Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 21:33   Link #2921
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm more interested in Saya getting development. She's the only one not wielding a weapon and could get left by the wayside since this is an action title. I want to see what made her so insecure.
Well she is the brains of the group technically so they would need her to justify what is going on and what is possibly going to happen. Either from that I do hope she does get some development and the fact she is insecure is what I need to know also.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 21:54   Link #2922
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Spoiler for for space:
I can see that you've definitely earned that 'author' tag.

I mulled over what you've said and, being a male myself, you're absolutely right, especially on the characterization of Saeko. She is essentially the perfect woman for any boy's fantasy - the impossibly ideal woman that all men want - and at such a young age too (she's not even 18 yet). By all accounts, she should have taken command of the group - she's the single strongest member as well as having a good mental capacity. So why does she begin to defer to Komuro when she's only known him for a day, despite being an obviously better choice? And no, I don't believe in the 'she senses Komuro's true potential' or any rubbish like that either.

It's amusing to see how it takes some sort of cataclysm or some sort of disaster to bring out the true nature of people - whether they be saints or sinners. It's okay to be one or the other when the rules of 'being normal' don't apply, but in everyday society, you're expected to 'be like the person next to you so you don't stand out'. Oh sure, creativity is fostered and encouraged but rarely is it actually applied. We are groomed from the time we enter school to grow up so that we can replace the retiring smuck that has 'outlived' their 'usefullness' or has had 'enough' and wants to quit the rat race. So when there's the lack of a 'stable society', people find that they are woefully under-prepared to fend for themselves - which is what's happening in H.O.T.D.
Old 2010-08-15, 22:46   Link #2923
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
... but in everyday society, you're expected to 'be like the person next to you so you don't stand out'. Oh sure, creativity is fostered and encouraged but rarely is it actually applied. We are groomed from the time we enter school to grow up so that we can replace the retiring smuck that has 'outlived' their 'usefullness'
As I'm sitting in my cubicle tomorrow morning... logging in to check my email, nibbling on my bagel & sipping my coffee.... your words will continue to haunt my soul.
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 23:01   Link #2924
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's simply called fanfiction, which can be expanded with either an attempt at the fan creation area, or the numerous fan fiction sites you can find on the web.

In a way, it would have been much more practical for speculations etc, if the backstory and the context were more fleshed out than plain presentation of "no so innocent" assets.
Thus far, you can even speculate any kind of origin for the disease, to the point it doesn't even matter in the end.
Then a speculation thread then.

The origin is pretty much hinted in the anime saying about the virus that the US and Japanese gov are hidding which caused the outbreak. Pretty much takes out the supernatural plot here as I said before. The only thing we can speculate is which gov had this leak that caused this world wide spread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamuSkull View Post
Me three! Saeko>Rei.

Oh and Hirano>Takahashi.
I agree though here since IAM BIAS when it comes to Hirano. He may not be a fighter, but he's the best with guns in the group. Developments from the get go makes you go whoa this guy is awesome doing this and having more great facial expressions. If Takashi wants to setup he needs to become more than the guy that the girls go for, emo gone manly overnight and keeps his pants on so HOTD won't turn H. lol He needs more development than the generic male lead, one or 2 moment isn't enough, one reason why I still can't compare him to Hirano. Hirano's only weakness for now is the allure of the girls and not being able to fight, but using tools, protecting the girls when getting out of the bus, best background development where almost every episode he talks about his past, has the best lines in the anime as seen all through out the anime series so far.

As for Saeko and Rei, I think these 2 need to have duel, not on the boob side, but on the martial arts side. Though I think Saeko isn't in the influence of alcohol when she did that naked apron. O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm more interested in Saya getting development. She's the only one not wielding a weapon and could get left by the wayside since this is an action title. I want to see what made her so insecure.
Not really she drilled the head of a zombie in ep.2 Got shocked and probably won't pick up a weapon just yet. She's the brains and the strategist. She's also my fav girl here next is sensei.
Old 2010-08-15, 23:12   Link #2925
ZeKeR
Superbad

so? now what? we wait for HSOTD subs.... and watch
Old 2010-08-15, 23:13   Link #2926
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so? now what? we wait for HSOTD subs.... and watch
Mostly, we discussed everything their is from episode 1-6 I think and people have nothing else to say till we all watch episode 7.

Or thats what I think

*Watches episode 7 now*
Old 2010-08-15, 23:36   Link #2927
ZeKeR
Superbad

HOLY SHEEIT! saeko was HAWT!!!!! OMFGWTF?!?!?! that was cool! teh great escape!!!!!!
Old 2010-08-15, 23:37   Link #2928
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just watched PPV Summer Slam now going to anime.

Also as hinted in the new official images it's gonna be Saeko and Hirano team up.
Old 2010-08-15, 23:47   Link #2929
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Read the spoiler when you watched episode 7

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-16 at 00:13.
Old 2010-08-15, 23:49   Link #2930
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Spoiler for episode 7:
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 23:52   Link #2931
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
Well their cloths were in the washers and they couldn't find anything else... Oh well more fan-service

But I must know why does Saeko get so many sexy scenes in just 1 episode.... So many nose-bleeds are possible..
Old 2010-08-16, 00:04   Link #2932
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Of course zombie apocalypse will make girls lose all sense of modesty, they care about surviving to surpass modesty
Thank god for that, zombie apocalypse hurry up and happen, I want to be the protagonist in my own real life video game

Truth be told I would've left that little girl, mostly because
a) Little girls scream a lot b) Can't carry a heavy load and can't handle a gun properly c) Doesn't have the necessary strength or height to kill zombies d) Would just be another mouth to feed and more of a liability than an asset

Sure I would've felt sorry for her and wanted to be the hero, but in a zombie apocalypse I wouldn't have time for heroic antics unless the person was useful and or hawt

Liked the episode though, find it funny that no one noticed Takashi smells of piss.

Fanservice and action was just

Hirano continues the pwnage, this guy just cannot be stopped. Saeko is the perfect woman, she reminds me of Chizuru from Seitokai no Ichizon and Shizuka-sensei is well, is she just retarded, I wouldn't trust someone who doesn't even notice her clothes are off to be our medic.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 00:07   Link #2933
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Hirano continues the pwnage, this guy just cannot be stopped.
I'm starting to fall in love with that shotgun Hirano had when he blew away so many zombies due to the wide-spread.
Old 2010-08-16, 00:15   Link #2934
Maverick05

Well....I think this actually opens another line of debate. Rei and Takashi brings the drama to the show...but Saeko and Hirano brings the GAR/Ownage/Win to the series!!!

Grrr 45 minutes until I can watch the episode!!!

Spoiler for Question:
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 00:17   Link #2935
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Well....I think this actually opens another line of debate. Rei and Takashi brings the drama to the show...but Saeko and Hirano brings the GAR/Ownage/Win to the series!!!

Grrr 45 minutes until I can watch the episode!!!

Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler for Dog's Fate:
Old 2010-08-16, 00:18   Link #2936
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm starting to fall in love with that shotgun Hirano had when he blew away so many zombies due to the wide-spread.
Ithaca anti riot shotgun... thing is a demon...
Old 2010-08-16, 00:26   Link #2937
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Ithaca anti riot shotgun... thing is a demon...
To be able to pull a stunt like it did in the episode, that thing is now classified by me as a "Demon to Zombies"
Old 2010-08-16, 00:26   Link #2938
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I'm surprised you could tell what shotgun that was, most pump shotguns look the same to me but then again I don't know too much about guns.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 00:27   Link #2939
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I'm surprised you could tell what shotgun that was, most pump shotguns look the same to me but then again I don't know too much about guns.
I believe they said what type of shotgun it was in Episode 6.. Well they did say it was a Riot-Shotgun.. Or maybe Hirano said the exact type.. I just saw "Riot-Shotgun"
Old 2010-08-16, 00:34   Link #2940
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
By all accounts, she should have taken command of the group - she's the single strongest member as well as having a good mental capacity. So why does she begin to defer to Komuro when she's only known him for a day, despite being an obviously better choice? And no, I don't believe in the 'she senses Komuro's true potential' or any rubbish like that either.
Don't worry. The author has at least thought this far, but we'd have to get the anime to move along. Until then, keep watching and enjoy the fanservice.

As for Takashi, I think it can easily be inferred as to why he's the de facto leader of the group. Hirano knows how to handle firearms, whereas Saeko and Rei are both trained with a melee weapon. Shizuka and Saya are good sources of knowledge useful in their situation. What does Takashi have? In a word: nothing. But as a leader? Everything.

Being a leader doesn't necessarily mean that he or she has to be better at everything than anyone. Despite whatever flaws exist, he or she simply must be the most suitable for that role.

Takashi doesn't need to have some sort of hidden potential in order to be regarded as the leader. He just has to be dependable, with a good head on his shoulders—someone that others can look up to and trust. Someone who can make those decisions for everybody, and lead.

I don't think Takashi has always been this kind of person. Come to think of it, Hisashi seems to have more charisma than him, but such dire times can indeed bring out the best (and worst) out of others.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse