AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-23, 06:06   Link #1
AlaAlba

Sengoku Youko

description:
Quote:
"Stop your evil deeds and take the right path!" That is the creed of Youko Tama and her younger step brother, Jinka Sendou. The two demon siblings travel the country to stop the deeds of all evil doers, along with a scaredy-cat swordsman they picked up along the way, Hyoudou Shinsuke. During their travels, they will come across a monk organization with more than suspicious methods and they'll soon be at war.
from the Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer's creator, this manga is also fast paced and fun to read. I wonder why no thread of this manga in here, I would recomend this to LatBH's fans out there, since the manga was already over this would be a nice change of read.

milky translation does the scans and as of now already reached chapter 32.
Old 2011-01-30, 22:19   Link #2
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

part 1 has ended and part 2 is starting.

as expected of the mangaka of biscuit hammer, there is more to SY then meets the eye.
Old 2011-01-31, 17:09   Link #3
Xion Valkyrie

Don't really like it as much as Biscuit Hammer. I think the main character is just unlikeable for the most part, so I'm kind of glad we're switching to the demon kid in part 2.
Old 2011-01-31, 19:27   Link #4
Grey

I never would have predicted this. Sudden character focus switch?

I'm fine with that though. Senya and Shinsuke are fun too.
Old 2011-02-01, 10:26   Link #5
Sol Falling

Damn, Senya and Tsukiko are moe...they've got me hooked for part II already. Though how about that epic part 1 conclusion, huh? I seriously think this has the potential to surpass Biscuit Hammer; at least lengthwise it is already on pace given the 'part' structure, as I don't expect Senya to be the final protagonist. Can't wait for more.
Old 2011-08-20, 13:20   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

finally c37 is out
Old 2012-03-29, 08:28   Link #7
yuzen003

Someone finally picked this series up after Milky Translations died!

Senya is pretty powerful, but this chapter shows he really needs to learn how to control his strength (or pay attention to his surroundings).
Old 2012-03-29, 15:51   Link #8
Sol Falling

Saw the project announcement a little whiles back on Vexed's website, but this is indeed great news. I'm so glad to have this manga back, it's great to be once again reading some Mizukami.

Anyway, this chapter really got me, I could feel it all along that things were going too damn happily but yet I couldn't help further falling for the moe of Tsukiko. I've got no idea how bad things will get but I will admit that at the moment they feel catastrophic. Man, I don't even know what kind of outcome I should hope for but I am straight up hooked back into this series with this chapter.
Old 2012-05-03, 22:25   Link #9
Sol Falling

Damn, ch. 38 was kinda mindblowing with all the parallels back to Part I. That "I will become a human" moment. Wow.

Anyway, I'm starting to sound like a broken record by now but holy shit Tsukiko is moe. It's dangerous. Mizukami, ya bastard. lol, it's like he's made it so I can't stop reading the story.

Anyway, this chapter took what, over a month to release but hopefully we'll pick up pace and start to catch up. Really looking forward to more.
Old 2012-05-03, 23:00   Link #10
yuzen003

I find the idea of Shinsuke as a sensei kinda hillarious. He's kinda strong, but he's drunk all the time and would probably be a horrible role model.
Old 2012-05-04, 00:16   Link #11
XFire
150% done

I can't tell if I hate or love this author. He makes the best characters, then has life screw them over in absolutely horrible ways that belong in a horror story. And makes them even more likable afterword. wtf.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:10   Link #12
Sol Falling

Latest chapter was epic; Tsukiko was so badass. And, of course, the cliffhanger. This story's pacing is really moving quickly.

Anybody else discover that Mizukami-sensei has also started up another series? It's called Spirit Circle, I'll guess he'll be running it concurrently with Sengoku Youko like he did this series with Biscuit Hammer a while back. Ch. 1 has already been scanlated, and was also quite interesting, although a bit different in tone (to me, at least) from his other works so far.

It's kind of a shame this thread sees so little activity; Mizukami stuff in general I think deserves more attention. Maybe after a couple more chapters if Spirit Circle's scanlations stay regular we can start up another thread.
Old 2013-04-12, 21:58   Link #13
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~

Chapter 50

Man, Senya vs Mudo fight is awesomely drawn!!! Has being sometime since such epic battle has been depicted in this manga!

And my lovely Tsukiko, you're scary as hell !!!
Old 2013-05-22, 06:55   Link #14
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Just catch up with this. It did have a slow start for character development compares to Samidare, but it's awesome nonetheless with everything happened.

Getting stabbed from behind is just way too common, honestly. I knew it's coming, but it still hurts me.
Old 2013-05-22, 09:07   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Getting stabbed from behind is just way too common, honestly. I knew it's coming, but it still hurts me.
Probably because it's the only reasonable way to do a sneak attack. It doesn't make much sense to catch someone by surprise by attacking from the front after all.
Old 2013-05-22, 09:14   Link #16
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Oh, it's just a way of saying. I didn't mean negative anything about that, and I know why the author chose that method, so he could invoke that image in Shinsuke's mind once again.
Old 2013-05-22, 11:58   Link #17
XFire
150% done

Why does this author hate his characters so much?
Old 2013-06-09, 22:10   Link #18
Isekaijin

Timeskip time guys.

Jeez this manga doesn't get the love it deserves.
Old 2013-06-09, 22:47   Link #19
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I really like all the manga from this author, but for some reasons they are not popular despite being quite a good read. I wonder how it does in Japan.
Old 2013-06-10, 00:58   Link #20
Xion Valkyrie

Double timeskip?!
Closed Thread