AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-26, 00:37   Link #661
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Psychological warfare? (I'm looking at it from a one-on-one basis) But you do have a good point there. I guess what's really needed now is the grand entrance of Chrono to finally see what he got up his sleeves.
I am looking at it from a one-on-one POV as well.

Quote:
Amy and Leti it is then.
And by the way, which part are you referring too? Am I right in saying that it's the combat part?
Erm, Yeess... Of course it is... Why wouldn't it be?
Old 2007-05-26, 00:44   Link #662
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm sure over time Chrono's overall power has grown. But I'm curious to see how he'd use creativity and skill to beat strong opponents one on one. Just too bad we can only wait for his eventual grand entrance. You'd think they would just put us out of our misery and bring him out. But I guess they're waiting for the right big battle for him to come in and save the day.

I'm sure Chrono was very professional in his training. When he gets going he gets pretty serious about it. I mean he had the Lieze twins as his instructors what could go wrong when he starts teaching.....ok there might be some issues. Just sounds wrong...Chrono training Fate seriously in that area.
Old 2007-05-26, 01:12   Link #663
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm sure over time Chrono's overall power has grown. But I'm curious to see how he'd use creativity and skill to beat strong opponents one on one. Just too bad we can only wait for his eventual grand entrance. You'd think they would just put us out of our misery and bring him out. But I guess they're waiting for the right big battle for him to come in and save the day.
For now, we even lack the 'strong opponents' factor as well...

... Not enough to go around

Quote:
I'm sure Chrono was very professional in his training. When he gets going he gets pretty serious about it. I mean he had the Lieze twins as his instructors what could go wrong when he starts teaching.....ok there might be some issues. Just sounds wrong...Chrono training Fate seriously in that area.
Fate: Erm... Are you sure this is ... The right thing to do?
Chrono (Shrugged): Works for me back when Aria and Lotte were training me to be an Enforcer...
Fate: I see...

I am SO going to give Deathkillz a nightmare
Old 2007-05-26, 01:22   Link #664
Aaron008R

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I am looking at it from a one-on-one POV as well.
Ah well, I guess it's just some expectations of Sugita as Chrono doing a Bullet (more or less equal with the extremely powerful female lead) than his other roles (more or less a normal person that has a high influence on the various female leads)

Quote:
Erm, Yeess... Of course it is... Why wouldn't it be?
I see...

Quote:

What's so wrong with Chrono training Fate with regards to bindings, outdoor assault and taking on multiple targets?

Quote:

Yeah, not to mention the limiters.

Quote:
Chrono (Shrugged): Works for me back when Aria and Lotte were training me to be an Enforcer...

At least Fate didn't get Chrono's attitude.

And Chaos, you're scenario had me senseless for a few minutes due to perfection. Thanks again.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-26, 01:28   Link #665
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

Well, judging from which, we have 2 factions at work...

Client :

Knight Zest : - He seems nonchalant at the level the Wolkies were demonstrating, but they were limited so we have no way to gauge his level.

Lutecia : - Seems like a pretty slick summoner, and we had the whole "small fragment" of power thing. Caro had that too, but looks like Lutecia's more versatile with a wider range. Though we can't judge clearly until she brings out something actually lethal.

Agito? : - Dunno.

Orange's Ferarri Lab Inc. :

Drones : whut drones? Cannon fodder until he reveals some T-800 or something.

Test-tube Ladies : ???

So, yeah...questionable. The enemy's hiding their cards well.

Quote:

Chrono: *humming while reading the papers*
Amy: You look...refreshing. I thought you had an all-nighter last night at the main office.
Chrono: Yeah, I was up all night.
Fate: *Yawns*
Amy: Fate, are you alright? It's rare to see you so tired. If there's anything wrong, you can always count on me. Onee-chan's always there for you, you know.
Fate: Thanks, but I'm okay. I'm just a little tired after training with Chrono last night. He told me the first time would be kinda rough and tiring bu-
Amy: What. exactly. did. you. do. last. night. D.E.A.R?
Chrono: *nowhere to be seen, only leaving behind the newspaper and an empty cup of coffee*

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-26, 01:32   Link #666
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ah well, I guess it's just some expectations of Sugita as Chrono doing a Bullet (more or less equal with the extremely powerful female lead) than his other roles (more or less a normal person that has a high influence on the various female leads)
Actually, if you think about it, he's a little bit of both...

Quote:
Yeah, not to mention the limiters.
I don't think the limiters would pose that much of a problem...

... As it had recently shown

Unless they really need shape large land masses...

Cause baby there's
Ain't no mountain high enough...!
Ain't no valley low enough...!
Ain't no river wide enough...!

Quote:
At least Fate didn't get Chrono's attitude.

And Chaos, you're scenario had me senseless for a few minutes due to perfection. Thanks again.
Nah, it's still too raw and impractical at the moment...
Old 2007-05-26, 01:37   Link #667
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

another note in this episode...Lutecia is a candy addict...it was unexpected for dr.spagetti to bribe Lutecia with candy if she got the info he needed from the auction...
Old 2007-05-26, 01:50   Link #668
Aaron008R

Quote:
Actually, if you think about it, he's a little bit of both...
The amalgamation of the life work of Tomokazu Sugita?

Quote:
Nah, it's still too raw and impractical at the moment...
I meant the concept was perfect. Of course it could be improved by turning it into a full-blown scenario complete with dialogs and reactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
another note in this episode...Lutecia is a candy addict...it was unexpected for dr.spagetti to bribe Lutecia with candy if she got the info he needed from the auction...
I guess you couldn't really remove that trait from kids. But what the heck, it's cuter that way.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-26, 06:41   Link #669
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

what is it that Lutecia is looking for anyways??
Zest mentioned about continuing their search for something that Lutecia lost...
Old 2007-05-26, 07:09   Link #670
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really do wonder what Lutecia is after. Clearly those relics have something to do with things since Zest talked about them not sticking their noses into each others business in anything else. It's really impossible to guess based on seeing her once so hopefully we'll see more and find out.

What people wouldn't pay to get an inside look at that training session . But really a couple great scenarios. People always assume the worst of what Chrono is up to. The lack of trust from his friends and colleagues is truly saddening.

We really are lacking a lot of strong enemies right now. There isn't enough for the normal cast much less Chrono who deserves a good opponent of his own. Zest we can assume is strong, since he's big and accompanying a powerful loli. It's only obvious logic there. But really unless the test tube ladies are all coming out with some good power and devices have to wonder how they will handle things. Using drones as cannon fodder can only go so far.
Old 2007-05-26, 07:15   Link #671
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Finally got to watch the fansub. Man, either they made a plot-hole or Teana has an uber-poor memory. I mean, she asked herself in this episode on how Hayate managed to assemble the squad together when Rein, Shari and Nanoha already explained about the Limiters a few episodes ago.

Hard to sympathise with Teana really. When you boil it down in the end, Teana is just being incredibly selfish. Teamwork, girl. You shouldn't be depressed that Nanoha selected you. Bloody heck, you should be taking pride in it. Drop the inferiority complex already!

Also, am I the only one who notice physical similarities between Acous and Scaggy?

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-26, 07:32   Link #672
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

On the contrary, I find it quite easy to sympathise with her.

It's not like she selfishly tried to take them all on on her own like a stereotypical shounen... either hero, or maybe the rival-type-which-has-to-be-shown-the-power-of-love-and-friendship-by-action-Jesus. She misjudged the difficulty and danger of what she was trying to do because of her issues, but... two points:
- is it all that worse than when Subaru speeded in the B-class test and they would have seriously hurt themselves if not for Nanoha? And Subaru made that mistake, not because they were in a life threatening situation and had no choice but to take a chance, or because she was eager to prove herself - but because she's a reckless moron.
- for some people, the hardest thing to do is to believe in themselves. I understand the feeling perfectly, and dismissing it with a hearty "drop the inferiority complex already!" is not helping. And considering her history, it's also easy to see why she'd have self-confidence problems.
Old 2007-05-26, 07:35   Link #673
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Finally got to watch the fansub. Man, either they made a plot-hole or Teana has an uber-poor memory. I mean, she asked herself in this episode on how Hayate managed to assemble the squad together when Rein, Shari and Nanoha already explained about the Limiters a few episodes ago.
I think she meant, to get the higher-ups to agree to let them do this as long as they use a limiter...

... Cause it sure as hell isn't fooling anyone

Quote:
The amalgamation of the life work of Tomokazu Sugita?
Actually, I think only his recent works should count

Quote:

What people wouldn't pay to get an inside look at that training session . But really a couple great scenarios. People always assume the worst of what Chrono is up to. The lack of trust from his friends and colleagues is truly saddening.
Oh I believe the three aces are the (only) ones who trust him, everyone else is just paranoid...

... But then again, that's all that really matters

Quote:
We really are lacking a lot of strong enemies right now. There isn't enough for the normal cast much less Chrono who deserves a good opponent of his own. Zest we can assume is strong, since he's big and accompanying a powerful loli. It's only obvious logic there. But really unless the test tube ladies are all coming out with some good power and devices have to wonder how they will handle things. Using drones as cannon fodder can only go so far.
I expect reasonably strong opponents though.

My guess is that they'll have the test tube girls as elite shock troopers, they'll cause abit of problem at the beginning but would soon be gotten used to...
Old 2007-05-26, 07:39   Link #674
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

Quote:

ummm i think the question tiana had in mind was not "how they managed to assemble the squad" but "why the hell am i in this too" ....and they haven't explained that to her properly, not that they would know about tiana's inferiority complex in the first place, being the closed girl she is

Quote:
Also, am I the only one who notice physical similarities between Acous and Scaggy?

Cheers.
and who's scaggy ?
if you meant spaghetti......maybe a bit (i think it's the hair and the freaky aura )
Old 2007-05-26, 07:45   Link #675
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
ummm i think the question tiana had in mind was not "how they managed to assemble the squad" but "why the hell am i in this too" ....and they haven't explained that to her properly, not that they would know about tiana's inferiority complex in the first place, being the closed girl she is
Nono, ONE of the question she (sort of) asked herself was what kind of trick that Hayate use to get all these high powered Individuals together in this department.
Old 2007-05-26, 07:47   Link #676
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

Quote:
Nono, ONE of the question she (sort of) asked herself was what kind of trick that Hayate use to get all these high powered Individuals together in this department.
really ? in episode 7 ?
tsck...i have such a bad memory
sorry about that then....

cue to rewatch
Old 2007-05-26, 07:49   Link #677
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I agree. It's more of a "How in blue hell did a 19 year old girl assemble her clique of friends that is ridiculously overpowered?"

Naturally, Teana's not going to find out that Nanoha accidentally found an A-rank or so ferret by coincidence, and by irony got herself acquianted with another AAA-rank mage because she wanted to help him, met a group of friends that included and AAA+ and S rank TSAB soldiers, and later met another group of program lifeforms, that ranged from AA to S-.

All in the days of 3 not-so-normal girls in Earth. And in less than a year too.

Nanoha : How I took my training in my earlier days? Hmm...I suppose it was kinda like an after-school thing for a few hours daily.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-26, 07:53   Link #678
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
really ? in episode 7 ?
tsck...i have such a bad memory
sorry about that then....

cue to rewatch
It's kinda easy to miss since nothing important happened during that scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I agree. It's more of a "How in blue hell did a 19 year old girl assemble her clique of friends that is ridiculously overpowered?"

Naturally, Teana's not going to find out that Nanoha accidentally found an A-rank or so ferret by coincidence, and by irony got herself acquianted with another AAA-rank mage because she wanted to help him, met a group of friends that included and AAA+ and S rank TSAB soldiers, and later met another group of program lifeforms, that ranged from AA to S-.

All in the days of 3 not-so-normal girls in Earth. And in less than a year too.

Nanoha : How I took my training in my earlier days? Hmm...I suppose it was kinda like an after-school thing for a few hours daily.

It's not only after school ! She was practicing through a simulation even in class !
Old 2007-05-26, 07:55   Link #679
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:

...right...nanoha wont be showing chrono any mercy like she did with tea...i think i should go get amy a black dress and a photo frame with pretty white ribbons for the occasion :3
Quote:
Hard to sympathise with Teana really. When you boil it down in the end, Teana is just being incredibly selfish. Teamwork, girl. You shouldn't be depressed that Nanoha selected you. Bloody heck, you should be taking pride in it. Drop the inferiority complex already!
shes not selfish as such but shes causing herself a lot of trouble...imo shes thinking too much about keeping up with the whole group rather than working at her own pace...thinking just because she doesnt have any potential like the others she is going to be left out or looked down at which is why she wanted to prove that it doesnt have to take talent to become strong ~ (an image of rock lee just flashed into my head )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-26, 08:00   Link #680
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...right...nanoha wont be showing chrono any mercy like she did with tea...i think i should go get amy a black dress and a photo frame with pretty white ribbons for the occasion :3
Ahh~ But first you have to wonder whether thick-skull Nanoha could even comprehend any hidden meanings, or would she just take it as it is
Closed Thread