AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 33 39.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 26.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-11, 18:47   Link #41
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A great start to the second season of the show, the new OP is nice, original was too good to better than I guess, though the new ED might grow on me more than the original I like it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
Oh, and the Karate girl is voiced by Ami Koshimizu. At first i thought it was Yoko Hikasa.

Seriously, am i the only one who can't differentiate between Yoko Hikasa and Ami Koshimizu's voices?
You must have not heard many of Ami Koshimizu's roles to not be able to tell[Holo, Karen, Himari, or such] , though I wasn't positive it was her til the scene with the cat and calling Kiema a baka which gave it away , but I can't say I thought She was Yoko Hikasa XD.
MAL
Old 2011-04-11, 19:35   Link #42
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-11, 20:09   Link #43
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Nothing like the aura of a man who has conquered so many...!
Old 2011-04-11, 21:21   Link #44
coderlan
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Nothing like the aura of a man who has conquered so many...!
That was most awesome.

I think Kusunoki's much more beautiful :wub:
Old 2011-04-11, 21:31   Link #45
kniteowl

After the 1st season, my expectations for the 2nd season were a little lower but so far the 1st episode has exceeded my expectations and I'm looking forward to the rest of it. Not to say the 1st season was bad or anything but I just expected more from it.

WOW... I never knew how skilled Koshimizu, Ami is as a VA, I knew she did Holo from Spice & Wolf and Tenma from School Rumble but I did not recognize her voice at all, maybe later on when her Kasuga, Kusunoki Feminine side is voiced.

Yes Kasuga, Kusunoki is a hottie, I never noticed her legs in the manga.

I hope this isn't a spoiler but the preview trailer of Kami Nomi release around September 2011 showed off all the girls that would appear in the anime series, it looks like they skipped one girl/arc.

Preview Trailer

which girl you ask?
Spoiler for Trailer:

Last edited by kniteowl; 2011-04-11 at 21:43.
Old 2011-04-11, 21:33   Link #46
karuroso

o_O wow what a great improvement on the character designs compared with the first season, feels like comparing day and night imo, it's much closer to the manga now =D it makes me even more satisfied with this improvement now when it's my favorite girl turn to being animated, it's truly a joy to see Kusonoki animated and voiced by Koshimizu Ami =D

Last edited by karuroso; 2011-04-11 at 21:50.
Old 2011-04-11, 21:45   Link #47
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

A decent restart, if a bit underwhelming. The Keima/Elsie chemistry, which was probably the best part of season 1, is still on display which is always welcome. The tough girl who likes cute things may be cliche but that's kind of the point so I won't complain. The main issue I had with this is the supernatural element that got thrown in at the end. Obviously there are demons and lost souls and other supernatural elements, but I found it a bit off-putting when the supernatural becomes part of the capture process. For me at least, a lot of the humor stems from Keima trying to apply VN techniques to a realistic world. Once you insert supernatural elements into that dynamic it feels a bit off. I would have preferred if they had kept the alternate version of Kusonoki only in her head.
Old 2011-04-11, 22:28   Link #48
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Well he explains it in the first five minutes that the demons are the reason the gals start acting strange, so it's a given that the supernatural aspect would only be glorified further. That's a pretty silly thing to be complaining about given the context of this show.

Anyways:

Spoiler for ANIMEUPGRADESMISSLETITS:

I continue to believe that this season will be as fantastically done as the first, which to me is one of the best adaptations I've ever freaking seen. Can not wait for my Haqua~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-04-11 at 23:08. Reason: Please use thumbnails when posting large pics!
Old 2011-04-11, 22:58   Link #49
winkel

I chuckled a bit in nostalgia when Elsie typed YUUTE IMIYA OUUKI... totally made me recall my 8-bit years with DQ.

A great first episode start. Surprised that there's only going to be 3 girls this season though...
Old 2011-04-11, 23:00   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Not a bad first episode... which is just a continuation of the previous season, so it really isn't a first episode though.
Girl this time is some mentally disturbed version Sakaki-san type. Which... wasn't that bad, especially the last part with her in her casual clothes, but kind of meh. Then again, the previous girl was worse.

OP was... kind of disappointing. It seems to try and be like the previous, but the vocals and visuals just doesn't seem as "divine" as the first.

Who did the end card this time? Love Plus' Mino Taro?
I wish they wrote the name down instead of having their signature. Can't... read... it...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-04-11, 23:20   Link #51
Kyouka
Is Here

um i just thought of it 2 seasons now are we hanvt hit the 50 chapter mark does this mean this anime will have 10 seasons
Old 2011-04-12, 00:06   Link #52
coderlan
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
um i just thought of it 2 seasons now are we hanvt hit the 50 chapter mark does this mean this anime will have 10 seasons
Then it would be like one of those Naruto, Bleach, One Piece series...

I hope it gets past season 3 until I get to see Tenri.. but I doubt it, but I hope it does.
Old 2011-04-12, 00:11   Link #53
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
Then it would be like one of those Naruto, Bleach, One Piece series...
Of course there's nothing wrong with being like that yes?

A long adaptation for this series is what I WOULD like to see happen, but I have feeling these 2 seasons will be all.
Old 2011-04-12, 02:02   Link #54
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
Well, there are few anime that continue to have seasons until it catches up to the original source... And unless it is godly and internationally popular, the chances are very, VERY slim.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-04-12, 02:37   Link #55
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, there are few anime that continue to have seasons until it catches up to the original source... And unless it is godly and internationally popular, the chances are very, VERY slim.
Especially when the producers/editors themselves didn't/don't believe in the project...

As the author stated in his short life resume in the 8th volume.
Manly tears.

Old 2011-04-12, 03:06   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Best recap ever, beautiful OP and a well done first episode. I'm glad Kaminomi anime has returned.

Also..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Spoiler for ANIMEUPGRADESMISSLETITS:
Hnnnnggghhhhhhh.
Old 2011-04-12, 03:06   Link #57
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I wanted to see Hakua, but this works too, especially her dere apparition
Old 2011-04-12, 03:28   Link #58
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
If I didn't watch the full 1st season, can I jump right into this?
Old 2011-04-12, 03:31   Link #59
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
If I didn't watch the full 1st season, can I jump right into this?
I wouldn't but I don't like jumping ahead like that.

I liked this episode, especially the starting retro game scene.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-12, 03:37   Link #60
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Well it's because I regarded the 1st season as a composition of separate mini-arcs branching towards the different heroines and... well I just wasn't interested in all of them. If there is any key story element that I missed other than the 'gotta catch them all' stuff, I'd appreciate if someone can just fill me in.
Closed Thread