AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-08-21, 20:30   Link #481
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
According to the Japanese constitution, Article 9, after WWII, rearmament is forbidden. Therefore it is highly improbable that Kinzo served in any war after WWII, unless he wasn't a Japanese citizen at that time.
Yes it is stated in Episode 7 that it was WWII, but there could have never been any serious doubt about that point.
I remember that a few people here thought that he could have been involved in the Korean war. That's all I meant. That it could either be that or WWII.

I don't know about the details of the Korean war though so I might be remembering it wrong.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-08-21 at 20:43.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 14:02   Link #482
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Kinzo wasn't involved as a soldier in that war.

U.S.A. however had many bases in japan and used them as strategic points during the korean war.

Since Kinzo had deep connection within the american forces, he managed to take advantage of the situation to gain a lot of money. That's probably related with supplies and so on.

The details of how that happened aren't described, but that's how Kinzo was involved in that war. He definitely never went there to fight nor to command any squad anyway.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 04:37   Link #483
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
I dont know if this is already asked or said yet, but is the Chapel Catholic?
I personally think it's Catholic because it would go well with the Dante's Inferno theme.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 16:59   Link #484
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Does anyone know the beloves hometown?#
I think The Village of Gold either refers to Kyoto or the Golden Pavillion, so I would just need the beloved hometown to solve it :/. As for the River... I think one would need the hometown to understand it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 17:18   Link #485
Judoh
Mystery buff

From episode 5 we know that the hometown is never mentioned anywhere. So that's why there are so many theories because there are many possible hometowns. Also from episode 3 and 5 we know that to solve the epitaph you need to think of the river as not really a river where water is flowing through it, but something else. So one kind of "river" that's been thought of is train tracks with "the sweetfish" being the trains.

I also think it's train tracks since there are a lot of puns about trains in episode 4 when everyone escapes and the goats mess up
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 23:32   Link #486
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This is what the adults in Episode3 say about the homeland. Note that apparently all of them know what is that place and Eva even went there on a vacation.

Spoiler for Episode3:

There is also Shannon in EP1 that says that Kinzo's hometown was probably very far from the Kanto region.

Old 2010-12-10, 12:02   Link #487
chronotrig

See the first post of this thread for the updated version of the Epitaph. This is not guaranteed to be the version included in the next EP7 patch, but as far as solving the puzzle goes, it's close enough.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 10:00   Link #488
Riiche-sama

Eh...sorry for asking, but is there any harbour in Japan that houses submarines?

Because, it ocurred to me that the Rokkenjima harbour might hide a submarine...?
Riiche-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 10:04   Link #489
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Is this question related to the epitaph?

Old 2011-05-15, 03:41   Link #490
Riiche-sama

Err, sort of...

Spoiler for HUGE SPOILER FOR EPISODE 5+:
Riiche-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 03:57   Link #491
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Maybe you should read EP7 before attempting to draw speculation from it.
Old 2011-06-29, 09:57   Link #492
Meltyred

This might be a little late but could the 川 refer to a grid that can be found in a atlas?
Instead of being a table, family tree etc.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 10:08   Link #493
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
This might be a little late but could the 川 refer to a grid that can be found in a atlas?
Instead of being a table, family tree etc.
Spoiler for 川 on the Epitaph:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 13:33   Link #494
Meltyred

I see, I will have to play more than episode 1 to find out more then.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 16:30   Link #495
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You should at least play episode 3 before trying to solve this epitah. At the very least....

But well you can try to reason about the general meaning of some parts starting from now just to see if you can get it before reading the reasoning of the characters inside the story.

Old 2011-08-02, 11:57   Link #496
Xyrius Cherubim
The Observer

what i am really confused about this riddle is that i never really catch what the characters saying, because they kept on mentioning the kanji characters. Lol

has anyone been really successful in solving this famous riddle??
Xyrius Cherubim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 12:42   Link #497
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Yeah, I believe the correct theory came out early enough. Was it at the time of EP3? Or EP4?
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 13:28   Link #498
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Yeah, I believe the correct theory came out early enough. Was it at the time of EP3? Or EP4?
I think it was at the time of EP3 when the theory got some followers. The person who started it was actually (like Ryűkishi said in an interview) on homestay there, so he had some information that's probably necessary.
But I think the full solution only came sometime after EP3...it really did contain some necessary hints.

I actually was not a follower of that theory personally, but it's actually pretty obvious once you think about everything that's said during the first 3 Episodes.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:57   Link #499
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It was never mentioned in this forum before EP5 though. So we only know the version of the theory as it was divulged after EP5.

I don't think that the guy who had that intuition actually got past the first part of the riddle back at the time of EP3. Well maybe I'm wrong but I'm quite skeptic. I suppose it would have had a higher resonance if it really explained anything from start to end. The Enoura theory and the La Plata theory didn't get past the first part either, and they were the most popular at the time.

Old 2011-12-14, 23:03   Link #500
RandomAvatarFan

Actually, I haven't read any thing of Chiru, so I began just skimming this thread.

I have like no understanding of the japanese language, but I do know this:
"Konjiki" is also translated as "Gold" or "Golden." I'm more interested in the kanji of it...I'm finding the same kanji- 金

I'm wondering if the reading "Konjiki" can change things.

Now my ramblings on trying to solve the darn thing!
Spoiler for Alliance:

It wasn't meant to be an instruction list to kill people, but rather, somehow tell people how to avoid being killed.

Umineko is like a rubic's cube. If you try to solve one side at a time, you end up messing things up for the other sides; the only way to fix it is to completely destroy what you solved.
In order to solve the epitaph, you need to somehow connect it back to the other mysteries.

Take into account:
Spoiler for Alliance:
But I think for us, as a player, to solve the riddle, we need to take everything into account.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote