Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-16, 13:39   Link #1
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Harem where the guy isnt a whimp

Looking for a harem where the guy doesnt nosebleed and faint when hes close to a girl. More or less a guy who would do what all of us real guys would do in thoes situations
Old 2007-04-16, 14:02   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Shuffle!
Da Capo

Canvas 2
Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

^The above 3 are love triangles instead of a harem. Shuffle is the only true "harem" among these. Da Capo is the second closest, though this is also a love triangle rather than harem - although there are many girls who like the guy, it is clear from the start that only 2 of them has a shot at the guy's heart. The last three are triangles instead of harems.
Old 2007-04-16, 14:45   Link #3
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Ive seen both Shuffle! and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien so I guess what I`m leaning on is something like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
Old 2007-04-16, 15:41   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Then all the other suggestions work as well Start with Canvas and Gift, finish with Da Capo
Old 2007-04-16, 19:46   Link #5
alvinlee123

Try Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome and maybe Kage Kara Mamoru!
Old 2007-04-16, 19:58   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Then all the other suggestions work as well Start with Canvas and Gift, finish with Da Capo

How the hell is any of those three like KGNE Gift comes the closet and it is more like Shuffle then KGNE.

Ironfox: Are you looking for a Harem Series with a Male lead that isn't a loser or are looking for a anime that happen to have a Harem and the lead is not a loser?
Old 2007-04-16, 20:04   Link #7
jedinat

How is the guy in KGNE not a wimp...?

Ranma 1/2
Kanon (2006)
Old 2007-04-16, 23:28   Link #8
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Ironfox: Are you looking for a Harem Series with a Male lead that isn't a loser or are looking for a anime that happen to have a Harem and the lead is not a loser?
Either one is just fine with me. Im just getting tired of the harem/comedies ive been seeing lately and the guy ends up having a wide open shot at any of the girls, and then passes out due to "over excitement". I want to find one that he gets the job done or at leasts gets somewhere.
Old 2007-04-16, 23:36   Link #9
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFox View Post
Im just getting tired of the harem/comedies ive been seeing lately and the guy ends up having a wide open shot at any of the girls, and then passes out due to "over excitement". I want to find one that he gets the job done or at leasts gets somewhere.
Does that happen in harems? You may be looking in the wrong genre. You could try Great Teacher Onizuka, though it's not exactly a harem, and
Spoiler:

Last edited by Saber Cherry; 2007-04-17 at 07:15. Reason: spelling
Old 2007-04-17, 02:30   Link #10
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
How the hell is any of those three like KGNE Gift comes the closet and it is more like Shuffle then KGNE.
In terms of it being a love triangle, not a harem. (Minus Da Capo to a degree). How else did you think ? Also, don't pit Gift together with the relative crappiness that is Shuffle!.
Old 2007-04-17, 05:56   Link #11
Mischala

Send a message via MSN to Mischala
Very happy to see you still halping the Harem crazed Skyfall ^_^
Old 2007-04-17, 07:53   Link #12
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Quote:
In terms of it being a love triangle, not a harem. (Minus Da Capo to a degree). How else did you think ? Also, don't pit Gift together with the relative crappiness that is Shuffle!.
Hey now I liked Shuffle!, not for the harem stuff but for the freak you out last half of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Does that happen in harems? You may be looking in the wrong genre. You could try Great Teacher Onizuka, though it's not exactly a harem
Watching GTO now. I wouldnt know if that happends in harems, i havent seen one yet.
Old 2007-04-17, 10:18   Link #13
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Air, but i don't really like it.
Old 2007-04-17, 11:10   Link #14
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ loved it. Too bad it isn't harem or even romance for that matter ... Air the Movie has actual romance though.
Old 2007-04-18, 07:18   Link #15
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Futakoi Alternative

Not really harem but love triangle again... Can't find alot of pure harem these days...
Old 2007-04-18, 14:57   Link #16
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

I`m watching Air now. Ive only seen the first 2 eps so far and I LOVE the visual quality! Awesome opening song too. It seems to be an anime that nothing really happens .... but for some reason I keep thinking that somethings gonna happen.

And Magikano too, seems ok, i get a kick out of the clucking when Haro`s friend talks.

Last edited by IronFox; 2007-04-18 at 15:48. Reason: Because sandwitches are good!
Old 2007-04-19, 01:01   Link #17
Shiuch

Mmh, not actually good for this threath, but didn't want to make a new one.

So, is it necessary to watch Futakoi before Futakoi Alternative?

Usually I would myself think yes.. but no one have suggested Futakoi, always suggesting Futakoi Alternative. So, what's the case?
Old 2007-04-19, 02:22   Link #18
Kaasman
Forged by pure anime love

Send a message via MSN to Kaasman
in futakoi the guy is a nerdy guy but i didnt complete watching futakoi alter i loved futakoi itself but the other one was just too weird
Old 2007-04-19, 05:10   Link #19
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Futakoi isn't connected to Futakoi alt in any way imaginable. (minus some of the character designs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFox
I`m watching Air now. Ive only seen the first 2 eps so far and I LOVE the visual quality! Awesome opening song too. It seems to be an anime that nothing really happens .... but for some reason I keep thinking that somethings gonna happen.
If you like the artwork, then check out the other KyoAni's recent hit - Kanon. If you like Air, i can guarantee you will like this.
Old 2007-04-19, 06:33   Link #20
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:

If you like the artwork, then check out the other KyoAni's recent hit - Kanon. If you like Air, i can guarantee you will like this.
Actually you can't guarantee that I liked Air, but Kanon... meh... Unless you watch it for the designs alone