AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-26, 09:29   Link #61
Craymel

this looks cool hopefully there's no horrible lip sync issues like there were with ALL the batman shorts...
Old 2009-07-26, 09:32   Link #62
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

When they did the Batman shorts did they animate the mouths for the Japanese language?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 09:36   Link #63
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
When they did the Batman shorts did they animate the mouths for the Japanese language?
I'm still trying to figure that out because I can't even find a copy with a japanese voice track.
Old 2009-07-26, 09:46   Link #64
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'll say Oshii is directing whichever short has a Basset Hound in it. Could be either honestly, lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 14:36   Link #65
Woland
Latin Rascal

Well Duel has an alien-only setting so I'd say Homecoming is the right choice for Oshii... if he want to put a basset hound in it
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:44   Link #66
Shadow Kira01

Originally, I thought the anime was in CG as that the poster seems that way but apparently, its actual anime. Not sure how it will turn out.. Perhaps, the Halo fans aren't too pleased with it as that many gamers who play Halo don't like anime, if I am not mistaken.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 01:48   Link #67
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Originally, I thought the anime was in CG as that the poster seems that way but apparently, its actual anime.
Halo Legends isn't just a single style of animation, it's a trail mix of different companies working with their own styles on the animation - Casio Entertainment's entry for instance is in pure 3D CGI.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 11:04   Link #68
mac_pack

Location: On top of Mount Slecka in the valley of Raccon Don O.
So Captain King is getting his own anime? Cool. Played the games, but never got a chance to read the novels.
mac_pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 21:16   Link #69
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hmmmm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...isode-director

Quote:
The production team for the animated Halo Legends anthology has clarified with ANN that Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell) is the creative director of Production I.G's two episodes in the project, but he will not personally direct either short. Production I.G is one of five Japanese studios that is animating the seven shorts in the project, which is inspired by Microsoft's Halo game franchise. Appleseed movie director Shinji Aramaki is directing an installment.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 12:52   Link #70
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

WOW I was just browsing through the forums and I see THIS, WTH?!!? ANTHOLOGY?!?! (avoided profanity)

Well, welcome to the Halo and Xbox fanboys market. I am curious to see how this turns (bombs) out, I've looked at some pictures going around and I see master chief punching a monster..... so much win (fail). I was literally lol when I saw this picture

IIRC, wasn't there a master chief in Dead or Alive 4, and wasn't master chief a female in there?
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 13:53   Link #71
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Halo Legends posters

Art style's looking nice there.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 15:04   Link #72
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Do we know what the plot/story will be yet? SO far it screams train wreck....
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 18:07   Link #73
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
IIRC, wasn't there a master chief in Dead or Alive 4, and wasn't master chief a female in there?
No, we had a female Spartan named Nicole or something like that; it wasn't the Master Chief we see in the games. That being said, she might be a Master Chief. Anyone remember what her rank was?
Old 2009-07-29, 18:54   Link #74
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

I can't seem to shake the lingering feeling that this will turn out the same way the Matrix shorts did - disappointing. The only part of the trailer that really caught my eye was the female red spartan, and that was only because there isn't much media dealing with the fairer gendered spartans. Nevertheless, as a Halo fanboy I really, really hope they all turn out well. *crosses fingers*
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 20:47   Link #75
Craymel

the animatrix a... Disappointment?
Ok ok calm down everyone has a right to there own opinion... I just have to take deep breadths
Old 2009-07-29, 20:53   Link #76
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
the animatrix a... Disappointment?
Ok ok calm down everyone has a right to there own opinion... I just have to take deep breadths
Well random collections of random animation centered around a hand full of things can be...well...randomly disappointing.... and if that's what they are going to do with this a hodge podge of different things its going to mostly suck...... I'd rather have something like Tytania with semi concurring sub plots/storys than every few eps change the story/characters around....
Old 2009-07-29, 21:00   Link #77
Craymel

The matrix animation was never supposed to focus one larger story it was a series of shorts that focused on the concept of the matrix a false reality. I personally thought the were all really well done. To each his on I guess. If anything I found the batman shorts to be disappointing and they were even connected by one plot.
Old 2009-07-29, 21:04   Link #78
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
The matrix animation was never supposed to focus one larger story it was a series of shorts that focused on the concept of the matrix a false reality. I personally thought the were all really well done. To each his on I guess. If anything I found the batman shorts to be disappointing and they were even connected by one plot.
I saw it as random filler/bonus material nothing to write home about but semi forgettable as well....
Old 2009-07-29, 21:31   Link #79
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said the shorts were disappointing. They were well done, don't get me wrong, but to me they just didn't have the impact that the original movies had (probably because it's hard to flesh out a deep story in the span of a half hour). Whether I intend to or not I know I'll be measuring the new Halo shorts up to the rest of the Halo media that's already floating around, and they had better be just as memorable as the rest of it. I know it isn't fair to expect the same thing that the games gave, but a part of me really wants to experience the excitement that the first game brought again.
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 04:26   Link #80
Zekori

The way I see it, it's more Halo story extras and fan service, to a already concluded main storyline with a reasonably large still existing fan base. I'm certainly not going to be complaining.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote