AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 58 29.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 30.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-19, 13:44   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Claymore - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Claymore, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-06-19, 13:49   Link #2
killer3000ad

First! Hehe sorry i had to. Anyways, the screenshots over at 4chan really got my appetite watering, looks like they covered 3 chapters here.
Old 2007-06-19, 14:00   Link #3
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Ophelia!!! Ophelia!!!! Ophelia!!!!
Old 2007-06-19, 14:02   Link #4
superzombie23

Can't wait to watch.
Old 2007-06-19, 14:19   Link #5
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hope some screenshots pop up, I can never find anything on 4chan
Old 2007-06-19, 14:29   Link #6
Squawks
PSI you from behind

OPHELIA!

There, as you can see, I can't wait. D:
Old 2007-06-19, 14:34   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Time for everyone to see how girls with ponytails play with barbie dolls. Fortunately Clare brought her live action Ken doll and she's playing house.

In related news, can anyone explain why they like Ophelia so much? (Without spoiling episode 13) I just don't get it. If you have to spoil episode 13 to explain, then please just let it wait until then to answer me.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-19, 14:36   Link #8
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Time for everyone to see how girls with ponytails play with barbie dolls. Fortunately Clare brought her live action Ken doll and she's playing house.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-19, 14:47   Link #9
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Let us just say people like her for simliar reasons they like Hollow Ichigo in Bleach and that is all I can say.
Old 2007-06-19, 15:56   Link #10
Lendial

bloodthirsty and prideful? that doesnt seem enough to warrant like. maybe the pony tail but she isnt very feminant/pretty unlike galatea/teresa nor does she seem very nice.
Old 2007-06-19, 15:57   Link #11
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:

In related news, can anyone explain why they like Ophelia so much? (Without spoiling episode 13) I just don't get it. If you have to spoil episode 13 to explain, then please just let it wait until then to answer me.
You donīt have to be spoiled by episode 13. People just like Ophelia because......because...I donīt know...Maybe because she tried to..Do the "Freafy Freaky Stylé" if you get what Iīm saying.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:05   Link #12
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:

People probably like her for how she's so different then the rest, she's gone somewhat completely mental and I like her for her past. I'm sure that's it.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:23   Link #13
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
At first she was just another creepy psychotic chick. Interesting antagonist, but nothing really more than that. The more they went through her storyline, though, the more I got a, well... hate to say this, but.. 'moe' feeling for her. I won't try to spoil 13 because frankly I'm not sure at what point that transition happened. It was just the accumulation of everything that occurred in the storyline, and then rereading it several times.

It may be vaguely like how people are sympathetic to Priscilla (who I don't care for too much, except as a cool villain), but I'm not sure that's the best comparison. I will say that in general I'm far more enamored with the darker, recalcitrant types than the ever-hopeful, optimistic types (and thus tend to despise most leading female characters; Clare avoids this and stays safely on the ++ list).

Possibly a better comparison is Helen. Ophelia and Helen are the only two Claymores so far that seem to show strong emotional foibles outside of the designated "I'm here to do my job" motif. Definitely taken in extremely different directions, but they seem to have the greatest sense of character that you can actually latch on to. People like Clare, Deneve, Miria and Galatea are far more controlled and internalized. While I definitely like all of them, there's a distance that they hold the world (and thus viewer) at that makes it difficult to truly feel attached to them.

Now excuse me while I go find a new avatar to match the sig.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:33   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thanks Kinematics. I think I understand it better after reading your post. For myself I think she is a nutjob-and-a-half who would be bettter off (and happier) with a sword through her sternum. But I suppose I can see the alternate view now that you've explained it. Looking forward to seeing that new avatar, though I'll miss the current one.

I'm looking forward to seeing the episode subbed. Good times... good times... This is going to be so cool animated. Can someone tell me what scene the anime ends at. Normally by this point someone posts a long list of screenshots or a synopsis that answers the question and I reply on it to help me keep out spoilers.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:37   Link #15
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

^The only thing that I can say is one thing <10> My vote is ten and I donīt regret it. it brings back the feeling of the Golden age ;_; When Teresa was alive.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:41   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ophelia is shown in the preview right? she looks like a total whacko to say the least but i think the background on her would be the saving grace for me to even like her considering how detestable hate i still feel towards Priscilla (dam that bitch! >.<) ~ while i do like crazy psychos i think it all comes down to the form of torture they give out

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-19, 16:41   Link #17
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Kinematics. I think I understand it better after reading your post. For myself I think she is a nutjob-and-a-half who would be bettter off (and happier) with a sword through her sternum. But I suppose I can see the alternate view now that you've explained it. Looking forward to seeing that new avatar, though I'll miss the current one.
You're not alone with your wish to see her skewered. In fact, that never changed for me, and won't in ep13. Or later.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing the episode subbed. Good times... good times...
Something's strange tonight. Is it just my winny/share server, or are there absolutely NO Claymore raws listed yet? Not just not downloaded, but NOT EVEN LISTED?

Very unusual.

[Edit: And in just this second, the very first one showed up on Share]
Old 2007-06-19, 16:45   Link #18
killer3000ad

I noticed that too Mentar, right now I am refreshing 4 different raw sites every 5 minutes and no luck yet.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:47   Link #19
pomps
グ~…

Spoiler for end point:
Old 2007-06-19, 16:49   Link #20
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Is it the draw of the Dark Side that makes people like Ophelia? I think that it is the same draw that pulled people to Nao Yuuki's side in Mai-HiME. Both of them went totally against conventions and the norms and they both liked inflicting pain on others for their own gain and sometimes even pleasure. Normally, this isn't grounds to worship at their feet, much less try to get along or even tolerate them.

I guess it is because we all know that us human types don't like doing anything without a reason, be it good or bad. Behavior like this often has a reason and I think that the draw is to find out just what that reason is. People want to know all that they can and this is no exception, especially with a mental case like Ophelia. The crazier they are, the more interesting they are. And coincedently, the more we feel for them, despite their own best efforts NOT to be pitied, or so they say. ^^

I'll pose another question but after I see where the episode ends. Don't want to spoil anyone...too much.
EDIT: Matte ku...THAT'S the end point? Thanks pomps. I'll wait until the subs come out for it then - it might help with the question I want to ask. ^^
Closed Thread