AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-08, 21:26   Link #61
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
he's the eldest sibling, right? if so, there are many cases in which the mother would dote on the eldest son.... so possibly upon discovering her son gone she went mental because she had just lost her 'precious' son . . . . . not sure how to word this since this is psychological, and I ain't a psychologist

>_<
yea which is why I cant understand why she isnt happy that he turned out to be alive
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 22:51   Link #62
obnuchious

8 years being convinced that her son was dead.....not to mention she strongly believed it . . . again, mental/psychological thing . . .

let's just wait when/if MC showed his OPness right in front of his family (especially in front of his mother and sister) and what would be their reaction ..especially when that scenario is where the sister and y.brother combo were defeated/helpless . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 05:35   Link #63
Haigi

Quote:
8 years being convinced that her son was dead.....not to mention she strongly believed it . . . again, mental/psychological thing . . .

let's just wait when/if MC showed his OPness right in front of his family (especially in front of his mother and sister) and what would be their reaction ..especially when that scenario is where the sister and y.brother combo were defeated/helpless . . .
According to what I read it was precisely because she loved her child too much that it was hard for her to continue being disillusioned and hold hope that he's still alive(after 8 years). Which is also why she broke down mentally as her husband wouldn't agree. Even more so when he returned as an all D. That could not possibly be her child.

He did show his OPness in that exact same situation. Just that...
Spoiler:
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 06:01   Link #64
kaikalaila

Unless i made a mistake, any info about the school that everyone spirited away are put into? How and when it was founded?
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 06:30   Link #65
Haigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikalaila View Post
Unless i made a mistake, any info about the school that everyone spirited away are put into? How and when it was founded?
All returnees are to be enrolled in the UN=Garest Joint Special High School without fail. It's the top and best school that everyone is trying to get in.

It was founded 8 years ago as a result of the intercultural exchange programme. It's built within a huge marinetime area?compound?city?island? situated on Earth in the....somewhere in the ocean. Which also includes a huge plot of wilderness that gathers and generates monsters from Garest for the purpose of field training.
Old 2015-02-09, 06:34   Link #66
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigi View Post
All returnees are to be enrolled in the UN=Garest Joint Special High School without fail. It's the top and best school that everyone is trying to get in.

It was founded 8 years ago as a result of the intercultural exchange programme. It's built within a huge marinetime area?compound?city?island? situated on Earth in the....somewhere in the ocean. Which also includes a huge plot of wilderness that gathers and generates monsters from Garest for the purpose of field training.
Wait wait wait ...

You mean that all other who got "spirited away" got sent to Garest? While MC is the only one that got sent to Falandia?
Old 2015-02-09, 06:44   Link #67
kaikalaila

Quote:

Interesting. Another question, so any hint of conspiracy and what not? My senses are tingling.....Don't answer if it would spoil alot of things....
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 06:51   Link #68
Haigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Wait wait wait ...

You mean that all other who got "spirited away" got sent to Garest? While MC is the only one that got sent to Falandia?
Yeah. But no one knows~~ he managed to muddle through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikalaila View Post
Interesting. Another question, so any hint of conspiracy and what not? My senses are tingling.....Don't answer if it would spoil alot of things....
Let's just say everything is surrounding him and the fact that he timeslipped for an extra 6 years.
Old 2015-02-09, 06:54   Link #69
goyya214
[][][][][]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Wait wait wait ...

Spoiler for :

well.. the real question is where did the offset of 6yrs happened?
when he got to farandia?
when he returned to earth?
or farandia's time is really slow

goyya214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 07:31   Link #70
Haigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyya214 View Post

well.. the real question is where did the offset of 6yrs happened?
when he got to farandia?
when he returned to earth?
or farandia's time is really slow
No one knows. That's why everyone's trying to 'research/monitor' him. Some say it was during the trip to and fro. There are cases where people timeslipped for up to a month but not 6 years.

No clarification given as of yet.

What I think is that either due to the fact that the distance between Farandia and Garest is so different that it takes years to get there or that time flows slower there.
Old 2015-02-09, 07:33   Link #71
wtfkjp
Time Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boccob View Post
I think I've seen a movie with that exact premise. Only with aliens instead of a fantasy world. He came back after 8 years had passed but didn't age a day. The mother refused to believe.

I want to say flight of the navigator, but I don't remember if that boy ended up with family problems.

Overall though, it's a very believable situation if this were a real setting.
wats the movie called?
wtfkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 07:41   Link #72
goyya214
[][][][][]

Quote:
No one knows. That's why everyone's trying to 'research/monitor' him. Some say it was during the trip to and fro. There are cases where people timeslipped for up to a month but not 6 years.

What I think is that either due to the fact that the distance between Farandia and Garest is so different that it takes years to get there or that time flows slower there.

i think it is when he got summoned which is not a proper summoning(middle of the forest)

most people wouldn't like it if it happen when going back to earth(maybe)... since the people he knows in farandia would take atleast 6yrs meet him again or they are older by at least 6yrs since what the MC took is an experimental device(which is maybe the real reason but i wish not)..

goyya214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 07:56   Link #73
Schion93

Quote:

if its distance maybe when he first went to farandia it took 3 years then when he went back it took another 3 years?
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 08:55   Link #74
obnuchious

Quote:
According to what I read it was precisely because she loved her child too much that it was hard for her to continue being disillusioned and hold hope that he's still alive(after 8 years). Which is also why she broke down mentally as her husband wouldn't agree. Even more so when he returned as an all D. That could not possibly be her child.

He did show his OPness in that exact same situation. Just that...
Spoiler:
he being her most beloved child, only to find he's only D ranks while the other kids in the A ranks.... ya, her reaction most likely be 'justified' although still not right... if he's really her favorite, she shouldn't just outright deny him like that.... sigh.....

as for the sister's situation.....
Spoiler:

has this been asked....
Spoiler:

has there been situations where his "harem" or some of them managed to tag along during his 'extra curricular' activities?
Old 2015-02-09, 10:09   Link #75
Haigi

Quote:
he being her most beloved child, only to find he's only D ranks while the other kids in the A ranks.... ya, her reaction most likely be 'justified' although still not right... if he's really her favorite, she shouldn't just outright deny him like that.... sigh.....

has this been asked....
Spoiler:

has there been situations where his "harem" or some of them managed to tag along during his 'extra curricular' activities?
For such a weak child to stay alive for two whole years in such a dangerous place full of strong monstrous beasts...nope, she didn't believe it.

They all assumed he was living in the dangerous nature reserve due to the fact that there was an amaryllis fox with him.

Not while he's Masquerade. But while in school, the fox girl hides and takes pictures of him(as a regular student) under the premise of 'stalki-' spying.

Next chapter might take awhile. Oozing blood on the floor. Paragraphs+phrasing killing me.
Old 2015-02-09, 10:12   Link #76
laon
Hantai

Japanese runaway sentences will kill you on sight lol.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 11:55   Link #77
obnuchious

*prepares med kits*

*prepares numerous emergency numbers, just in case*
Old 2015-02-09, 12:35   Link #78
Haigi

Rant:
Spoiler:

Progress 2/9

Last edited by Haigi; 2015-02-09 at 13:50.
Old 2015-02-09, 15:35   Link #79
Breidaluk

You will get used to with time. A lot of novelists use this kind of explanation to better show how they are seeing this environment. And the new ones make some mistakes while using that.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 16:53   Link #80
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am slowly getting rather desilusioned about OP characters, especialy Narou related and just Kaito having some issues with self-esteem and other people aren't enough to completely convice me either.

That said it's enough for me give it a shot.
Well, from what I've seen on this forum, LN/WN protagonists HAVE to be OP.
Period.
Otherwise nobody will bother with them (apparently).

And since it's boring to read about a Mary Sue who can curbstomp everything easily enough to let no tension build up, they add all kinds of psychological/otherwise weaknesses in order to create something that makes the reader want to continue reading (while still having the warm afterglow of curbstomping everything).
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dimension traveling, fantasy, kaettekite mo fantasy, op mc, webnovel