AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 16:40   Link #1401
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I suggest that we bring over girls below the age of 16 for breeding purposes - *gets thrown into Mt Olympus*
Your argument would have more merit based on the weight factor - every kilogram counts in spaceflight and you can pack more highly trained lolis in the same volume.

Science.
Old 2012-11-28, 17:10   Link #1402
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yet if they are too small, they will not be suited for breeding purposes as they might not survive the ordeal. Sure one might want them young so they can breed over a longer period of time to populate the colony, but they have to survive past the child birth stage to do so.

Nagisa....
Old 2012-11-28, 17:59   Link #1403
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hesitate to suggest (considering SH's... impatience, for lack of more accurate yet polite term), but bring them while they are young and wait a few years for them to grow some child bearing hips. (Reference their older relatives to see if it's going to happen.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 20:04   Link #1404
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Your argument would have more merit based on the weight factor - every kilogram counts in spaceflight and you can pack more highly trained lolis in the same volume.

Science.
I was thinking somewhere along those lines too, but practicality counts. I am not sure about the nutrition requirements and if we need anything different for them on the spacecraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yet if they are too small, they will not be suited for breeding purposes as they might not survive the ordeal. Sure one might want them young so they can breed over a longer period of time to populate the colony, but they have to survive past the child birth stage to do so.

Nagisa....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I hesitate to suggest (considering SH's... impatience, for lack of more accurate yet polite term), but bring them while they are young and wait a few years for them to grow some child bearing hips. (Reference their older relatives to see if it's going to happen.)
And that in space, your bones become weaker, so it might actually take them longer to mature.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 20:07   Link #1405
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Saintess become serious when dealing with her loli

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 20:10   Link #1406
Jaden

Makes sense. For people to pay to go live in Mars of all places...they'd need the best lolis that money can buy.
Old 2012-11-28, 20:13   Link #1407
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well, the pioneer batch of Undines would have to come from somewhere.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 20:16   Link #1408
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Since an artificial womb will probably be invented before voyages to mars become common, I think the best scenario is to send fertilized eggs to mars, along with the required machinery to create a base and a minimal crew. Once the base has been completed you can mass produce humans. If genetics has advanced enough you can modify their dna to be able to breath in an atmosphere with a minimum amount of oxygen.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 21:56   Link #1409
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
I suggest that we bring over girls below the age of 16 for breeding purposes - *gets thrown into Mt Olympus*
Ugh, even if you are into the loli thing, dealing with their teenage personality while attempting to colonize space would be a nightmare... Would colony Mars have twitter and iphones?

Seriously, though, I don't know who'd be volunteering to colonize Mars. It's like the European pioneers all over again, except this time with extreme science/logistics to deal with (vastly more so, anyways... not to suggest the European explorers did not include intelligent individuals among them, but this is a whole new ballgame)... do such individuals exist in today's world, comprising the adventurous nature to venture to a completely alien climate, with the intelligence to make the project work? Not many people are looking to colonize Antarctica, and I'd assume bio-forming a habitable community there would be easier than on Mars.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 22:06   Link #1410
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I was thinking somewhere along those lines too, but practicality counts. I am not sure about the nutrition requirements and if we need anything different for them on the spacecraft.
plenty of protein.
Old 2012-11-29, 01:42   Link #1411
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sea levels rising much faster than the "UN IPCC" projections. I got popcorn, we can watch science-challenged denier beach front property become ocean farm zones.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-n-projections
Old 2012-11-29, 05:38   Link #1412
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Sea levels rising much faster than the "UN IPCC" projections. I got popcorn, we can watch science-challenged denier beach front property become ocean farm zones.

Hollywood already warned us 17 years ago.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 06:45   Link #1413
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:

Boat houses will be in demand soon, must invest.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 15:21   Link #1414
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ice and organic goo on Mercury! Get yours now! (yes, we have a proble dinking around at Mercury)

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/29/166162...rcurys-craters
Old 2012-11-29, 16:09   Link #1415
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Completely forgot about that probe.
Old 2012-11-29, 17:16   Link #1416
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Escape to earthship: Building a home for the end of days

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Hi nerds. Raise your hand if you went to Space Camp. OK, you can put it down now, you will need it for scrolling. I sure went to Space Camp: five whole days of sleeping in weird Martian pod-bunks, doing futuristic anti-gravity space flight simulation stuff, and communing with like-minded NASA enthusiasts: it was, for indoor tweens like myself, a holistically fulfilling edutainment course for those who didn’t feel the more traditional sleepaway joints. It felt as if I was peering up the skirts of the cosmos, tasting a bit of the future others hadn’t. I earned an embossed Certificate of Intergalactic Achievement at the end — nothing fancy, but it meant a lot to me. No other program of education had occupied the same emotional space that Space Camp did — until I went to Earthship Biotecture Academy.

Two years ago my family and I were vacationing in Taos, New Mexico when we drove past a community of weird-looking homes, curvy little buildings facing south, adorned with solar panels and buried in earth. The sign out front said "Earthship Biotecture and Biodiesel:" the name, and what we learned on a tour of the facility captured our imaginations.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/29/3...chael-reynolds

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 17:45   Link #1417
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

So the planet mercury has water on it....how about that!

Quote:
New data from the NASA space probe MESSENGER indicate that Mercury, the closest planet to the Sun, almost certainly has water ice buried beneath the surface at its north pole!
For more info follow this link Mercury = Water
Old 2012-11-29, 23:06   Link #1418
AnimeFan188

5 Reasons to Be Terrified That Computers Can Now Read Faces:

"The ability of computers to recognize faces is so common now that your Xbox Kinect
can do it, logging you in the moment you step in front of the thing. It seems like a
fairly harmless invention -- if anything, it will save you a few seconds when (for
instance) your future house will recognize that it's you at the door instead of a
burglar. But this technology is going in a series of extremely creepy directions.

Recognizing you is just the beginning -- the goal is to create software that can all
but read your goddamned mind. Don't believe us? Because the technology exists so
that ..."

See:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20135...ead-faces.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:04   Link #1419
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
5 Reasons to Be Terrified That Computers Can Now Read Faces:

"The ability of computers to recognize faces is so common now that your Xbox Kinect
can do it, logging you in the moment you step in front of the thing. It seems like a
fairly harmless invention -- if anything, it will save you a few seconds when (for
instance) your future house will recognize that it's you at the door instead of a
burglar. But this technology is going in a series of extremely creepy directions.

Recognizing you is just the beginning -- the goal is to create software that can all
but read your goddamned mind. Don't believe us? Because the technology exists so
that ..."

See:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20135...ead-faces.html
"You seem troubled, Dave. I've increased the Prozac levels in the atmosphere of your room and locked the door so you don't have access to the kitchen knives."
Old 2012-11-30, 12:52   Link #1420
AnimeFan188

"Calm down, Mars fanatics. NASA has tossed a wet blanket over speculation that
its Curiosity rover has found evidence of life – or, at minimum, of organic
compounds – on the Red Planet.

"Rumors and speculation that there are major new findings from the mission at
this early stage are incorrect," the agency plainly stated in a press release on
Thursday."

See:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11...press_release/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote