AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 14:45   Link #3161
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Funny that they didn't cover anything about talis face and that bs picture.
Old 2012-06-22, 14:53   Link #3162
james0246

So the extended ending is less than a week away. Okay. I don't know if I really care that much anymore...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 18:58   Link #3163
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Yeah

Spoiler:

me thinks they're digging a deeper hole.
Especially since... you know... you can see the fleet fighting when you limp towards your color of ending.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 11:31   Link #3164
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At this point I have no hope that this extended nonsense will improve anything. It'll just let Bioware at least pretend they were listening and that will be that. Oh well that'll teach me for buying anything Day 1 from Bioware again.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:50   Link #3165
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well, if The Old Republic turns F2P, and ME never sees another expansion, I think we can consider the battle won.

Of course, we will only win the war by bankrupting EA, and that's going to take quite some time...
Old 2012-06-25, 11:40   Link #3166
Destined_Fate

I'm still going with my theory that they wanted to separate the Squad from Shepard so they could do that spin-off game with Liara like they said they wanted to in the past. The others are just there to be fair to Liara fans that wont get a happy ending with Shepard.

But hey, if SWTOR goes f2p than I might try it out again. Though the walking... So much needless walking when I played it when it first came out.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 12:04   Link #3167
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I'm still going with my theory that they wanted to separate the Squad from Shepard so they could do that spin-off game with Liara like they said they wanted to in the past. The others are just there to be fair to Liara fans that wont get a happy ending with Shepard.

But hey, if SWTOR goes f2p than I might try it out again. Though the walking... So much needless walking when I played it when it first came out.
It wouldnt be so bad if the mounts after 30 werent only 10% faster than the others =\

anyways, Liara fans are lucky to even have her in the flash backs, Everyone but Ash/Kaiden/Liara Romancers get screwed royaly, specially Tali fans.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:28   Link #3168
Destined_Fate

At least they didn't get screwed as bad as ME2 Squad fans. Those guys were really let down because they could all die. I'm sure Bioware didn't think of the ramifications of allowing everyone to die in ME2.
Old 2012-06-25, 15:07   Link #3169
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Actually, that's something to give them credit for. You don't want to save anyone? Okay, cool. That's your choice. Now here are the consequences.
Old 2012-06-25, 16:24   Link #3170
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, that's something to give them credit for. You don't want to save anyone? Okay, cool. That's your choice. Now here are the consequences.
Yeah, I thought the Anyone Can Die (including you) nature of ME2's final mission to be one of the best parts!

Granted this decision also means that they could not significantly involve those characters in the plot without resorting to stand-in NPCs (this was even lampshaded during the Tuchanka mission in ME3 if you imported a game with a dead Mordin).
Old 2012-06-25, 21:10   Link #3171
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It is rather amazing how they could make those consequences really matter in ME2. Someone gets saved from an upgrade and you breathe a sight of relief. And then we have ME3. It was nice to see characters I saved (well at least most of them) come into play along the way. Did all that and then spectacularly fell on their face at the end. Be hard to screw up that bad intentionally.
Old 2012-06-25, 22:44   Link #3172
Destined_Fate

Quote:
There weren't any real consequences for saving them other than Tali and Garrus who were the ME1 poster children. Or any real benefit of saving them other than a EMS bump and a short "Hey it's you!".
Old 2012-06-26, 04:09   Link #3173
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
There weren't any real consequences for saving them other than Tali and Garrus who were the ME1 poster children. Or any real benefit of saving them other than a EMS bump and a short "Hey it's you!".
Not saving Tali or Garrus elimitaes two squad mates. Not saving Thane gets either Kirahe or the councilor killed. Not saving Jack means captured children used and abused by Cerberus. Not saving Miranda means the experiments on reaper control with refugees don't get shut down. Not saving Tali or Legion all but elimiates the Geth/Quarrian peace.

Not saving Mordin? That excludes you from the best scene in the whole damn game. Yeah, it's not an in-game consequence, but screw that. I'd replay ME2 just for that scene.
Old 2012-06-26, 04:24   Link #3174
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Not saving Mordin? That excludes you from the best scene in the whole damn game. Yeah, it's not an in-game consequence, but screw that. I'd replay ME2 just for that scene.
That was a good cutscene, but I found the cutscene you get if you betray Mordin more emotional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMPT4Cakaus
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 05:03   Link #3175
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Not saving Tali or Garrus elimitaes two squad mates. Not saving Thane gets either Kirahe or the councilor killed. Not saving Jack means captured children used and abused by Cerberus. Not saving Miranda means the experiments on reaper control with refugees don't get shut down. Not saving Tali or Legion all but elimiates the Geth/Quarrian peace.

Agree completely; the scene with Mordin at the end of Tuchanka was so goddamn epic.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:19   Link #3176
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Well the extended cut is now on xblm and psn, for some reason i'll get an error and failed to download...
Old 2012-06-26, 06:24   Link #3177
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I'll let others go ahead and check it out since I expect it won't be worth the bandwidth to actually download myself . Maybe it can simply turn ME3 into a game with a bad ending rather than a game with a horrible one.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:29   Link #3178
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Apparently the Extended Cut adds a 4th ending.

Spoiler for New Ending:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 06:47   Link #3179
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Apparently the Extended Cut adds a 4th ending.

Spoiler for New Ending:
That's good. That means you get to fight and kill the Reapers the old fashioned way.

The Reapers in their nerfed ME3 state are no longer ancient godly beings. They are just big and powerful. They can be killed. And they will be killed. That's how it should be.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:49   Link #3180
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's good. That means you get to fight and kill the Reapers the old fashioned way.

The Reapers in their nerfed ME3 state are no longer ancient godly beings. They are just big and powerful. They can be killed. And they will be killed. That's how it should be.
Yeah, but not for another 50,000 years.

Spoiler for Refusal Ending:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass