AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2021-04-21, 10:50   Link #21
Vegard Aune

...Well a few days after that announcement they still haven't really properly told us what it is, but they did reveal that... the director is different from the base game. Which to me at least casts some doubt on the idea that it is, in fact, the same game, because if it's just the same game with some slight tweaks, why would they need a new director? That said, preorders are apparently starting on the 30th so by then we should know what it is.

Anyway I've been playing the base game pretty extensively. I'm not 100% there yet in terms of being able to easily play untranslated visual novels but I'd say I'm grasping, like, at least 80% and there's really only been like one or two cases where a scene has played out and I wasn't entirely sure what was being conveyed in it. Having now cleared six routes and started Arisu's, I feel like I can fairly confidently start giving some opionions on the game as a whole... So excuse me while I just start doing a whole bunch of rambling thoughts that can kinda be considered a review of the game up until this point.

Spoiler for A whole bunch of rambling thoughts that can kinda be considered a review of the game up until this point.:

tl;dr: This game is extremely weird but I like it. Excited to see what Arisu's route has in store. Though I have seen some spoilers that have given me at least some idea.
Old 2021-04-29, 18:01   Link #22
Vegard Aune

D.C.4 P.H. is officially confirmed to definitely be "Da Capo 4, Plus H-scenes."

Also I finished the game. Honestly... reaching 100% completion kinda lowered my opinion on the game as a whole because I can now safely say that there are several things the game sets up and just never goes anywhere with, like,
Spoiler for Nino route spoilers:
or
Spoiler for Arisu route:

I kinda figured these things would get explained somehow but they just... didn't. Also since the game kind of "paired" up routes, like Nino and Sorane are a pair, Hiyori and Miu are a pair etc... Nino and Sorane would be the only pairing where I'd say both routes feel equally meaty. Meanwhile Miu and Chiyoko feel entirely like afterthoughts to Hiyori and Shiina respectively, and
Spoiler for The Arisu route has a bit of a split that is kinda comparable in a way I guess:

...So things I would like to see touched up in P.H. because I can't imagine it's literally the exact same game with added H-scenes because the game as it exists now barely even allows for them:
Spoiler for Things. Spoilery things.:

...Ultimately there was still enough to like in the game that I can't claim I regret playing it. Like, I really liked Arisu, Hiyori and Shiina's characters and while I was not crazy about Nino or Sorane's personalities I thought their routes were really strong... Just a shame that ultimately the end felt like it did not quite deliver. Nino and Shiina still had ultimately the best routes I think.
Old 2021-05-22, 11:00   Link #23
Vegard Aune

(Why am I continuing to post in this thread? It sure doesn't look like anyone else cares at this point.)

Circus posted voice samples on the website. Which confirms that... despite being credited under a different name, Suginami is still 100% Kishio Daisuke. Strange that he would be credited under an alias now when he's just been credited as Kishio Daisuke in every other game in the franchise, all-ages or R18, but really I'm just glad to still have him.

Other than that... Ayumi Sarah's Miu sounds almost identical to Maekawa Ryouko's. That change should be effortless to get used to. Yuuki Honoka's Sorane is also pretty on-point. Kusuhara Yui's Nino and Kanata Sora's Arisu I can quite clearly tell are not the same, but they're not bad, I guess. (Though Touyama Nao is still entirely too perfect as Arisu for me to not feel kinda down about her being recast.)
I am probably going to have a hard time getting used to the new Chiyoko, Hiyori and Shiina however. Out of these three Hiyori is probably the one who sounds the least off to me but... I am entirely too attached to Asumi Kana and Minase Inori's performances.
Old 2021-08-30, 05:31   Link #24
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...So things I would like to see touched up in P.H. because I can't imagine it's literally the exact same game with added H-scenes because the game as it exists now barely even allows for them:
Spoiler for Things. Spoilery things.:
The game is out. And while I have not gone through it super in-depth I have at least spot-checked a lot of the things I was hoping for and...

...it did none of them. Not a single one. Other than the addition of H-scenes (that all play at the very, very end of their respective routes) and new voice actors, the game appears to be exactly the same as it was. I mean, the last point I asked for would require me to clear every route before I could even check, but considering that the game does not appear to have any other new art assets outside of the H-scenes I see no reason why they would now give that character a proper sprite.