pile of ugly (but with a good fight scene to bait you in).

I was going to drop the series from my to watch list, but then I got the 14 ep pack, and boy, was I ever glad that I did.

Everyone seems to say the same things though. Even when they started liking Sakiyama Kaori (I started to like her in ep 9, but the Kai arc cemented it. I'm a Sakiyama Kaori convert now).

Luchamaster's actually my fav character, there's a little something for everyone, from Kinjiro to Yuki, but I like Lucha's 'old school' feel and fighting style.

As for the story, I actually like that it's a day to day thing and that, insofar as I'm aware, Maki isn't an angst filled (for no particular reason) genetic experiment by a mega corp trying to resurrect an ancient dark god to bring about the apocalypse and that reality is actually just an illusion.

Oh, I'd also put episode 15 (High Rangers), on par with the Get Backers Hospital ep, it rocked that much.

Spoiler:

Last edited by updatedude; 2004-06-14 at 06:53.
updatedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 10:46   Link #160
zepher

well, from ep 4 and on it did start to get good...but it REALLY fired up at ep 9 with the Black Suit/Kinjiro arc imo

Oh, and i just saw ep 26 of HQA-AonE-N! and... (spoiler for ep 26 and 27)

Spoiler:

well, i just had this ep 14-26 marathon here, this show is still good fun, an the better subs of HQA-AonE-N! made certain things alot more clear, plus watching it a second time lets you see more detail, and notice things you didnt notice first
I also LOVE the stupid dialogue they have from time to time....like the yakiniku stuff

Still one of my favorite shows.