AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-22, 06:26   Link #81
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Either that, or the two will truly fuse.
I would prefer that. Ringo doesn't have any reason to die really. She may have inherit her sister diary but it was taken away from her. She should be on the safe end now, compare to say Yuri or Natsume who both want the diary to change fate and possibly put their lives on the line for that. Same goes for Kanba, even without the diary, he is already putting his life in jeopardy for his sister.
Also, what would she want to change? She gave up on putting back her parents together, she isn't obsess with Momoka either... Could be saving Shou then, but so far he isn't even in danger. But if he someday is, then maybe...
Old 2011-10-22, 06:38   Link #82
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hmm..if Ringo is Momoka's reincarnation.... and at some point in the future, for whatever reason, she would want to revive her dead sister using the diary power. Would it be like Perfect Cherry Blossom again?
Old 2011-10-22, 07:09   Link #83
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Also, what would she want to change? She gave up on putting back her parents together, she isn't obsess with Momoka either... Could be saving Shou then, but so far he isn't even in danger. But if he someday is, then maybe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
and will use it to change the events about the subway gas attack in 1995, maybe not all, but only the part where momoka died or remove the relation with shouma's parents :/
maybe she'll try to remove the cause of shouma feeling guilty?
but that would be a bad way to use it i think, if only for shouma, since that guilt alone is something which can be resolved with no reality change
but instead having the takakura's family not getting separed? :/ it would be similar to the previous :/
Old 2011-10-23, 13:55   Link #84
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
After watching Episode 15, I can't shake this feeling that Ringo will end up sacrificing herself to revive Momoka. Either that, or the two will truly fuse.
Given the original OP showed ringo burning similar to what was shown happened to Momoka in episode 15... I think sacrifice seems like a fair chance of being her fate.
MAL
Old 2011-10-23, 13:58   Link #85
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Given the original OP showed ringo burning similar to what was shown happened to Momoka in episode 15... I think sacrifice seems like a fair chance of being her fate.

But Ringo is no longer completely engulfed by the flames in the 2nd opening.
Old 2011-10-23, 13:59   Link #86
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I think that it's very likely that Ringo is going to find out what the diary can really do, and then will use it to help out her friends and loved ones just like her sister Momoka did.
Old 2011-10-27, 08:30   Link #87
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But Ringo is no longer completely engulfed by the flames in the 2nd opening.
Indeed.
In the first half of the serie, Ringo was pursuing her sister's shadow, following everything written in the diary and she was shown disappearing into flames running after the diary in the opening. Parallel can easily be drawn here : trying to replace Momoka = bad end for Ringo.

Now that she gave up on becoming Momoka, she is no longer completely engulfed by the fire in the opening sequence. Though she is still connected to Momoka via the diary and fire is still burning at her foot.

What I wonder is why is Ringo the only character in the opening presented with such a link to the diary. She doesn't even have it anymore. Is there a special bound between her and this artifact other than the fact her sister was the initial holder?

Theory time:
What if Ringo was now the only one who could use the diary?
At this point, I see no reason for her to use it and the fact she is passive in the new opening sequence makes me think she wouldn't want to use it anyway but she might be forced to at some point by someone.
The first I would suspect in this case : Masako or Kanba. Or both, since they will probably work together at some point.

How ironic would that be if Kanba was to start chasing after Ringo to force her to change the past, knowing it would probably require her sacrifice? He would be doing so to "save" his family, but there is no doubt Shouma would oppose him (being in love with Ringo) and Himari herself doesn't appear so far (but there could be some surprise here) to be the kind to let a friend die for her sake. Sweet sweet angst and despair~

No matter how things unfold, I bet Ringo will have some serious harsh times before the end of that story. Maybe Shouma was right, maybe it was safer staying away for the Takakuras...
Old 2011-10-30, 00:41   Link #88
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

Ringo is your typical result of divorce parents. Most who are like her want to get their parents back together no matter what it takes.
I feel bad because like most kids can face the reality that their parents might never get back together.
At first I though she was crazy but now I think shes going to become more nice and sweet like Himori expect to...
Old 2011-12-28, 23:45   Link #89
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The series finally finished and i can safely say Oginome Ringo is the most Badass ordinary high-school girl i've ever seen xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread

Tags
characters