AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 228 77.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 13.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 5.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.68%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-06, 15:30   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Who's the person that continuously gives this show a one on the poll (he/she is all alone in that regard, lol)? It's obvious they don't even watch because even haters of the series can't NOT like this one -___-
well for ep 10, it was someone nicked "Jenny" who has a total of six posts to her name and all of them in Bleach or the Mai-xxxx series.

So I think you can safely assume it is someone annoyed by the harsh light this series casts on lesser series

... or someone who doesn't understand the rating system.
Old 2006-06-06, 15:39   Link #122
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Just saw the episode (subbed). I didn't notice it before in the raws, but Canada gets an honourable mention(not once, but a few times) by Haruhi .

Go Canada!

Too bad Ryoko didn't move to Canada
Old 2006-06-06, 15:52   Link #123
martino
makes no files now

Wow! This was the best episode ever imo!

Really loved the grown up Mikuru *falls in love*

Last edited by martino; 2006-06-06 at 16:03.
Old 2006-06-06, 15:57   Link #124
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The worst-case scenario that I can think of actually would be another shuffle (although very unlikely) which would stick Snow Mountain for example into one of the final eps. I doubt that though... they should save a few of the critical tales for perhaps another season. Bamboo leaf would be a huge spoiler to the series so that hopefully will be saved for later.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-06, 15:57   Link #125
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Who's the person that continuously gives this show a one on the poll (he/she is all alone in that regard, lol)? It's obvious they don't even watch because even haters of the series can't NOT like this one -___-
Apart from the possible reasons pointed above , i would assume , that ... he did it to get noticed? If so , then I say it was a success.
Old 2006-06-06, 16:06   Link #126
martino
makes no files now

You know what's funny...it kinda bugs me

Spoiler for Mikuru's actions:
Old 2006-06-06, 16:12   Link #127
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
You know what's funny...it kinda bugs me

Spoiler for Mikuru's actions:
You'll see why at the end of the series, its for Kyon's sake, the sake of humanity, the sake of the world and the sake of the universe lol.

Mikuru is a tragic character, shes not allowed to fall in love, especially with Kyon.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-06, 16:13   Link #128
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I agree with you martino ... or at least upon reflection and when she matures she notices that she loves Kyon, but she also knows that they are doomed to be apart.

I mean, it kinda looks like she wants to kiss him but then changes her mind :\
Old 2006-06-06, 16:25   Link #129
Julius Firefocht

Man, I have nothing to say. No words can convey the greatness of this episode. My only regret is that I am unable to rate this episode 20 out of 10 in the poll.

That battle that Yuki fought in was simply fabulous. And yes, adult Mikuru nearly gave me a heart attack. She is just so beautiful!

KyoAni has entered into the ranks of truly great studios with this one!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2006-06-06, 16:41   Link #130
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Mikuru is a tragic character, shes not allowed to fall in love, especially with Kyon.

or at least upon reflection and when she matures she notices that she loves Kyon, but she also knows that they are doomed to be apart.
These words are painful *cries*
Old 2006-06-06, 16:48   Link #131
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes this show may look extremely positive and genki, but underneath we have tragic and sad stories.

Haruhi, Kyon and Mikuru deserves our pity.

Old 2006-06-06, 16:53   Link #132
tritoch

WAIT! before any of you say that Mikuru is a tragic character?

Did Kyon's interference with Mikuru's pictures changed future events that lead to that adult Mikuru scene? I was thinking Kyon noticed the star shape mole while looking at the Mikuru pictures he saved, and in retrospect, what would be the effect if Haruhi posted those pics on the net?

I just saw the subs by the way and I have no manga resource.
Old 2006-06-06, 16:58   Link #133
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yes this show may look extremely positive and genki, but underneath we have tragic and sad stories.

Haruhi, Kyon and Mikuru deserves our pity.
Bah!
While everyone feels sorry for the screen-hogs,(I mean it in the most polite sense) Yuki quietly saves the universe over and over again... Yet Kyon, the only person she seemed to connect to at a personal level, still doesn't pay as much attention to her as she deserves.

Damn it, Kyon! I demand you to take her to Sci-Fi novel conventions as your date! You owe your life to her!
Old 2006-06-06, 16:58   Link #134
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
You'll see why at the end of the series, its for Kyon's sake, the sake of humanity, the sake of the world and the sake of the universe lol.

If Kyon and Mikuru aren't able to hook up because of Haruri, then I really hate Haruri now. I was starting to like Haruri, too.
Old 2006-06-06, 17:00   Link #135
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki
If Kyon and Mikuru aren't able to hook up because of Haruri, then I really hate Haruri now. I was starting to like Haruri, too.
Two things.

First of all, it's Haruhi, not Haruri. Suzumiya Haruhi.

Secondly, you must end all your sentences with "desu".

That is all.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2006-06-06, 17:01   Link #136
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Everyone in the SOS Brigade has their own untold burden on their back (Kyon has it better in some ways by being able to express this through his words although he has no one to share his frustrations with...) The fun and game become a must in order to cope with all that. The melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is shared by all parties involved, although each with a variation. Koizumi's own internal feelings will come forth, if only a little in the Day of Sagittarius to round out the roll and Haruhi's by the end of Yuutsu.

I feel most terrible for Kyon. He sees all of this, unable to actually vent out all that frustration to a living person, having no backdrop of 'great' power to sustain him really, having to keep secrets as well because he has become a fulcrum. His greatest power, the power of his perspective and his narriation impacts only us and not so much his surrounding.

Nagato's lonliness and boredom in observing events and retaining memory of it all (for her literally an epoch worth of observation) goes untold... and incomprehensible to others.

Koizumi has alot to hide under that smile of his. The fact that he had to be one of the espers that out of the blue, had to think of what is reality and moreover, what to believe in...

Haruhi's... that will come soon.

All of this forces the parties to conclude that the only reality worth believing is that they are members of the SOS Brigade and the interest of the Brigade ultimately is the metric to all events that are tossed at them.,

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-06, 17:03   Link #137
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Bah!
While everyone feels sorry for the screen-hogs,(I mean it in the most polite sense) Yuki quietly saves the universe over and over again... Yet Kyon, the only person she seemed to connect to at a personal level, still doesn't pay as much attention to her as she deserves.

Damn it, Kyon! I demand you to take her to Sci-Fi novel conventions as your date! You owe your life to her!
lol yes Yuki is tragic because shes lonely

Even Itsuki is tragic lol, he's been giving weird impressions to everyone lol

About the whole adult Mikuru/Kyon and pics deal, you'll learn that its a time paradox, double time paradox even.

Old 2006-06-06, 17:06   Link #138
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki
Actually, the main reason why they can't hook up is because Adult Mikuru didn't hook up with Kyon. It's inferred that she hadn't seen him for a long while, likely because she returned to her own space-time.

Since the Adult Mikuru that visited Kyon and offered a vital clue to him didn't hook up with Kyon, if Kyon hooked up with teenage Mikuru a time paradox will occur.

Quote:
About the whole adult Mikuru/Kyon and pics deal, you'll learn that its a time paradox, double time paradox even.
That business with the mole on her breast isn't that bad a paradox, since it's self-contained. But for Mikuru to date Kyon when the adult Mikuru didn't, would likely cause the universe to implode.

Thus, it's not that Haruhi prevented the relationship, but that time-travelling demands certain rules be followed. The teenage Mikuru has no idea that Adult Mikuru had visited, likely for the same reason.
Old 2006-06-06, 17:09   Link #139
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes even though Mikuru looks so helpless, she deeply affects the core of the plot.

Also, we can't hate Haruhi lol

This story is so good because the web which the characters' relations has created is so intricated and complex, once you fall in, you can't get out of it. You won't want to get out lol

Old 2006-06-06, 17:12   Link #140
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Even Mikuru (jr) recognizes that she cannot be close to Kyon...

Imagine Kyon's situation if we, as observers already feel this way. He as the trigger and the key is both powerless and the most critical element as the same time.

Closed Thread