AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 03:53   Link #1
Kunagisa

Kamisama no Memochou

On the right (along with Rou Kyu–Bu! on the left).

Title:
Kamisama no Memochou
神様のメモ帳

Auther:
SUGII Hikaru
杉井光

Lightnovel Illustrator:
KISHIDA Mel
岸田メル

Official Anime Page:
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaupdates
Revolves around a student who happens to intrude upon a NEET detective and became her assistant.
Extremely simple yet concise description of this light novel. The story revolves around three NEETs, a "hooligan", a philosophical loli detective (also a NEET ... among other things) and the young man who happens to stumble upon this extended network of friends. Mostly slice of life with mysteries. Similar to GOSICK in the detective sense but with a modern day setting. Very heavy slice of life themed and extremely touching (like a lot of Sugii's other works).

There are currently 5 volumes of the light novel out and a manga series being serialized at Dengeki Daioh with Tiv being the mangaka. The announcement came with the 6 volume's announcement, which goes on sale 10th this month I believe (along with Durarara9, Accel World 7, Spice and Wolf 16).

yesssssssssss another one of my favorite gets animated! A bit emo in the beginning but definitely is great, I wonder if the adaptation will able to portrait all the emotions involved but we'll just have to see which studio is doing this. Excellent news to start my day! Saimoe's going to be tough to choose next year @__@.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-04-10 at 04:16.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 04:36   Link #2
ninja_pintu

hmm... Seems interesting.
Though I hope mysteries are good. I haven't really seen many good mystery anime(Which is a shame considering it is my favourite genre).

I wonder how they will show the loli solving the mysteries. Will we have access to her head like Detective Conan or will she just state the answer and the reason like Gosick? I hope it's the former since Gosick is a disappointment and I just can't feel the mystery if I don't see it getting solved.
Old 2011-02-08, 05:09   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Kushieda Mel artwork. Good enough for me!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:13   Link #4
Zell_ff8

Oh you made my day with this... I knew it was in kikaku but now kettei? Yay, would love to see Alice blushing reactions animated :3
Also expecting to know the cast, the voice she got at the drama cd was quite good.

This is also my fav, I loved vol 1 and 3 (I like more Ayaka than Meo), the suspense is good, thought the resolution is quite short and out-of-the-hat, still is quite interesting.
Also reading the manga, but it started at the second case (vol 2), and no Ayaka

I also note a recall of Alice with Victorique (GOSICK), but I can't stand Victorique at all, yet Alice is my favourite character. Don't know why, Victorique seems much more like the cliche tsundere and has some inocense, Alice is a lot more mature and negative.

One of the images I most want to see is Alice in kimonosugata, when she assisted the ceremony in which Narumi formalize bonds with Hinamura. I don't know why Kishida Mel didn't include a picture of her that time, she's only seen at pajamas or mofuku ¬.¬

edit: found other pic:

Last edited by Zell_ff8; 2011-02-17 at 00:28.
Zell_ff8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 23:08   Link #5
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

might be good
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 23:59   Link #6
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
and a manga series being serialized at Dengeki Daioh with Tiv being the mangaka.
Yay, Tiv! She doesn't seem to been noticed much by the English-speaking world but I adore her art. From what I know she's Korean but studied and now resides in Japan - her website shows some of the work she's done for Comic High!, Comic Rex and Dengeki. I discovered her through her manga Annyeong! which is a super-cute slice-of-life story set in a Korean highschool but published in Japanese.

I wonder though, given that Kishida Mel is so highly respected and that Tiv's own style is quite different, are the LN fans in Japan raging about the manga?
Old 2011-02-11, 04:54   Link #7
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I wonder though, given that Kishida Mel is so highly respected and that Tiv's own style is quite different, are the LN fans in Japan raging about the manga?
The Japanese fans were too busy raging about the manga skipping vol.1 to care much about the art. Tiv's alice is adorable, so they're all good with it.

I wonder would this be out in the fall season? I'm so excited about this waiting a whole year would be unbearable .___.

btw stuopidget, I totally missed your pms im sorry
Old 2011-02-11, 07:06   Link #8
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
hmm... Seems interesting.
Though I hope mysteries are good. I haven't really seen many good mystery anime(Which is a shame considering it is my favourite genre).
This might be disappointing to you. As I've posted in the GOSICK topic, lightnovels cannot dedicate the whole novel to providing clues and letting you get inside the investigator's head on discussing all possible outcomes. You will see Alice arriving at the answer, but the process of investigating all the alternatives and negating them is not present.

The only lightnovel that even has a resemblance of such is probably Takekuni Kitayama's "Tower" series, and I somehow doubt his stuff will ever get animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
I wonder would this be out in the fall season? I'm so excited about this waiting a whole year would be unbearable .___.
Late Fall seems like a good estimate, since I think the last new series (not Index etc.) to get animated from Dengeki was OreImo, which was announced back April and aired at December of last year. Before that, Ookami-san was announced very end December of 09 and started end of June. So around 6-8 months depending on the studio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
btw stuopidget, I totally missed your pms im sorry
Haha, no biggy, I just assumed you got busy again.
Old 2011-02-11, 07:16   Link #9
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Late Fall seems like a good estimate, since I think the last new series (not Index etc.) to get animated from Dengeki was OreImo, which was announced back April and aired at December of last year. Before that, Ookami-san was announced very end December of 09 and started end of June.
Not, OreImo was aired on October, not December. As well, Ookami-san was aired on July 1st on AT-X, at morning, not the end June when it was aired at night.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 07:41   Link #10
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Not, OreImo was aired on October, not December. As well, Ookami-san was aired on July 1st on AT-X, at morning, not the end June when it was aired at night.
Ah right, I mistakened OreImo for another lightnovel series, though when I said end of June i meant like Jun 30th non-Asia time @__@ sorry about that.

Which means around half a year should be the expected time.
Old 2011-02-11, 11:21   Link #11
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

*planned to watch this after seeing MEL Kishida names*

*Read Simon's post about manga artwork being done by other artist and view it*

*errrrr... cancel the initial plan*

Btw feel De javu with that Tiv's artist work. mmm... Milky Holmes? Just looks similar.
Old 2011-02-11, 21:58   Link #12
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
*errrrr... cancel the initial plan*
Heh, that might be a bit premature even if you don't like the manga art (it's OK, I can take it, I'll just have a little cry then I'll be fine ). Far as I know they haven't announced who's doing the character designs, let alone how they'll look - it could even be Kishida her(?)self.
Old 2011-02-12, 06:33   Link #13
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Heh, that might be a bit premature even if you don't like the manga art (it's OK, I can take it, I'll just have a little cry then I'll be fine ). Far as I know they haven't announced who's doing the character designs, let alone how they'll look - it could even be Kishida her(?)self.
I know, but bigger chance they choose to dump LN's artwork n rather something close to manga art.

N my post was kinda hyperbolic (I'm serious about it though)
Old 2011-02-13, 08:09   Link #14
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
I know, but bigger chance they choose to dump LN's artwork n rather something close to manga art.

N my post was kinda hyperbolic (I'm serious about it though)
Your worry might be missplaced at the moment !

I like Tiv's art, but as previous LN adaptations have shown, pretty much all character adapted to the anime is consistent with the novel regardless if the manga is present or not. This might be the one case the art might be based on the manga, but I doubt that at the moment.
Old 2011-02-13, 23:57   Link #15
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Yay, Tiv! She doesn't seem to been noticed much by the English-speaking world but I adore her art. From what I know she's Korean but studied and now resides in Japan - her website shows some of the work she's done for Comic High!, Comic Rex and Dengeki. I discovered her through her manga Annyeong! which is a super-cute slice-of-life story set in a Korean highschool but published in Japanese.

>Dr. Pepper

Approved

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 00:50   Link #16
DangerMouse

I like mystery series so I'll check it out with either artist but I'll admit I'm with fertygo on this, Kishida's Mel's awesome art designs would really make the difference and knock the series toward the top of anticipation list.

While I guess it could go either way and they might just be drawing attention with the more well-known artist's version being more prominent, I'm still hopeful it'll end up being Kishida Mel's version since I love this artists work and I think if the big promo pictures are advertising with that version of Alice maximized with the anime announcement text over it (and the manga cover art is mini-sized like that as an ad for the already available manga version, or omitted, like in this particular ad) it probably at least has a decently higher chance that it might be using Kishida Mel's LN designs since the ad's pushing those, also having done designs now for two anime series just recently, the latest of which has adapted the designs quite directly, I think that Kishida Mel's currently high level of involvement in the anime industry helps up the percentage.

If so, mystery series with Kishida Mel art, totally can't wait!

If they do I really hope that the animation versions of the character designs for this will properly adapt the art like those in the upcoming Hana-Saku Iroha (unlike in Sora-no-Woto, which I liked but the adapted designs looked absolutely nothing like the original art). I don't really care for it's type of show but those gorgeous adapted designs and the awesome director of Sword of the Stranger and Canaan working on it are reasons I might give it a quick glance, whereas I love mystery/detective shows so I'd love to see a show with those designs adapted well in a genre/show that I expect I'll really get into.

Looking forward to this.

Quote:
Your worry might be missplaced at the moment !

I like Tiv's art, but as previous LN adaptations have shown, pretty much all character adapted to the anime is consistent with the novel regardless if the manga is present or not. This might be the one case the art might be based on the manga, but I doubt that at the moment.
Ah, even more potential that ups the likeliness, I was going to try to do a bit of research to see if there was anything telltale like that among these LN anime adaptations we've been getting.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-02-14 at 01:27.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 16:10   Link #17
Kunagisa

Staff:
Director: Sakurabi Katsushi (not sure if I agree with the choice here)
Series Composition: Minakami Seishi (not bad)
Character Design: Satou Keiichi (not bad)
Music: Iwasaki Taku (hellll yessssss)
Production: J.C.STAFF (nice)
Overall Impression: Woohoo!

Characters
Alice: Ogura Yui
Narumi: Matsuoka Yoshitsugu
Ayaka: Kayano Ai
Min-san: Nabatame Hitomi
Tetsu: Matsukaze Masaya
Shousa: Miyata Kouki
Hiro: Sakurai Takahiro
Yondaime: Ono Daisuke

Overall Impression: Well new people for the two main, but the support casting is still pretty strong and appropriate.
Old 2011-04-07, 16:36   Link #18
tsunade666

J.C Staff got another fine novel to be animated.
Old 2011-04-08, 07:55   Link #19
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Novel review

Well, it's mostly just personal opinion, but there's a short teaser summary that's not a big enough spoiler but still good enough as an introduction.

Comment is always accepted XD
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 08:09   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Overall Impression: Well new people for the two main, but the support casting is still pretty strong and appropriate.
As expected, JC Staff tends to get new talents to voice the main characters of their series. The most obvious exception is of course Kugimiya herself.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life