AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 19:13   Link #1
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Talking Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon white 2

I think that this is a hell of a lot better then "Pokemon Gray." We get 2 brand new games instead of 1 remake.

Last edited by dickdatduck; 2012-02-25 at 20:05.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:15   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

.........really?

I mean seriously.. 2? they couldn't just make Grey? lol
Old 2012-02-25, 19:22   Link #3
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
It's hard to tell what's being done here. They're revising Black/White but could this be an actual sequel?
At first I thought they were combining the "revision" game with the remake game (which would be epic), but now I don't know.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:40   Link #4
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

FFFFF
Oh I hope it would be sequel rather than the usual remake lol. I'd love to see how N develop after he leaves the protagonist

on another note...why's that Reshiram and Zekrom look like that? I was under impression that Zekrom and Reshiram are supposed to be one pokemon before they separated, but this picture describes or hints different things They look as if they just combined with Kyurem and it doesn't look like Zekrom fused with Reshiram or vice-versa w

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:50   Link #5
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
The U.S. site also calls the games "two incredible new adventures"
Man, I really want this to be a brand new sequel. Though, it could mean we start off as completely new characters, or the formula gets some kind of revamping, because if it is a direct sequel and we do start off with the same characters, what would be the point in getting the badges again?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 20:04   Link #6
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
on another note...why's that Reshiram and Zekrom look like that?
Those are 2 new forms for Kyurem.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 20:05   Link #7
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
They could just..well, you know, create a pokemon games where our main challenge is not gym battle or pokemon league? So we might not get to fight the gym leader to get their badges but there will be bosses in several parts of the game to substitute the gym battle.

Of course this is just a wishful thinking from me

Quote:
Those are 2 new forms for Kyurem.
more like Reshiram/Zekrom equipped with Kyurem armor for me

Old 2012-02-25, 20:07   Link #8
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
.........really?

I mean seriously.. 2? they couldn't just make Grey? lol
well i am pretty sure GF want to make something different

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 20:45   Link #9
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well i am pretty sure GF want to make something different
If by different, you mean they realized people will buy it no matter what they do, and buy double if they do two, then yes they wanted to do something different.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 22:20   Link #10
com_gwp

I'm disappointed that they're not making a 3DS specific version. This multi-compatibility thing means that whatever 3DS extra features would probably be incremental improvements like better wireless connectivity or higher resolutions. Hell, I'm even doubtful about the latter.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 22:23   Link #11
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I'm disappointed that they're not making a 3DS specific version. This multi-compatibility thing means that whatever 3DS extra features would probably be incremental improvements like better wireless connectivity or higher resolutions. Hell, I'm even doubtful about the latter.
Keep in mind that not everyone owns a 3DS and that it's only one year old since it came out. I suppose Gamefreak didn't want to alienate everyone else who only own DSes and not the 3DS

But in short, I'm definitely preordering the Japanese version when they open... Guess another 60-70 dollars down the drain for other things I suppose.
Old 2012-02-25, 23:06   Link #12
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I bet one is stronger than the other and the MC seeks to fuse their legendary with the ice one to defeat the other one..... -head explodes-
Old 2012-02-25, 23:40   Link #13
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

This announcement was a serious surprise. I never thought I'd see main-title Pokemon games receive a direct sequel like this. I guess the B/W generation of games is the first Generation where they're trying to create a grander plot for the series. The ending of B/W with N was rather open ended after all.

My expectations are that they'll create a whole new region to explore with new main characters, but there won't be any new Pokemon, except for maybe 1 or 2.

It's a very unique direction for the series to take so I'm definitely gonna give one of these versions a try. I'm assuming though since I got White Version, I'm probably gonna have to play White Version 2.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-02-26 at 02:11.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 02:31   Link #14
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hmm, I have a feeling, that by the time this game is made, and the movie after Kyurem's get revealed, we may get some kind of plot with Genesect. Maybe Genesect vs. the ONE dragon (the combination of all 3). It can happen.
Old 2012-02-26, 02:34   Link #15
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
...but Genesect is a bug he won't stand a chance lol

j/k, it's quite possible for movie plot. Although I keep hearing that Genesect event for B/W is that it's created by some unknown(?) research lab or something for an unknown purpose... so yeah, maybe it's for the preparation to fight the dragon.

Old 2012-02-26, 02:53   Link #16
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I gotta say it, White Kyurem looks better than Black Kyurem. W.K. looks like a dragon ready to battle/surf. B.K. looks like a dragon with a bad back and a hernia-v-;;.
Old 2012-02-26, 05:17   Link #17
drsypher

I'm personally expecting the 2 may be referring to a "version 2.0" rather than a sequel. Kind of like what the regular 3rd version of the games are, only split into two to make more money. However, if it is a sequel, I'd just expect it to be in Unova still, but with different characters, plot and maybe small visual differences to some towns. I don't think there would be a brand new region as I don't see why they would make a mostly new set of games only to put it on the DS. While not as many people own 3DSes, these games are pretty good console sellers, and the 3DS could certainly use more of those, I think.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 14:43   Link #18
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
I'm personally expecting the 2 may be referring to a "version 2.0" rather than a sequel. Kind of like what the regular 3rd version of the games are, only split into two to make more money.
If that the case then just like with the usual third versions they won't be getting my money.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 14:52   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Keep in mind that not everyone owns a 3DS and that it's only one year old since it came out. I suppose Gamefreak didn't want to alienate everyone else who only own DSes and not the 3DS

But in short, I'm definitely preordering the Japanese version when they open... Guess another 60-70 dollars down the drain for other things I suppose.
or Nintendo didn't pay them enough to make it 3DS exclusive.
Old 2012-02-26, 15:22   Link #20
Alchemist007
*Author

I certainly hope it's a new region and story.

Tags
pokemon black and white