AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2006-01-06, 22:08   Link #121
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
It's the same thing, just subbed by two different groups which are, as you probably already guessed, Triad and EnA (Eien no Anime).
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 23:33   Link #122
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
i finally got around to watching all of Air and finished i like it and it made me tear up at the end that never happens but i have a few questions if someone is willing to answer

1. Was the curse lifted
2 Misuzu is the rencarnation of kana right?
3. why did she still die at the end even she did all the things she wanted to
4. why was kana cursed in the first plave and what exactly did it do i understood it a little bit but fully

1. I think it was (but it actually doesn't say if it is or not ). But in the game I believe it was more evident and in the anime some characters said too much.

2-4 Are pretty decent answers ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 10:24   Link #123
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
It's the same thing, just subbed by two different groups which are, as you probably already guessed, Triad and EnA (Eien no Anime).
okay
i got the triads version now
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 19:29   Link #124
potluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
i finally got around to watching all of Air and finished i like it and it made me tear up at the end that never happens but i have a few questions if someone is willing to answer

1. Was the curse lifted
2 Misuzu is the rencarnation of kana right?
3. why did she still die at the end even she did all the things she wanted to
4. why was kana cursed in the first plave and what exactly did it do i understood it a little bit but fully
1 - Well, there were two curses: one cast by the monks and one passed down from Kanna's mother. The first curse wore off by itself, and the second curse was apparently undone by Yukito. You can tell that the second curse was undone because Haruko got close to Misuzu but wasn't tortured (see 4).

2 - She's a partial reincarnation of Kanna. Kanna's soul is too massive for a human vessel to take, so it can only partially reincarnate before the vessel dies. See 3.

3 - The soul of a winged-being (Yokujin) is too large for a human vessel to take. Eventually, it breaks down and the reincarnation dies. Misuzu gaining a mother-daughter relationship and reaching the goal just helped heal Kanna's tortured soul; it wasn't going to save her. If I understand it correctly, all the reincarnations are probably going to die young, but at least future reincarnations can be happy.

4 - Kanna's mother passed down a curse which I think was gotten from the people she killed. In addition, Kanna was cursed as a part of an effort by a Japanese faction to eliminate the Yokujin and to unify Japan under one God. The curse from Kanna's mother "tortures and kills those which get close to the Yokujin" (hence the sword blow given to Yukito and why he wanted to leave). The other curse tortures Kanna by giving her sad dreams (e.g. one of Ryuuya's death. And, I think, the curse might have taken away her happy memories, too).

Last edited by potluck; 2006-01-07 at 22:03.
potluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:17   Link #125
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Smile

I'm verrryyyy late with this comment, but I must say it anyway: I really like this show.

One other thing though, aside from the story and characters, is there anyone else out there besides me who just generally likes the warm summer feel throughout the anime?
Epoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 21:49   Link #126
Twinkie

zomg

I watched episodes 1-13 for the first time today, although I have not seen the two summer specials. Honestly, this is by far the most touching thing I've ever seen in my life.

:>
Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 01:54   Link #127
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoq
I'm verrryyyy late with this comment, but I must say it anyway: I really like this show.

One other thing though, aside from the story and characters, is there anyone else out there besides me who just generally likes the warm summer feel throughout the anime?
of course, I'm one Eevrything is always more lively and relaxing in summer, especially in a seaside town like in the anime. Interestingly Kanon, Key's other game made anime is set in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie
I watched episodes 1-13 for the first time today, although I have not seen the two summer specials. Honestly, this is by far the most touching thing I've ever seen in my life.

Glad you liked it. Well you've seen the bulk of the show and drama, the summer specials are much more comedic and slice of life in nature.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 14:06   Link #128
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I find it strange that Key/Visual Arts airs their anime in the winter, with AIR set in the summer. Watching AIR when it's freezing outside just didn't really feel right. Then again, Kanon also aired in the winter, making the setting correct.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 16:57   Link #129
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

I didn't even know about AIR at all until I ran out of good animes last August and tried it, so I watched AIR during the summer. Good timing^^
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 12:23   Link #130
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
I didn't even know about AIR at all until I ran out of good animes last August and tried it, so I watched AIR during the summer. Good timing^^
Hey, same here. It was a humid sunny day when I watched it for the first time, so it was a bit more....special I guess.
Epoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 10:03   Link #131
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoq
Hey, same here. It was a humid sunny day when I watched it for the first time, so it was a bit more....special I guess.
Quite ironic isn't it? I as well watched this during the summer and it really did seem alot more.. lively/vivid?
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 23:16   Link #132
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
LOL I was waiting for it when it came out and was watching pages for trhe 1st raw to pop up. I had a count down....I'm crazy....

It's winter here usually November to March and watching it was like weee cozy place.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 17:49   Link #133
Edaindil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie

When everything was ok, I thought the summer part was beautiful and relaxing. But when she got sick, I felt the summer part was stuffy...
Edaindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:21   Link #134
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I finished watching this last week, i really enjoyed this series. Animation i found was very nice. Ending was really sad as well. Misuzu was really cute.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 14:09   Link #135
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I watched the dream arc when it was aired and finished the AIR arc during winter. The irony is that I watched it in Vancouver B.C where in december the rain just poured out of the sky as if there's no end in sight, which ironically fits the way how the story goes during that last arc. I remember crying when I finished ep12 during 1 midnight and when it's over and when I got upstairs, I find the rain stopped and an absolutely glorious daylight shining through the window... making me cry some more.

I was immensely helped by a translated version of the game script that I found online during the winter and it made the AIR arc all the more painful for me to swallow. I actually turned off the video and instead listened in on the beach scene in ep.11 since it got to me too much.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 14:21   Link #136
Shabazza
transcendental

Hm... after seeing all episodes I don't know what to think about it. On the one side it was very philosophic but on the other side I thought that the whole background was unfitting.
The part where Ryuuyu and Uraha made a child JUST to make it continue their search was imo dumb. They force their very own wishes and dreams upon that child and make the whole bloodline searching for it. Isn't it the very own life of the childs? Why do they have to carry out the duty of some ancestors? Why do they "produce" a child just to search Kanna?
Shabazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 14:51   Link #137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabazza
The part where Ryuuyu and Uraha made a child JUST to make it continue their search was imo dumb. They force their very own wishes and dreams upon that child and make the whole bloodline searching for it. Isn't it the very own life of the childs? Why do they have to carry out the duty of some ancestors? Why do they "produce" a child just to search Kanna?
That was just the only way to help out Kanna. Yukito or the ones previous to him could have just said "No." but its what they believed in - it was there fate.
Old 2006-03-14, 19:04   Link #138
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
And to some extent, all parents project their dreams and wishes upon their children. But I've never actually encountered someone who was forced to go with said wishes when they were sufficiently autonomous to make up their own minds.

It's similar here - Uraha and Ryuuha might hope and intend for their children (and descendents, a lá Yukito) to continue the quest to free Kanna... but the choice is, ultimately, theirs.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-03-15, 00:47   Link #139
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Didn't Yukito's mom tell him that? That there's a winged girl trapped somewhere and only they can help her, but it is his(Yukito) choice whether to find and help the girl or to live his own life.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 07:49   Link #140
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Well, it's been a while since I watched AIR for the third time... but yes, at the start of episode 7 if I'm remembering correctly ^_^

-Andiyar

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, seinen