AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 17 17.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 35.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 19.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-09, 23:10   Link #161
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Huh? How so?

Chrono: Ermmm, hi girls this is my adopted brother Erio...

Erio: Eh... Hello, nice to meet you I'm-

Lotte: Kyaaa! He's so cute!

Alia: Reminds me of you when your mother first brought you to us

Chrono: Ehe, about that... You see, I was hoping that you two could take care of him, maybe show him a trick or two, until something blows over...

Alia: What happen?

Chrono: Well...

Lotte: Neinei, Chrosuke! Can I eat him!?

Erio: EH?!

Chrono: Sigh...
So Elio visits Graham for advice?

Graham: *motions for Elio to come closer*

Elio: "Yes sir?"

Graham: *whispers*

Elio: *nods* Yes...

Graham: *more whispering*

Elio: "I understand sir! I'll keep that in mind sir!"

*Salutes, then runs off with BIG, sly grin on his face*

Chrono: "What did you say to him sir?"

Graham: *winks*

Chrono: *nods* "I understand sir."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-09, 23:24   Link #162
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I (or maybe 'we') can't help it!
No, it's not just you. It's really not just you…
Old 2007-04-09, 23:28   Link #163
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So Elio visits Graham for advice?

Graham: *motions for Elio to come closer*

Elio: "Yes sir?"

Graham: *whispers*

Elio: *nods* Yes...

Graham: *more whispering*

Elio: "I understand sir! I'll keep that in mind sir!"

*Salutes, then runs off with BIG, sly grin on his face*

Chrono: "What did you say to him sir?"

Graham: *winks*

Chrono: *nods* "I understand sir."

Hence this leads to Erio's smart play with Vita in Skane's 2nd '4Koma'
Old 2007-04-09, 23:46   Link #164
Skane
Anime Snark

You know, it occured to me that we are being very malicious to poor Erio here. Smearing his reputation with tar and feathers (and dragging it thought the filth of the River Styx) before we even get to know him better. I guess first impressions do matter a lot after all.

Natch.
Old 2007-04-10, 00:07   Link #165
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You know, it occured to me that we are being very malicious to poor Erio here. Smearing his reputation with tar and feathers (and dragging it thought the filth of the River Styx) before we even get to know him better. I guess first impressions do matter a lot after all.

Natch.

In any case, here's a few of my thoughts on Elio:
As I said, he moves oddly. I'm not sure if it's a natural or unnatural thing, but it did not look like he was trying to use Sonic Move. Furthermore, it did not look like he had good control over it. I think he was caught off-guard from its use, and then acted the best he could given the circumstances.

Next, I did not think he would use Sonic Move. Rather, I didn't think that would be a part of his style. Looking back to what we've seen of him prior to that, it makes more sense. It looks like he takes alot from Fate; in the opening it's shown that he uses a lightning attack. I believe his fighting style will be a combination of Fate's and Signum's, focusing mainly on the offensive aspects of the pair.
Old 2007-04-10, 00:07   Link #166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Natch.
But it's THIS particular first impression

Doesn't matter to me though, all the more reasons to like this show's characters
Old 2007-04-10, 01:23   Link #167
Aaron008R

Just a recap of previous posts...
Spoiler:

*almost dead from laughing* Gah... Are you guys tryin to kill me from laughter!?

Please continue!
Though honestly, Fate would not take kindly to what you guys are doing to her little brother.
First impressions are more powerful than I ever imagined!
The last thing Erio needs is being able to commentate on one of Chrono and Fate's (or Nanoha, or Hayate, considering Chrosuke(be)'s specialty) sparring matches, with the 'victimized' girls listening!
Old 2007-04-10, 02:30   Link #168
Julius Firefocht

I'm not even sure if Fate treats Elio as a younger brother or as a son. As a mother I am sure she would not want that "naughty" brother of hers to corrupt her child.

Unless....
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-04-10, 03:56   Link #169
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
*Almost Died front of his screen*
Hahaha cool some dialogues with Vita

About Episode 2...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-10, 03:57   Link #170
Nanohafied

Must bear with it...must wait for HQ...must restrain!!! ARHHH when will it out!!!Grrrrrrrrrr...~~~
Old 2007-04-10, 05:20   Link #171
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanohafied View Post
Must bear with it...must wait for HQ...must restrain!!! ARHHH when will it out!!!Grrrrrrrrrr...~~~
Never. MAHAHAHHAHAHA..

Still i should think that the current raws are ok, there are even one or two that i will call it MQ... since there is not even a true HQ release for Ep1 yet, just make do with the current
Old 2007-04-10, 06:06   Link #172
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
Spoiler:
Spoiler for It still has to be tagged?:
Old 2007-04-10, 06:32   Link #173
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I'm not sure if you folks have already noticed, but after watching the OP with a proper avi, I realised some things.

1) In the part where the newbies are shown with their respective team leaders (and doing the uniform-changing thingy), their names and the names of their devices are found at the bottom part of the screen.

2) It appears that Subaru's Revolver Knuckles are not the only ones that does a spinning attack. If you look carefully at the part where Eriol lands and pierces the ground with Strada, you'll find that its "blade" area is also spinning aka like a drill.
Old 2007-04-10, 06:40   Link #174
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
~ 2) It appears that Subaru's Revolver Knuckles are not the only ones that does a spinning attack. If you look carefully at the part where Eriol lands and pierces the ground with Strada, you'll find that its "blade" area is also spinning aka like a drill.
? I checked this part of the OP, but the blade is not spinning.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-10, 07:01   Link #175
JediNight
キズランダム

My assessment of Erio has improved somewhat after seeing him this episode. Seems like Carol will be the dead weight in that squad =\ I mean, she's even wearing a Final Fantasy white mage cloak when we meet her, and at best she might have medic abilities, since no "instant healing" spells exist in the Nanoha universe it seems

And I wonder how Nanoha knew that Subaru was trying to copy her spell? I don't think she heard her shouting out the spell name. But Subaru's Divine Buster didn't look anything like Nanoha's...
Old 2007-04-10, 07:08   Link #176
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know about that...

If there's one thing I've learnt, is never underestimate little girls...

Take Nanoha for example, back in the first two episodes of season one, I bet nobody would expect her to grow from that, to someone who nukes anything that doesn't go her way without (much) hesitation...

If that doesn't convince you, remember that the scariest thing in any horror game/movie is the "little girl"...
Old 2007-04-10, 07:15   Link #177
Skane
Anime Snark

Caro also has a "pet" dragon. Her personal ranking may be C+, but it matters not if she can get Friedrich to "evolve".

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-10, 07:18   Link #178
Thisguy
Negikamo

Caro also is good at support magic, expecially those of "boost"(enhancement?) category.
While she might be weak herself, she would be invaluable to team if her presence can make team's strength tenfold.
Old 2007-04-10, 07:21   Link #179
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
My assessment of Erio has improved somewhat after seeing him this episode. Seems like Carol will be the dead weight in that squad =\ I mean, she's even wearing a Final Fantasy white mage cloak when we meet her, and at best she might have medic abilities, since no "instant healing" spells exist in the Nanoha universe it seems
If there's anything I learned from MMOGs, it's never to underestimate the importance of a healer. Or a support class, for that matter. Buff the party to uber levels, debuff the enemy to uselessness, and it's a cakewalk. Besides, I'm not sure if they've actually mentioned what Caro's abilities are; maybe she's just as much a blaster as Nanoha.

Also, technically there is at least one near-instant healing mage in the Nanoha-verse: Shamal, in episode 12 of A's. If it's not actual healing, then it's probably some sort of MP-restorative ability.
Old 2007-04-10, 07:22   Link #180
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Caro needs to be at least be able to cast Haste then . I was thinking that if her pet dragon can morph in to a bigger Dragon in battle and cast frost bearth that will be win.
Closed Thread