AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 18 Rating
Perfect 10 21 58.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-05-02, 22:04   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament], volume 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past volume 1) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 18
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: May 10, 2017
ISBN 978-4-04-892893-9

TL;DR…
synopsis
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
cover image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 23:15   Link #2
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Prologue and a snippet of chapter 1 is up. I'm so ready.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 23:24   Link #3
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Prologue and a snippet of chapter 1 is up. I'm so ready.
So am I and more important then that which how must "normal" is being use so far I think this is the forshadowing that Tomua "normal" is about to fall apart and Tomua may have to leave AC by the end of this book or the next or the one after if it going to be a two or three parter. Also we may finally be going back to England after this event.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 23:36   Link #4
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

It seems to me that the normal is also setting up parallels between Touma and Aleister. They're starting to grow lately.
Old 2017-05-03, 00:49   Link #5
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Before anything else!

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Othi-tan does not hold back!:lo ve:

Back to the matter at hand.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

All that said, the following is the line that matters the most.

Quote:
The curtain rises.

What will now begin is the story of Aleister Crowley, a “human” through and through.
We're ready, Kamachi. Bring it

P.S:I had heard some stuff before, but boy, Crowley was some guy, huh?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 01:14   Link #6
The One Above God
Kamijou

So it begins...I might have to wait for the rest first.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 03:15   Link #7
LazyHunter

I'm glad that Kamachi addressed some more stuff about RL Crowley.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 18:27   Link #8
Chosen_Hero

So, Tsuchimikado seems to have a blood related sister... ok.
Old 2017-05-03, 18:48   Link #9
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
huh? Maika is his step sister. THE Reason he's called Siscon Sergeant.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 21:19   Link #10
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
huh? Maika is his step sister. THE Reason he's called Siscon Sergeant.
I know, no need to point out the obvious. I am referring to this:

Spoiler for chapter 1 part 1:
Old 2017-05-04, 02:58   Link #11
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Prologue was taken down?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 10:04   Link #12
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Interesting interpretation. Though I think he's just stressing that the non blood related part has him more excited than if Maika was actually related to him. Otherwise I think Touma would point it out.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 03:30   Link #13
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Just read the prologue. Man, that gave me shivers. This is what we've all been waiting for. Finally!

Now to read the rest of the PV and cry about the rest of the wait until it's out for real.

Edit

I just finished the PV. I laughed really hard at that shameless lampshading about the clothing lol. The comedy, action, plot, and characterization is a whole notch above the usual. IMO I expect this to be the greatest volume yet... and when I say that... I mean better than NT 9. If he really handles this as well as he has been, then I expect the sun and the skies this time around.

I'm going to love this book. And now the wait.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2017-05-05 at 04:03.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 03:44   Link #14
alex_drian

I suppose that all goes to shit from here
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 08:22   Link #15
KiharaRonin

I know I'll be attacked for this and I bet this is gonna be an awesome volume but I have to address this. People are overhyping this volume because it starts of the Aleister Arc. Sure, Aleister has been planning for awhile and yes it's been a long wait but seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
The comedy, action, plot, and characterization is a whole notch above the usual. IMO I expect this to be the greatest volume yet... and when I say that... I mean better than NT 9. If he really handles this as well as he has been, then I expect the sun and the skies this time around.
I'm glad you said your opinion and i respect you and your opinion but the plot barely goes anywhere in this PV, the characters have the same personality as usual, and I don't see an action in this preview. Most of it is comedy or stuff we already know. You're not the only person. Every forum that discusses this series has people hyping this because it's the Aleister Arc. My favorite are the one's who say this will be the final arc which makes them even more hyped yet if their favorite long lasting series actually ended they'd probably be sad. I respect everyone's opinions and I'm not saying don't get hyped at all. I'm saying go in to this volume with an open minded knowing this is Kamachi's story and he's writing it the way he wants. He isn't writing a note to God, he has just decided he's reached the perfect spot to tackle Aleister. Maybe, this volume will be the best but we can't treat it like Zelda fans treated Ocarina of Time when the volume doesn't release for 4 days and we probably won't see more pages get translated until after that. So just please keep open about this but don't over hype it. If it doesn't end up living up to your hype as alex_drian said in his own unique way, you'll feel sad and disappointed just as others feel after hype for a supposed Index III announcement.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 12:30   Link #16
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Raise your hands if you thought Aleister Crowley was the end game.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 12:53   Link #17
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Well I think quite a few people have thought Aiwass could be a bigger threat since OT19.
Old 2017-05-06, 13:52   Link #18
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Raise your hands if you thought Aleister Crowley was the end game...
...and literally no one raises their hand.

It was rather obvious from the way that Laura and Aiwass kept their game much more well-hidden than Aleister that he wouldn't be the ultimate boss. It comes off as hardly a surprise, I just hope Kamachi will know better than to set up some crap for the real last boss and finale of the story when Aleister would've been fine.

I mean, I would've liked Aleister being the final boss as early OT had hinted, but when does this series ever does anything I like anyway?
Old 2017-05-06, 18:04   Link #19
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
I know I'll be attacked for this and I bet this is gonna be an awesome volume but I have to address this. People are overhyping this volume because it starts of the Aleister Arc. Sure, Aleister has been planning for awhile and yes it's been a long wait but seriously.

I'm glad you said your opinion and i respect you and your opinion but the plot barely goes anywhere in this PV, the characters have the same personality as usual, and I don't see an action in this preview. Most of it is comedy or stuff we already know. You're not the only person. Every forum that discusses this series has people hyping this because it's the Aleister Arc. My favorite are the one's who say this will be the final arc which makes them even more hyped yet if their favorite long lasting series actually ended they'd probably be sad. I respect everyone's opinions and I'm not saying don't get hyped at all. I'm saying go in to this volume with an open minded knowing this is Kamachi's story and he's writing it the way he wants. He isn't writing a note to God, he has just decided he's reached the perfect spot to tackle Aleister. Maybe, this volume will be the best but we can't treat it like Zelda fans treated Ocarina of Time when the volume doesn't release for 4 days and we probably won't see more pages get translated until after that. So just please keep open about this but don't over hype it. If it doesn't end up living up to your hype as alex_drian said in his own unique way, you'll feel sad and disappointed just as others feel after hype for a supposed Index III announcement.
It's just the cycle of a new volume dropping, right now people might be praising it out of pure head canon alone but after they read it it's going to be "the worst volume yet" or something.
Old 2017-05-06, 19:57   Link #20
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Not really sure what to predict is going to happen in this volume, but as I mentioned in the other thread, expect a huge info dump about the Imagine Breaker.

Also, I'll probably turn out being wrong about it, but for some reason, I can't help but feel this is the one time Touma is going to fail to save anyone at all (Basically, Motoharu is going to die, and possibly Fran too.) Aleister is an entirely different entity than anything that Kamijou has ever faced at this point, well, besides the magic gods of course. But even they held themselves back most of the time. Aleister won't. That is what makes him different than everyone else. There is just absolutely no way to reason with him, so nothing Touma says is going to change his mind. And fighting him will probably be a one sided slaughter-fest.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote