cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Just read this chapter I must say it reminds me why Croc is such a bad ass
You had to be reminded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, the possibility of seastone weapons is something that's been speculated for a long time, that's for certain..... but those particular bullets the jailors used doesn't seem to be any good against Logias, seeing as they went right through Crocodile. Maybe they were counting on the chance that he was still wearing those cuffs, perhap
Didn't they say immediately after shooting Crocodile, "let's use the gaol bullets," or something to that effect? Meaning they hadn't been using it up until that point?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-05-06, 20:34   Link #102
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Dammit, Crocodile is really, really hot. I mean, he was hot back in Arabasta, but that was a long time ago, and Oda's drawing skills have improved by billions, so his current Crocodile has just smashed through my fangirl meter, leaving me pitifully nosebleeding in a corner. ♥
Old 2009-05-06, 21:14   Link #103
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Didn't they say immediately after shooting Crocodile, "let's use the gaol bullets," or something to that effect? Meaning they hadn't been using it up until that point?
The guards state to equip their "prison rounds" on page two before encountering "Team save me."

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-06 at 22:11.
Old 2009-05-06, 21:53   Link #104
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
Dammit, Crocodile is really, really hot. I mean, he was hot back in Arabasta, but that was a long time ago, and Oda's drawing skills have improved by billions, so his current Crocodile has just smashed through my fangirl meter, leaving me pitifully nosebleeding in a corner. ♥
Well, you certainly live up to your avatar image. With the exception that you are fawning over a guy.
Old 2009-05-06, 22:06   Link #105
mr.muscles

Location: west coast is where i live and it can't be beat no matter what.
What they say is to equipt them, and the men rushing lvl 6 on page two already did, but on lvl 4 they haven't done so yet and after the initial round of fire they realize they needed the goal bullets instead.

^_^
Old 2009-05-07, 00:10   Link #106
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
It is cool seeing Croc smacking around Impel Down guards like mere rag dolls I love seeing him in action! Jinbei was quite cool too, for some reason his Fishman Karate style some what reminded me of Neji Hyuga from the "Naruto series", and he is just was intimidating and fierce as I had suspected he would be. Also on the intro page (just before page 01) was that supposed to be Vivi and uh...Mr/Ms. 8 (Forgot his name)?
Jinbei reminds me of the Karate Merman from the arlong arc, just much stronger obviously.

Did Luffy have a new move in this chapter? I don't remember it.
Old 2009-05-07, 01:23   Link #107
james0246

^No, it was just his regular Gattling Gun/Storm move, only directed downward (hence the name Ame ~ Rain).
Old 2009-05-07, 08:38   Link #108
marvelB

I think that for all intents and purposes, we ought to consider Rain to be a new technique, anyway. But I can definitely say for certain that it's not Storm, since Luffy didn't inflate himself for the attack (he merely jumped up and "rained" down his punches, heh).

Anyway, as far as those prison bullets go, whether they were used on Crocodile or not, he could still easily dodge them anyway by opening up holes in his body. The way I see it, they'll need some bigger, better weapons if they want to deal with THESE particular prisoners......
Old 2009-05-07, 13:06   Link #109
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Also on the intro page (just before page 01) was that supposed to be Vivi and uh...Mr/Ms. 8 (Forgot his name)?
No, it was the wife of Igaram (can't bother to remember EVERYONE's names...), but it was nice seeing them after so many chapters. This one was quite enlightening, can't wait to see mr.1 back in action, Crocodile is pretty strong and with a team like that they really seem invincible~
Old 2009-05-07, 15:50   Link #110
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
No, it was the wife of Igaram (can't bother to remember EVERYONE's names...), but it was nice seeing them after so many chapters. This one was quite enlightening, can't wait to see mr.1 back in action, Crocodile is pretty strong and with a team like that they really seem invincible~
It seems we have a new mini arc unless I've mistaken. I've been thinking, for every mini arc that opens with allies such as Vivi, Kokoro and Chimmeny, and the Shandorians, that particular mini arc usually focuses on former or disbanded villains such as Gedatzu, Miss Goldenweek, Wapol, Eneru, and CP9 (minus Spandam who has too much ambition). I wonder if there is a former villain involved after seeing Vivi again?
Old 2009-05-07, 16:45   Link #111
marvelB

^The next ministory hasn't begun, yet. Oda's done random cover pages with Vivi in the past, as well (in fact, there was one of her before the CP9 story began). The new ministory should begin next chapter, though (probably starting with the whole "where are they now?" segment). I'm still crossing my fingers for Foxy......
Old 2009-05-07, 16:57   Link #112
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Anyway, as far as those prison bullets go, whether they were used on Crocodile or not, he could still easily dodge them anyway by opening up holes in his body. The way I see it, they'll need some bigger, better weapons if they want to deal with THESE particular prisoners......
He might be able to dodge special bullets / seastone weapons like that, but I don't think it's quite as easy as the regular invulnerability. Normally, attacks pass through and as a result scatter the logia element and the body reforms afterwards. But if the ability is nullified somehow (by specific vulnerabilities or seastone) I think it would simply hit unless the logia user purposely reshapes the body before it connects. Otherwise, Crocodile and Enel could just have avoided Luffy's punches in the way you describe, but they didn't.
Old 2009-05-07, 21:35   Link #113
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Can't wait to see Shiryu in action cause we all know he's gonna be unleashed.

Just when you think Luffy's new gang of misfits seem unstoppable I can just imagine something awesome like Shiryu dropping in and dealing a haki K.O. blow to croc as a display of power.
Old 2009-05-07, 23:39   Link #114
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Can't wait to see Shiryu in action cause we all know he's gonna be unleashed. .
Will Shiryuu be unleashed...?
Old 2009-05-08, 01:27   Link #115
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^No, it was just his regular Gattling Gun/Storm move, only directed downward (hence the name Ame ~ Rain).
Yea I think I'ts not a regular Gatling Gun, since regular Gatling Gun used for more small and focused area, This gomu~gomu no ame was certainly effective to dealing with large number of enemy..just like the "firework"...

^Phenomenal
yeah for sure!! such a wasted if shirryu didn't show up in the next upcoming chapters, just hope he's not end up to be like the beast guardian...that former introduced as a bad ass character just to be turn out to be a funny one....
Old 2009-05-08, 02:12   Link #116
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Will Shiryuu be unleashed...?
There has been way too much foreshadowing for it not to happen. IMO.
Old 2009-05-08, 05:02   Link #117
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, but Hannibal has a lot of pride and ambition as the next chief, getting help from Shiryuu would be accepting defeat on his part. Maybe Magellan will release him after his wardens have failed to stop Luffy's team.
Quote:
^The next ministory hasn't begun, yet. Oda's done random cover pages with Vivi in the past, as well (in fact, there was one of her before the CP9 story began). The new ministory should begin next chapter, though (probably starting with the whole "where are they now?" segment). I'm still crossing my fingers for Foxy......
Would be interesting to see the older characters return, it's been like that since ep1 actually, and somehow everything connects <- this is what makes Oda rock
Old 2009-05-08, 20:02   Link #118
marvelB

So... anyone's seen these images for movie 10 yet?

Spoiler:

Wow, I'm really digging Usopp's outfit. The helmet makes me think that it may be a present from his new buddy Hercules, but I'm still highly doubtful of this movie being canon to the manga's storyline. Well, the film comes out on December 12th of this year, so we should find out whether that's the case or not by then.....
Old 2009-05-08, 20:47   Link #119
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
So... anyone's seen these images for movie 10 yet?

Spoiler:

Wow, I'm really digging Usopp's outfit. The helmet makes me think that it may be a present from his new buddy Hercules, but I'm still highly doubtful of this movie being canon to the manga's storyline. Well, the film comes out on December 12th of this year, so we should find out whether that's the case or not by then.....
WOW indeed, I love that look just like the colour insert before of the gang in the suits with Robin peeling away the paper but this is 100 times better
Old 2009-05-08, 21:15   Link #120
marvelB

There's one thing I find particularly unusual, though: Is it just me, or does Franky seem to be wearing..... pants?

............That tears it, then. No way in hell is this movie part of the manga continuity.

Oh, and another thing: Luffy's carrying some bigass gun with him. It's already been proven in the past that he's absolute crap when it comes to weapons (Nightmare Luffy doesn't count). NOT CANON.
Closed Thread