AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-01-18, 10:07   Link #2901
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
I like romance of course, and one sided affections towards Ayanokouji are alright and all, but I hope he doesn't reciprocate. Why does everyone assume romance is the only way for character development? Rather than romance, Id prefer for Ayanokouji to forge a friendship with Koenji, Hirata, or even Ryuuen lol.
No, we don't & not everyone assume that way. Don't jump into conclusion like this. It was just that your way of thought has left an impression that you're nihilistic of the idea of having a romance into stories such as this, even though it's obviously not the main focus of the story. It's like you'd see it as a cancer of the story should the guy began to engage a relationship with any girls. Still, what could go wrong with that?

Yet at the same time, being all grim dark & edgy all the time doesn't always make a great story either, if the author failed to add a little more layer of personality to drive the story around as well as improving the audience's perception on a character in an interesting way. It's boring for not doing anything about it at all. A protagonist are suppose to have his/her own perspective center of the story & will have a decent amount of character developments along the way. It's a human nature to change their perception on life as time goes by.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 10:22   Link #2902
Cinnamon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tomodachi Land
Falling in love is a normal part of being a teenager so it doesn't surprise me. I'll say it's expected that he wants to experience a relationship since him entering the school in the first place was to seek out the "world" he was forbidden to see by his father. Puberty is the time where feelings for the other sex starts to go haywire so romance and such is a part of the development, not all of course. I bet we will get more development with other malestudents though we already have quite a bit already if you know what I mean. The anime sure has made an impact to how people now perceive him as this dark, cool, edgelord though...
__________________
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 11:05   Link #2903
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Falling in love is a normal part of being a teenager so it doesn't surprise me. I'll say it's expected that he wants to experience a relationship since him entering the school in the first place was to seek out the "world" he was forbidden to see by his father. Puberty is the time where feelings for the other sex starts to go haywire so romance and such is a part of the development, not all of course. I bet we will get more development with other malestudents though we already have quite a bit already if you know what I mean. The anime sure has made an impact to how people now perceive him as this dark, cool, edgelord though...
It's like someone said here once.

Ayano in:

manga - shows emotions inside and out.
book - emotions inside, robot out.
anime - robot inside and out.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 13:22   Link #2904
sasabit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
No, we don't & not everyone assume that way. Don't jump into conclusion like this. It was just that your way of thought has left an impression that you're nihilistic of the idea of having a romance into stories such as this, even though it's obviously not the main focus of the story. It's like you'd see it as a cancer of the story should the guy began to engage a relationship with any girls. Still, what could go wrong with that?

Yet at the same time, being all grim dark & edgy all the time doesn't always make a great story either, if the author failed to add a little more layer of personality to drive the story around as well as improving the audience's perception on a character in an interesting way. It's boring for not doing anything about it at all. A protagonist are suppose to have his/her own perspective center of the story & will have a decent amount of character developments along the way. It's a human nature to change their perception on life as time goes by.
You dont have to take "everyone" so literally lmao its just an expression people use.
and where did you get grim, dark, and edgy from? if its from the "emotionless machine thing" then ill admit that was a bit of an overstatement from my part. theres nothing wrong with romance being a part of Ayanokoujis character development at all, i never said it was unnatural, just my personal preference it stays a tiny priority in his life, as you said its obviously not the main focus of the story.
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 19:20   Link #2905
Liuen
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason25th View Post

Spoiler for Volume 7.5:
I swear, the first time I read this my thoughts automatically reacted to Satou-san before I remember that this is not desumachi.

And after that someone mentioned Nagumo and I went straight to arifureta. We only need one OP MC per story! Stop it with the misleading names!

On the chapters' topic, the "Each Individual's Way of Spending" chapter will probably include some shenanigans of Hasebe going out with Sakura to help her buy Aya a present, in the scene of the illustration. And then the first teasing the later to kingdom come with theories about what may happen in the date would be hilarious
Liuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 02:42   Link #2906
Signa
Degenerate
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
I just wanna see how things end up for this volume since I'm pretty sure we've all seen the illustration of Hasebe and Sakura. I'm really curious as to what they will be doing the rest of this volume. So far I'm expecting another low-key yandere moment with Sakura and I'm really looking forward to it.
Signa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 09:50   Link #2907
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I wonder if there are more members of Kiyotaka's family.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 18:19   Link #2908
A7am
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sleepy cavern
I read all the posts in this thread and wonder why noone is mainly focused on the protagonist rather than his will-to-be romance or main heroine blah blah, like I really want to know about a more detailed kiyo's childhood (family members, training regimen, traumas..etc) or anything in particular that may help us understand the real depth of his personality, redeemable maybe ???
A7am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 20:31   Link #2909
UberChelo
натчовек
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7am View Post
I read all the posts in this thread and wonder why noone is mainly focused on the protagonist rather than his will-to-be romance or main heroine blah blah, like I really want to know about a more detailed kiyo's childhood (family members, training regimen, traumas..etc) or anything in particular that may help us understand the real depth of his personality, redeemable maybe ???
The only family member mentioned in the LN has been his dad. If he has more family members is still unknown.

Also, his past is not fully revealed yet, the only thing that it has been shown is he was educated in the White Room, a place where anything considered as ''unnecessary'' by his dad was thrown away (social relationships for example). You can always read Kiyotaka's meeting with his father to understand a little bit more about his past.
UberChelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 21:24   Link #2910
Sakamaki Izayoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7am View Post
I read all the posts in this thread and wonder why noone is mainly focused on the protagonist rather than his will-to-be romance or main heroine blah blah, like I really want to know about a more detailed kiyo's childhood (family members, training regimen, traumas..etc) or anything in particular that may help us understand the real depth of his personality, redeemable maybe ???
As Uberchelo mentioned, Ayanokoji's past was not touched that much, which is understandable since by what Kinugasa(the writer) said, Youkoso will be a long light novel series, he probably wants to give glimpses of Ayanokoji's past thorughout the volumes and then reveal the full picture later.
__________________
https://scontent.fgru5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17807584_303284773447303_2698512158293309979_o.jpg  ?oh=3f180f88eb4e5b007d1076b1e919e1bc&oe=5ACA388F
Sakamaki Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 23:12   Link #2911
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
a doubt about volume 3. after horikita loses to ibuki, in the anime Ayano while talking with her, presses his fingers on her neck and puts her to sleep. Does this happen in the novel?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 00:45   Link #2912
Signa
Degenerate
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7am View Post
I read all the posts in this thread and wonder why noone is mainly focused on the protagonist rather than his will-to-be romance or main heroine blah blah, like I really want to know about a more detailed kiyo's childhood (family members, training regimen, traumas..etc) or anything in particular that may help us understand the real depth of his personality, redeemable maybe ???
I actually find it hard to come up with discussions concerning Kiyotaka because his past and background are so enigmatic and still unknown. It's easy to come up with a couple speculations but it sort of just feels half assed or it doesn't really lead to anything hype worthy in my honest opinion.

On the other hand, discussions about other characters are more prominent due to the fact that we know more about them than we do to Ayanokouji. Also don't forget about things like the characters SS which help open them up to us readers more and their interactions.
Signa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 00:52   Link #2913
A7am
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sleepy cavern
Well that means for the time being we should still wait for dem flashbacks if we ever got a 2nd season.
And thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signa View Post
I actually find it hard to come up with discussions concerning Kiyotaka because his past and background are so enigmatic and still unknown. It's easy to come up with a couple speculations but it sort of just feels half assed or it doesn't really lead to anything hype worthy in my honest opinion.

On the other hand, discussions about other characters are more prominent due to the fact that we know more about them than we do to Ayanokouji. Also don't forget about things like the characters SS which help open them up to us readers more and their interactions.
I am pretty aware of the fact that the other characters are more open for discussion due to their given SS, yet i am also more attracted to the most interesting character ; the protagonist, i mean undoubtly IRL if you ever saw someone so reserved yet so terrifyingly capable of anything is just breath taking no matter his age.

Last edited by LKK; 2018-01-21 at 10:00. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row; use Edit button instead.
A7am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 09:28   Link #2914
Cinnamon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tomodachi Land
When even Ayanokouji has problems talking about his past due to him comparing it like a blank slate, we can guess that either their personalities haven't been allowed to be acted upon, or that in his view, nothing that happened there was worth talking about.

He even says he started "living" when he entered the school so if there is a place we can start seeing his "character" it's at the school and not in his past where he most likely was like a robot, just following orders. From what we know, he is a good judge of character (able to see his classmates' strengths and weaknesses), has a curiosity for the unknown (what happens when etc etc), he is starting to value friendship (as seen in his group) etc. He has a somewhat low self-esteem, maybe because he values the abilities he doesn't have higher like social abilities and the ability to get a girlfriend? He seems to want those things, but feels he can't since he is aware of his lack of required skills.

If there is something he got when entering the school, it's self-preservation. He seems to be able to do anything to maintain status quo, staying at school. The island exam, Karuizawa case was all just an extension to his wish to stay there. In that case, he shares this trait with Karuizawa and Kushida who all seems to just wanting to protect themselves no matter methods.
__________________
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 09:41   Link #2915
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Spoilers should be out today, right?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 09:44   Link #2916
Cinnamon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tomodachi Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Spoilers should be out today, right?
There are some stores which sell early copies tomorrow according to 5ch.
__________________
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 12:56   Link #2917
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
How people in the school knows that Kiyotaka isn't what he appears to be?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 20:25   Link #2918
maton456full
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Argentina
Some spoilers are out , but there are too strong for read that i Will not post it , and i dont know if there are real .
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 20:54   Link #2919
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by maton456full View Post
Some spoilers are out , but there are too strong for read that i Will not post it , and i dont know if there are real .
How is it so far? You could place it under spoiler tag in here, or PM me about the details.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 20:54   Link #2920
Yahyas
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Well to resume the spoiler
-horikita accepte dating with sudo
-Ichinose have some physical relationship with nagumo (You know what I mean)
These spoilers are 99,99% false

Last edited by Yahyas; 2018-01-22 at 21:07.
Yahyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, drama, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.