AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 9 16.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 32.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-05, 12:46   Link #61
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It doesn't make much sense really. In the game they already know where the enemy base is, so there's no mention of an animal trail.

Thinking about it more, and there could be a few dozen animal trails in those woods. They could lead anywhere.
Yes there is...a mention of the animal trail lf l recall correctly....
Old 2009-05-05, 13:00   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Yes there is...a mention of the animal trail lf l recall correctly....
I just rewatched the part in the game where they first meet Hans, and there isn't.

Anyway, can't wait for that Jann scene in the next episode. He's to epic to be ignored, so i'm glad we're seeing that in the preview for the next episode.
Old 2009-05-05, 13:45   Link #63
Wargumm1i
Hentai

The Alice and Faldio moments in this episode made me concerned for a triangle in the future episodes, I hope that the Alice and Faldio moments wont hold no meaning in future episodes and hopefully there will be alot of Welkin and Alice moments.
Old 2009-05-05, 13:49   Link #64
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol a wigged pig ! Ahah its remind me a mmorpg "Domo" .
Well , good episode , Largo with his new weapon . A good tactic . The droppings part was funny . Welkin is intelligent as always .
The next episode seems hilarious .
Old 2009-05-05, 13:57   Link #65
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
I just rewatched the part in the game where they first meet Hans, and there isn't.

Anyway, can't wait for that Jann scene in the next episode. He's to epic to be ignored, so i'm glad we're seeing that in the preview for the next episode.
ha! l just went and rewatched the scene ...chapter 5. under a "path discovered" the animal trail path is mentioned before they meet hans!
u owe me a tapioca pudding!!!
the whole 7 squad seem like they will have some dialogue... o.o

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-05-05 at 14:08. Reason: l was correct!
Old 2009-05-05, 14:00   Link #66
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
The Alice and Faldio moments in this episode made me concerned for a triangle in the future episodes, I hope that the Alice and Faldio moments wont hold no meaning in future episodes and hopefully there will be alot of Welkin and Alice moments.
What triangle?
It's so clear that it will be Alicia and Welkin that Faldio is far away from being a concurrent. There isn't any tension. If the director want to create a good drama or a triangle he shouldn't make it obvious that Alicia and Welkin is the winner and make Faldio a real threat. Where are you seeing a triangle? I see that Faldio is teaching Alicia how to be a Welkin's wife.

Last edited by pingva; 2009-05-05 at 14:11.
Old 2009-05-05, 14:07   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
the whole 7 squad seem like they will have some dialogue... o.o
Really? From the preview we just seen Jann and Susie (who has spoke already) talking. Anyway, this is a chance for some of them to have some lines, though i won't be holding my breath.
Old 2009-05-05, 14:17   Link #68
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
What triangle?
It's so clear that it will be Alicia and Welkin that Faldio is far away from being a concurrent. There isn't any tension. If the director want to create a good drama or a triangle he shouldn't make it obvious that Alicia and Welkin is the winner and make Faldio a real threat. Where are you seeing a triangle? I see that Faldio is teaching Alicia how to be a Welkin's wife.
sadly it seems alicia has a deeper awkward kind of bond with faldio then with welkin at this point of the story compared to the game. maybe ellet will finally stir some jealousy in alicias heart regarding welkin....but that would seem out of place unlike the game. which worries me because l wonder how out of place/awkward or completely remove will the scene when 2 certain members of squad 7 get separated from the squad . the chemistry is completely lacking which is a damn shame!

shiroth where's meh pudding
Old 2009-05-05, 14:22   Link #69
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

When I cant get Alicia as my waifu, then I want that grey haired girl in squad 7! Someone tell me her name :3 And also if there is any chance of her becoming more important later on (a simple non-spoiling yes or no is enough, thanks)
Old 2009-05-05, 14:25   Link #70
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

one advice to the base, beware of swine flu
Old 2009-05-05, 14:38   Link #71
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
When I cant get Alicia as my waifu, then I want that grey haired girl in squad 7! Someone tell me her name :3 And also if there is any chance of her becoming more important later on (a simple non-spoiling yes or no is enough, thanks)
edy?
no, but she is popular enough she got added a little screen time through a dlc.
Old 2009-05-05, 14:48   Link #72
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
What triangle?
We're not sure how it will exactly play out in the end (actually, those who played the game do...) but the main reason why this even gets a discussion or two is because it was mentioned in an interview. Naturally, that's bound to raise some eyebrows whether or not you've played the game.

But yes, I also wonder what "triangle" really means in this regard. Is it actually a love triangle, or is it just for ooh's and giggles?
Old 2009-05-05, 15:03   Link #73
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
What triangle?
Hmmm, it seems to me that these last couple of episodes (and the preview of the next) are there to set up a love triangle. Faldio clearly gets under Alicia's skin due to his provocations and Welkin also gets under her skin for being so aloof. The fact that both men are able to bother her emotionally possibly foreshadows her feelings for both men. From what we have seen, I think she is attracted to both.

However, she probably feels stronger toward Welkin right now, but I'm excited to see Faldio tear down the wall she has in between them.

And, LOL, winged pig! So cute!
Old 2009-05-05, 15:08   Link #74
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Naturally, that's bound to raise some eyebrows whether or not you've played the game.
I haven't played the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
But yes, I also wonder what "triangle" really means in this regard. Is it actually a love triangle, or is it just for ooh's and giggles?
The opening and the 1st episode immediately shows that we are going to get Alicia and Welkin.
And so far the "triangle" seems is just for ooh's and giggles.

Last edited by pingva; 2009-05-05 at 15:22.
Old 2009-05-05, 15:21   Link #75
Solecs

Well, all I can say is that the episode was meh. I thought all the stuff between Alicia and Faldio was really, really dumb. I'm ok with there being a love triangle/polygon but the way they are doing AliciaxFaldio just feels really bad.

Also, for any interested, here are the names of the various squad members shown in squads 1 and 7 for this episode (they might change later on). Please correct me if I've made any mistakes :

Spoiler for squad members:

Interesting to note that Squad 1 is heavily biased towards shocktroopers and Squad 7 had 3 snipers at it's disposal (thought they didn't show anyone using a sniper rifle). One would think they would have sent one of the snipers with the ambush group, would have saved Alicia from getting shot at.

Last edited by Solecs; 2009-05-05 at 20:15. Reason: Corrected Rosina thanks to don Durandel + Typos
Old 2009-05-05, 15:54   Link #76
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
Well, all I can say is that that episode was meh. I thought all the stuff between Alicia and Faldio was really, really dumb. I'm ok with there being a love triangle/polygon but they way they are doing AliciaxFaldio just feels really bad.

Also, for any interested here are the names of the various squad members shown in squads 1 and 7 for this episode (they might change later on). Please correct me if I've made any mistakes :

Spoiler for squad members:

Interesting to note that Squad 1 is heavily biased towards shocktroopers and Squad 7 had 3 snipers at it's disposal (thought they didn't show anyone using a sniper rifle). One would think they would have sent one of the snipers with the ambush group, would have saved Alicia from getting shot at.
Excellent list, thanks. They are in the order of appearance at 06:40 in the episode for those who want to put a face on the names.

It's actually quite hard to tell their classes since they are all wearing scout armour and no equipment instead of the class-specific gear from the game.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-05, 17:26   Link #77
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
But they do discover Hans in the grass that leads from the main road to the route behind the camp with the anti-tank gun across the lake from the Edelweiss start position.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-05-05, 17:32   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
But they do discover Hans in the grass that leads from the main road to the route behind the camp with the anti-tank gun across the lake from the Edelweiss start position.
Yeah i know that, though it's still very different to how the anime portrayed that scene. If they just animated it like that, then we wouldn't have this problem.
Old 2009-05-05, 17:41   Link #79
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
What triangle?
I never said there would be a Triangle I said I was concerned that it might develop into one.
Old 2009-05-05, 17:43   Link #80
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I never said there would be a Triangle I said I was concerned that it might develop into one.
No but a love triangle was talked about in one of the interviews with the director a few weeks before the show aired.