AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 09:35   Link #2121
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-10-13, 15:48   Link #2122
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
Spoiler for :
That was so funny
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 23:24   Link #2123
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^Thanks!

Though, I wonder if there will actually be a Steins;Gate/ToAru crossover one day...

That's something I'd very much like to read.

Maybe in another worldline...
Old 2011-10-13, 23:48   Link #2124
tsunade666

^ it' possible because the psp game is about time travel already and the author is somehow involve in the game. So there is no need for another world line setting.
Old 2011-10-15, 05:28   Link #2125
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm pretty sure that time travel thing has something to do with the ending of Toaru... Now if only I could remember what it was... Reading Steiner won't activate.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:07   Link #2126
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Someone, make something out of this...

Spoiler for I don't even...:
Old 2011-10-17, 02:38   Link #2127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Someone, make something out of this...

Spoiler for I don't even...:

Three machines died and went to Heaven. They arrived just in time to see Saint Peters letting in a Refrigerator.

Peters looked at them and say-

"I'm sorry, but we've only got room for one more today. Whichever one of you have the most tragic story, I'll let you in."

The first machine that stepped forward confidently was a Vending Machine.

"You won't believe the crap I had to go through!"

He started telling his story about abuse at the hands and kicks of a middle school girl. Never once in his ten years of loyal service to the public did he neglect this duties to the public. One fine day his system turned a little cranky, the maintain report said that someone would come over in a week- but on the last day this girl came up to him and delivered a solid roundhouse kick. This one little act started a string of abuse and domestic violence.

Saint Peter nodded solemnly at the Vending Machine's sorrowful tale.

The second machine that stepped forward confidently was a Washing Machine.

"You won't believe the crap I had to go through!"

He started telling his story about innocence lost. All he ever wanted to do was to make the world a better place for the people living in it. When he heard he would be shipped off to England, it was like a dream come true! He was so excited he could hardly stop vibrating on the flight there (Or maybe it was the turbulence?). Had he realized the trauma those Sisters would have put him through, he would have peeled off his warranty right then and there.

Saint Peter nodded solemnly at the Washing Machine's heartbreaking tale.

The last machine that stepped forward was a small and simple Cell Phone.

"So check this out, it all started one day when this guy with spiky hair bought me and-"

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-10-17 at 02:59.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 07:47   Link #2128
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

FrenFridge OTP
Old 2011-10-17, 08:23   Link #2129
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Technically speaking, the fridge was never abused... The fridge never even made an appearance.

Kamijou's mobile phone on the other hand, has been through Hell and back with him several times so it makes for a better punchline.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 08:47   Link #2130
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^lol. I never thought about that, but makes sense.

Though, I'd figure living with Kakine inside you might be considered a punishment in itself...
Old 2011-10-17, 16:11   Link #2131
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
^lol. I never thought about that, but makes sense.

Though, I'd figure living with Kakine inside you might be considered a punishment in itself...
Kakine: ...And then he ripped off my fucking arm! I mean do you believe the nerve of that guy?

Fridge: (I really hate my life.)

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 18:17   Link #2132
Ashaman

I'm more interested in the anthromorphication of the phone.

Oh the stories that thing could tell....
Old 2011-10-17, 18:37   Link #2133
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Phone-tan. What is this that I don't
Old 2011-10-18, 21:19   Link #2134
Sigbert

Spoiler for large image:

"Imagine Breaker in the right hand, Command Spells in the left!"

Watching Fate/Zero and rewatching To Aru Majutsu No Index made this plot bunny bite me. The basic idea is that Touma is a master in the Heaven's Feel, either by being sent into the one in Fyuki City, or by stumbling across one taking place in Academy City. The first scenario has more scope for the Fate cast and plot, while the second would have to focus more on the To Aru Majutsu cast. I can see good points to both approaches, and would love to hear opinions. (Heroic Spirits wreaking havoc in Academy City's underground wars, anyone?)

Even thought Touma's right hand cancels magic, his left arm could still receive the spells, and since the summoning power comes from the holy grail (not the magus), he could stumble into a circle in much the same way Shirou did (although Shirou had Avalon embedded in himself). Alternatively, he could contract with a masterless spirit - a greater probability if the war takes place in Academy City.

It's very interesting that in To Aru, magicians learn magic because they weren't born with crazy powers, but nasuverse magic potential is genetic. Also, a reality marble is the ultimate imposition of one's personal reality on the world outside, and thus has more in common with Academy City Espers than the techniques of magicians like Stiyl or Oriana.

Just throwing this idea out here for discussion - since I don't know if I'll do anything with it, anybody who actually does do something with this idea (or a similar one) is free to use that image.

Last edited by Sigbert; 2011-10-18 at 21:21. Reason: Put Image in spoiler tag
Sigbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 02:21   Link #2135
tsunade666

The idea of heaven's feel is right but ..... the heroic spirits are familiars remember? magical beings supported by prana..... it won't be even a fight if they go against imagine breaker. Though the speed and battle power of a heroic spirit rivals the saint and Valkyrie. And some in to aru magicians where born with crazy power. Heck the strongest of them all was born with it. A.K.A Holy Right, Saints and Valkyrie.

Magicians in to aru verse can make contract and summon a heroic spirit but not esper. Seeing AIM is against MANA and MANA is similar to PRANA or ODD. Though Touma might be an exception because of imagine breaker.

It's a good one. But I want Touma to be just Touma. Give Index the role of master and give her also her own remote control on John Pen and we are into massive massacre.
Old 2011-10-19, 15:51   Link #2136
Sigbert

I'm thinking that heroic spirits would operate according to the rule laid down for Innocentius: as long as their master is alive they can't be outright cancelled by Imagine breaker. Also, we've seen some attacks (very high level ones) that Touma can block but not cancel, so I think that noble phantasms above a certain rank would act the same.

IIRC, all living things have some prana. I assume that includes espers.

Point taken about those born with magic power, and that reminds me about the central difference between the To Aru magic and the FSN magic - where the power is coming from. In FSN, magi draw power from themselves or their environment, whereas magicians in To Aru are calling on and directing the power of angels, stars, and legends.

I can one-up that last suggestion: John's Pen mode Index summoned as servant Caster by Negi Springfield. (Or any other really powerful mage.) Ultimate OP'd combo of magical doom.
Sigbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 00:41   Link #2137
tsunade666

So far the only once that can't be cancelled is Innocentius, Dragon's Breath, Curtana Original, Black wing and Holy right. The only reason that innocentius and dragon's breath attack works is because it's regenerating and continues. It can also apply to black wing. Like what Accelerator said if you can just over power his cancellation. But black wings is a continues ability too. And finally Holy right. Well that's too much hax. The point is if its continues or regenerating in a speed faster than the imagine breaker cancels.

If the servants will be having a summon like Innocentius then its fine but I think the one who summon the innocentius is the holy grail so maybe if the holy grail is not destroyed then they could still exist but imagine breaker could still be fatal for them because they can be exorcise. Just like the one with lancer of 4th holy grail war.

The level that probably need to by pass imagine breaker in power level is at least A or EX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigbert View Post
IIRC, all living things have some prana. I assume that includes espers.

Point taken about those born with magic power, and that reminds me about the central difference between the To Aru magic and the FSN magic - where the power is coming from. In FSN, magi draw power from themselves or their environment, whereas magicians in To Aru are calling on and directing the power of angels, stars, and legends.
Right every living being has Prana because it's the energy of life. It's possible for esper but Prana is the same as mana. All human being can also use magic remember? in To aru verse everyone can become a magicians but becoming a magician is like the last result in to aru verse because the ones becoming magicians are always tragic and has reasons. Unlike in Nasu verse which the magicians are in lineage or blood line.

If your an exper it means your blessed by the gift of science and you don't need to ended up as magician. Plus AIM goes against Mana. An esper couldn't summon a heroic spirit because it needed the summoner to release prana to anchor the heroic spirit into this world. And as an esper if you release prana your dead.

Even a level 0 in to aru verse release AIM so they can't become magicians. Though it's debatable for Touma if he release AIM at all.

And onto how to aru verse draws into magic. They don't draw powers from the angels directly. I think they only use it as medium to summon their powers .... though not sure. It's been explained in NT 2. Maybe I should reread it.
Old 2011-10-22, 12:54   Link #2138
MarksmanKNG

Dropping by Prismal Reflections Chapter 19

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6890378/...al_Reflections

Its almost at its end.
MarksmanKNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 03:04   Link #2139
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

One comment on a To Aru/Fate cross over.
It is best to decide which of the two you'll use as your main focus. As the two series has some fundamental contradictions. It is best to decide early on in which titles favor you'll resolve those contradictions when you face them.

For example, the magic societies in the two titles functions on a completely different basis, so does the church. Like it would be impossible for the Clock Tower to exists if Anglican Church is around. Instead of fitting both in, I would say it is a better idea if we just keep one.

Same thing to the Prana listed up there. Instead of fitting both Prana and Mana in, we just keep one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigbert View Post
I can one-up that last suggestion: John's Pen mode Index summoned as servant Caster by Negi Springfield. (Or any other really powerful mage.) Ultimate OP'd combo of magical doom.
How about have the Life Maker appear as the Caster if magical doom is what you need? With Cosmo Entelexeia as his Reality Marble?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 21:29   Link #2140
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quick question: is there anyone working on any Halloween related fics?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction