AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-08-01, 18:38   Link #861
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
They didn't have a movie this year unlike the past 9 years. So I thought that might of lessened the work load and allowed them to do more in-studio production.

But cost wise, it makes perfect sense to outsource the work.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 19:12   Link #862
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
They didn't have a movie this year unlike the past 9 years. So I thought that might of lessened the work load and allowed them to do more in-studio production.
That was the case, actually. Though even I expected a little more quality in these months. Maybe the fact that they basically animated two movies the last year (the actual movie, Road to Ninja, and the Chikara arc, which looked much better than the actual movie) had an hit on their resources.
But still, regardless of how much in-house staff they have at hand, they can never get rid of the ugly outsourced episodes. You have to accept the fact that some episodes are gonna look disappointing.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 17:32   Link #863
itachi-san314

what would be cool is if the studio did in-house segments of each episode to ensure QC. like for this episode, they should have specially animated the middle (5 kage entrance) and ending (tobi headbutt). those 2 parts were extremely exciting in the manga and failed to be conveyed properly in this episode. it would only amount to about 30 secs - 1 minute of special animation. that should be doable and well worth while since they are climactic scenes
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 19:01   Link #864
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Question:

So I'm returning to Naruto after a bit- currently on episode 301, and the last few have been booorrriinggg despite containing a number of fights. The problem, of course, is these resurrected guys that really just want the good guys to kill them. That doesn't make for good drama. And, clearly the animation dollars aren't going to these episodes either.

So my question is: which episodes should I DEFINITELY watch for main plot arc or animation reasons? the rest I'll just read the manga or read a synopsis or something. This arc is making me question Kishimoto's writing ability...
Old 2013-08-02, 19:09   Link #865
neshru

Since you are already on 301, watch 302 which is the last episode before a long streak of filler episodes. After that, resume from 321. That's when things finally start to get interesting.
Yeah, I agree you could have skipped the entire first part of the war without regretting it. But things finally start to pick up with episode 321.
Old 2013-08-02, 20:02   Link #866
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Since you are already on 301, watch 302 which is the last episode before a long streak of filler episodes. After that, resume from 321. That's when things finally start to get interesting.
Yeah, I agree you could have skipped the entire first part of the war without regretting it. But things finally start to pick up with episode 321.
Thanks...much better.
Old 2013-08-08, 07:21   Link #867
Tchadnis

This new episode was a bit fillering .. giving some explication about the jinchuriki , judging by this episode , i believe every fight are going to be like hat ..
Old 2013-08-08, 10:22   Link #868
Sbetsho

It's good to finally see the fight between utakata and pain and it wasn't bad at all.
Sbetsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 14:03   Link #869
Ushio the Omega

WHY!

Only 3 epsiodes and back to fucking filler WHY!!

And to flashbacks to a filler arc "hint" to naruto anime team IGNORE what happens in filler when animating canon just like every other anime rather than integrating it as no one cares.

Okay i've calmed down.

Only good bit was the yondaime mizukage's water mirror jutsu that looked cool.

Roshi's lava boulders were much better in the manga and everything else was meh.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 14:20   Link #870
neshru

We're not back to filler. The canon storyline continues normally in the upcoming episodes.
Even the storyline for today's episode was canon, they just added the scene between Naruto and the six-tails because of that filler arc where the two met.
Old 2013-08-08, 14:43   Link #871
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
We're not back to filler. The canon storyline continues normally in the upcoming episodes.
Even the storyline for today's episode was canon, they just added the scene between Naruto and the six-tails because of that filler arc where the two met.
SCENE! 12 minutes of a 23 minute anime (including opening, ending and next episode preview) is not a "scene".
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 14:58   Link #872
neshru

Well, you get my point. This episode with Naruto and the six-tails was a one-time thing due to that filler arc with the both of them.
Old 2013-08-08, 16:11   Link #873
ookamigirl

The flashback was nice, but badly placed.
Yet again, too much talking and not enough fighting.
Did they cut the budget so they're skipping the flashy battles??
This is just absurd. This anime is digging a hole under itself and it's already falling in.
I feel like I've wasted my time watching the new episode.
Nothing much was going on anyway..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 23:57   Link #874
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The flashback was nice, but badly placed.
exactly. i think the fight was pretty cool actually. but the editing and timing of the filler was really bad.

what would have been a million times cooler would have been to see each edo-jinchuuriki's whole fight when akatuski caught them. then we'd get to see hidan, kakuzu, deidara, kisame, konan and possibly other members fight again as well. they're passing up on what would be the coolest filler possible. of course it's harder to animate so i'm sure they'd rather draw a bunch of boring talking heads like most filler is
Old 2013-08-15, 11:29   Link #875
Tchadnis

this time not too bad, five min flashback for samehada ? lol even the sword get his moment ..
Old 2013-08-15, 12:12   Link #876
Jerseykid

Suddenly Naruto turns into uber wuss again, it irritates me to no end.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 13:36   Link #877
UnklPetri

lol naruto called gai sensei, "bushier brow sensei"
UnklPetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 14:08   Link #878
ookamigirl

It's always nice to see Naruto fight.
This episode had it's fair share of fight.
Nevertheless I'm continuously disappointed by the lack of advance with the main plot.
They always seem to run around in circles of fillers and flashbacks.
Well, at least Bee made things more lively.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 14:28   Link #879
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
this time not too bad, five min flashback for samehada ? lol even the sword get his moment ..
lol seriously... after the flashback i laughed about that one it was also a pisspoor fight. i dont know why they even bothered. the rokubi vs pain fight was awesome, but this one was lame.

also, why do the translators insist on calling gai the noble 'green' beast? he clearly says 'blue' beast every time and they just ignore him
Old 2013-08-15, 18:07   Link #880
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
lol seriously... after the flashback i laughed about that one it was also a pisspoor fight. i dont know why they even bothered. the rokubi vs pain fight was awesome, but this one was lame.

also, why do the translators insist on calling gai the noble 'green' beast? he clearly says 'blue' beast every time and they just ignore him
lol might come because of his green outfit lool , but i know what you mean , his "aura" is blue yet they are totally avoiding this fact

Tags
weekly episode discussion