AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-12, 21:38   Link #24341
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
@TK: Yes I'm complaining because I thought of them to be better and now I got to change things. But it's minimal; just shrunk TSAB area of control to match its power.
As expected you don't really seem to be getting the issue here at all and this isn't fixing the problem acutally it's probably just mangling canon even more as we see a world in the Manga numbered at 162... opps. The problem isn't the TSAB it's that your villains are overpowered and don't fit the setting THEY need to change, not the TSAB.

Old 2008-05-12, 22:28   Link #24342
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
As expected you don't really seem to be getting the issue here at all and this isn't fixing the problem acutally it's probably just mangling canon even more as we see a world in the Manga numbered at 162... opps. The problem isn't the TSAB it's that your villains are overpowered and don't fit the setting THEY need to change, not the TSAB.
Point taken. With minimal scaling, I can still have ordinary mages fighting epic enemies.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:11   Link #24343
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Lich Queen!? Sheesh...looks like I have lots to catch up. Btw, is it just me or is mibbit down?
Old 2008-05-13, 00:16   Link #24344
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Lich Queen!? Sheesh...looks like I have lots to catch up. Btw, is it just me or is mibbit down?
It shouldn't be down. I'm in it right now.
Old 2008-05-13, 02:14   Link #24345
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
It shouldn't be down. I'm in it right now.
I see. That means my network is blocking it now. Guess my boss caught me on irc one time too many. So you guys won't be seeing me that often anymore. *slinks back to work*
Old 2008-05-13, 03:02   Link #24346
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Okay, time for Thanatos 3...

Spoiler for Abby:

I stripped Rushyuna of most of her more excessively crazy gun skills, and gave her a conventional quick reloading style instead of her 'BustLoader'. Essentially, all that's left is the crazy skilled marksmanship.
Old 2008-05-13, 05:26   Link #24347
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The fact that he's borne by a cyborg mother. And the latest model of his Knight Armor is bonded to his bones.
Nanomachines then?

Quote:
That can play so many mind tricks while everything is keikakudoori, on top of being the single most powerful being in living and undead memory? You are not prepared...
But its awesome nonetheless. :3

Quote:
But isn't that a training unit? I thought Rogues digged killing more than that.
Not killing per se. But it is stated that SAFA are an elite unit that 'investigates new combat techniques and develops new equipment, as well as educate Armed Forces members'

I'm not sure, really. They're an elite unit, so you could theoretically say that they do combat missions from time to time (we know Nanoha did at any rate).

The main reason I'm concidering this is because it explains Keroko's sudden shift in career, I've always been slightly uncomfortable with having her going into the training division and then pulling her out again for my own cool idea of having her be a Squadron leader. Making Rogue Squadron a SAFA unit would mean that she didn't change careers, true I'll have to alter their battle-ridden past, but that's no problem for me.

Quote:
Think WoW Orcs. The ones with brains, familiar physiology, and speak of the Lok'Thar. But now in space. I prefer these Orcs to the Space Orks. And Thrall is awesome. FOR THE HORDE! :3
I see. The idea does have merrit. :3

Quote:
>.>

Kha summoned Alistina instead of Vivio I guess?
Alistina looks a tad different.

No, in this ending Keroko sacrificed herself to kill the big bad (whomever that may be) and in doing so ascends to the Throne of Heroes and disapears, becomming a Servant. Saber ending with a twist, so to say.

Quote:
But I was talking about changing the KhaxNanoha alternate ending for Fate that I created for Cente Gravia that has no equivalent in FSN. Have Keroko instead, or Kha winning both sisters. :3
Harem ending. :3

Quote:
The Power of Khrack Compels You.
Oh, trust me, Khrack is running rampant through my mind. From wacked out ideas like a prototype android (scrapped, of course) to a Sentoukijin, to Erio's sister, to a former trainer of the Aces in their early days, to another of Vivio's classmates, and even ideas like this:

This idea drops the high-defence train of thought of Alpha-Syn and goes for a more low-defence, high-speed version. I already have idea to why her hair is so short too, with a small wink to the anime.

Basically, I'm sifting through the Khrack in my brain and finding the right Khrack. The Khrack that makes everybody go 'hey, that actually looks good.'

So far the latest idea of combining Hikaru and Syn holds the most merit, not the least because I like both of them.

Quote:
Just a fun episode set in Cente Gravia.
Oooh, must read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Okay, time for Thanatos 3...

Spoiler for Abby:

I stripped Rushyuna of most of her more excessively crazy gun skills, and gave her a conventional quick reloading style instead of her 'BustLoader'. Essentially, all that's left is the crazy skilled marksmanship.
Great profile, only two 'buts' from me.

First, Subaru and Ginga also use mini-cartridges, and Teana probably does as well, so we know they aren't exactly custom made. I'd say give her regular acces to them.

Second... now this is probably just me, but from the way I'm reading this it looks as if you're writing C-rank mages of as being virtually useless, barely able to create magical bullets.

It's probably just me, and you were really talking about Abby though.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-13 at 07:14.
Old 2008-05-13, 06:53   Link #24348
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
I don't quite like the idea of sit-back-and-watch-them-overrun-you-before-intervening either. Knowing bureaucracy, chances are when the full scramble goes out, there'd be a chance that even the elites would be overwhelmed given their small numbers and the loss of the spam units. I learnt that the hard way in 40K, after playing my Commander agressively while the rest of the army lagged behind. Hotblooded yes, but sometimes Shas'O Ka died without doing significant damage.
Warhammer 40k is NOT THE WAY YOU DO THINGS IN REAL LIFE, PERIOD.

Quote:
Elite heroes can't be everywhere at once. I curbed the Necron threat by severely limiting their numbers and forcing them via lore into a corner. Even then, they still put up an amazing fight.
The fact still remains that they don't fit the nanoverse at all.

Quote:
If TSAB had more tanks, armor and support craft, and throw in a Comissar or two, maybe they'd have the firepower to backup all that Leadership 10 while waiting for the enemy to fail a test.

Unfortunately, with the revisions to the other races other than Spawn and Necron, Leadership is less of a problem to them, which means the TSAB isn't at much more of an advantage. And that's assuming their crappy strategy is just because of the defenders being messed around by the Brains, and only after the wannabe Aeolias got the bump were they able to scrape together something. If not, it shows that the TSAB doesn't even have Leadership 10... How much more gimped can they get in our abnormal multiverse?
Kha. TSAB is not 40k. Saint Church is not Inquisition. The Spawn can be defeated. How much more gimped can the TSAB get? I have you idea - you're intended on making it crippled vegetables.

EXCLUDING THE SPAWN, every single threat that the OFM has gone up against have been rogue TSAB mages, corrupt TSAB higher ups and black ops missions on NAWs. Think about that.
Quote:
Scenes like grunts with an inspiring commander roaring his entire unit into a hotblooded charge, resulting in the company outspamming the opposition. Said CO is just shy of Nanoha's level, but he then makes it up with lots of GAR. A homage to the God of Gespenst.

All falls to pieces.
"Friends!" yelled Kha, his Marine Valkyrie firing wildly all over the place. "Hold fast! With courage! We shall overcome! By faith! We shall triumph! With LOVE! We shall-"

clickwhirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kha's face paled as his gunpod ran out of ammo yet again... as Miriya Parino's Qaedeluun-Rau team unleashed their missiles on him and the Navy Valkyries with him. He went into a series of wild evasive manuvers, desperately praying that he could survive and return to Anita.

When the explosions subsided, Kha was the only UN pilot still alive.
Quote:
Depends on the laser turret density.

Though I must admit, even with their combined firepower, that rarely penetrates the high Invulnerable Saves of elite villains, and I'm not even talking about those who Feel No Pain on top of that...

And I'm weighing the political risk of the unit going on a rampage VS the unit being unable to cope with the power level of the threat. Not like the US is worried of her Marines turning on her, despite Bush's stupidity, doesn't it?
Actually Kha there have been concerns raised before about the possibility f a military coup in the US of A. The only reason why the Marines don't consider the idea of turning on America is because Boot Camp is really 90 day indoctrination into the whole mindset and ethos of being a Marine, including Defend America.

Also, the Military follows the orders of the President of the United States of America. Said orders may be stupid, but if they are lawfully given by the president the military will obey. If Obama or Hillary became president and said "Alright leave iraq and let it burn" the Military would obey. If McCain became President and said Stay, the Military would stay.

Besides, Kha, your analogy is wrong. You're thinking of an entire service going rogue. What the Bureau people are more worried about is their versions of SEALs or Delta Force or Rangers or Green Berets going rogue.

Quote:
Hmm... Damn.
You never played SRW, did you?

Quote:
Ja I somehow missed it while reading... ><
[Gauron]Baka.[/Gauron]

Quote:
That's only because I haven't bothered to give that Khrack first pass metabolism into something more reasonable, which you have definitely done.
No it's just that I tend to be a lot more reasonable when I write this shit; I got out of the whole powerwanking you indulge in a long time ago. Unlike you, I tend to look at the universe I want to play in and then adjust appropriately. Which was why I disagreed with the Libranicus. There is no fucking reason for the Libranicus to exist. The Library Task Force was formed to defend libraries.

Quote:
I first learnt its name, now I learn how to spell. Like I said, I'm no mil-otaku, or I wouldn't be rebelling. :3
Indeed. That's why by the time the OC Macross Project is finished, you'll STILL be stuck with standard colors. *evil smirk*

Quote:
*prays for Wild Goose's soul now that he has cast it into the open.*
You're just jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Meh I prefer the Colonization era myself more hooks and areas for OC adventuring, I acutally have OCs in that era already and OC ships (and thousands and thousands of words of fluff)! I think the 35th Galaxy Deep Patrol Fleet and the 7th Special Operations Group of VF-17s, 22s, 19s, 11s, and VAB-2s might be slightly out of place in 2009 though…

That said this gives me and idea... Macross OC thread?! Spread teh madness for the lulz!
Well yeah, the Colonization Era does have more hooks and mecha to play with, but I haven't seen 7 in its entirity and quite frankly I'm not sure I want to try and rebuilt it. :P So we go with Macross instead.

...Macross OC thread??! Spreading madness for the lulz?

YES! WE! CAN!

But lemme finish this first. (Incidentally, Heavy Hitters is a tentative name for TK's squadron. And no idea of TK's charecter name yet.)

Anyway, a couple of retcons:

Standard Colors: All Marine Valks use the standard colors of solid gray, in contrast to the Navy's preferred white. Each squadron will have slight modifications to the colors as squadron colors - Storm Raiders, for instance, uses solid gray and black trim as their unit colors, with Major Schattenmann's Storm 1 featuring additional silver trim as his command colors.

Valks: Slight Retcon. The basic VF-1M now has the J's head instead of S, while the VF-1N is now the J's body with the S head and sensors. It occured to me at work that it made NO FUCKING SENSE to give the Marine Grunts the sensor and commo gear from the CAG Valk and letting the Marine Flight Leads use the basic Command Valk setup.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-05-13 at 07:39.
Old 2008-05-13, 06:58   Link #24349
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Warhammer 40k is NOT THE WAY YOU DO THINGS IN REAL LIFE, DUMBASS.
Goose, shut up before you set off the flame detectors again. Is it really so impossible for you to speak civilly in here?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-13, 07:38   Link #24350
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm getting tired of how gay he is for 40k and how he just throws things in wily-nily without bothering to try and make them fit in the Nanoverse. I fucking NERFED Chief! MASTER CHIEF! NERFED! So that he would FIT!

That and at times he has no commonsense and doesn't seem to grasp that this is NOT 40k, this is Nanoha.

Then again, I'm reminded of the words of a Taiwanese legislator who succintly described Singaporean Chinese as "idiots."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-13, 07:43   Link #24351
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Kha brings out the worse in me. And frankly I'm getting tired of how gay he is for 40k and how he just throws things in wily-nily without bothering to try and make them fit in the Nanoverse. I fucking NERFED Chief! MASTER CHIEF! NERFED! So that he would FIT!

Then again, I'm reminded of the words of a Taiwanese legislator who succintly described Singaporean Chinese as "idiots."
Big fucking deal. Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to flame TK and tell him to get a serious attitude adjustment/get that stick out of his ass? A pretty goddamn long time, but do you see me flying off the handle and cussing him out every time he rips a hole in someone's character design or starts spouting miltech shit?

No, I didn't think so.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-13, 07:47   Link #24352
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Fine, post edited to get my point across and remove the word "Dumbass".

Y'know, you're also a bit too sensitive on perceived flaming. Just that one line and you call it a flame? I bolded, caps and italicised it to make a point. If I were serious about flaming Kha, I wouldn't have stopped there.

And go ahead and flame TK if you want, nobody's stopping you. He'll just flame back.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-13, 07:48   Link #24353
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Big fucking deal. Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to flame TK and tell him to get a serious attitude adjustment/get that stick out of his ass?
Do it in IRC. I never has probs with tk and Goose, and sort of understand their stands and why they are so vocal about it.
Old 2008-05-13, 07:49   Link #24354
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Y'know you're also a bit too sensitive on perceived flaming. Just that one line and you call it a flame? I bolded, caps and italicised it to make a point.
In case you haven't noticed, we're walking something of a tightrope as far as flames are concerned at the moment. I've no reason to believe that Aaron won't get this thread closed down if things get out of hand again, so you'll have to excuse me if my tolerance for rudeness takes a severe hit for the next month or so.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-13, 07:50   Link #24355
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Nanomachines then?
Problem is, I don't know whether that's illegal...

...then again, you can't blame a guy who's born with them.

Quote:
But its awesome nonetheless. :3

Quote:
Not killing per se. But it is stated that they are an elite unit that 'investigates new combat techniques and develops new equipment, as well as educate Armed Forces members'

I'm not sure, really. They're an elite unit, so you coud theoretically say that they do combat missions from time to time (we know Nanoha did at any rate).

The main reason I'm concidering this is because it explains Keroko's sudden shift in career, I've always been slightly uncomfortable with having her going into the training division and then pulling her out again for my own cool idea of having her be a Squadron leader. Making Rogue Squadron a SAFA unit would mean that she didn't change careers, true I'll have to alter their battle-ridden past, but that's no problem for me.
How about a role like the Jedi, trainers that fight sometimes?

Quote:
I see. The idea does have merrit. :3
Now to find an appropiate mode of exit.

Quote:
Alistina looks a tad different.

No, in this ending Keroko sacrificed herself to kill the big bad (whomever that may be) and in doing so ascends to the Throne of Heroes and disapears, becomming a Servant. Saber ending with a twist, so to say.
Ah sou... I can't imagine how Nanoha's gonna take this though...

Quote:
Harem ending. :3
He said it, not me.

So, for my reply: YES, MY LORDO!

*runs*

Quote:
Oh, trust me, Khrack is running rampant through my mind. From wacked out ideas like a prototype android (scrapped, of course) to a Sentoukijin, to Erio's sister, to a former trainer of the Aces in their early days, to another of Vivio's classmates, and even ideas like this:

This idea drops the high-defence train of thought of Alpha-Syn and goes for a more low-defence, high-speed version. I already have idea to why her hair is so short too, with a small wink to the anime.

Basically, I'm sifting through the Khrack in my brain and finding the right Khrack. The Khrack that makes everybody go 'hey, that actually looks good.'

So far the latest idea of combining Hikaru and Syn holds the most merit, not the least because I like both of them.
Syn with a hyper-fast combat mode. Computes. Just need to give Hikaru more assets though.

Quote:
Oooh, must read.
If I get there that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Warhammer 40k is NOT THE WAY YOU DO THINGS IN REAL LIFE, DUMBASS.
I am not a mil-otaku, and I've rarely bothered to ask, so what can you expect?

Quote:
The fact still remains that they don't fit the nanoverse at all.
But they were there, and centerpiece to canon timeline of the OC. Removing them will result in the removal of Kaylin, Glock and several of Lowe's first OCs. I know cos I tried moving them into an earlier arc but even that caused problems.

There are here to stay, just need to "balance the points", such that 1500 of TSAB can take on 1500 of Necrons and win via the usual ways.

Quote:
Kha. TSAB is not 40k. Saint Church is not Inquisition. The Spawn can be defeated. How much more gimped can the TSAB get? I have you idea - you're intended on making it crippled vegetables.

EXCLUDING THE SPAWN, every single threat that the OFM has gone up against have been rogue TSAB mages, corrupt TSAB higher ups and black ops missions on NAWs. Think about that.
And historically, most of Kha's Knights have been battling everything else, from heretics to aliens to daemons. My point is that fanon does not serve the point at hand because it is colored by wherever you are coming from. :/

Anyway, like I said, Tk has already fixed my initial claims; I still wish to use creative licence to make foreign races work, and balance will be used, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

In game terms, if it's powerful, there's only a few that you have.

Quote:
"Friends!" yelled Kha, his Marine Valkyrie firing wildly all over the place. "Hold fast! With courage! We shall overcome! By faith! We shall triumph! With LOVE! We shall-"

clickwhirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kha's face paled as his gunpod ran out of ammo yet again... as Miriya Parino's Qaedeluun-Rau team unleashed their missiles on him and the Navy Valkyries with him. He went into a series of wild evasive manuvers, desperately praying that he could survive and return to Anita.

When the explosions subsided, Kha was the only UN pilot still alive.
I LOL'd. Yes Patrickism works.

(Ignoring that fact that when one reads deeper he would know of Goose's true purpose in doing that. )

Quote:
Actually Kha there have been concerns raised before about the possibility f a military coup in the US of A. The only reason why the Marines don't consider the idea of turning on America is because Boot Camp is really 90 day indoctrination into the whole mindset and ethos of being a Marine, including Defend America.

Also, the Military follows the orders of the President of the United States of America. Said orders may be stupid, but if they are lawfully given by the president the military will obey. If Obama or Hillary became president and said "Alright leave iraq and let it burn" the Military would obey. If McCain became President and said Stay, the Military would stay.

Besides, Kha, your analogy is wrong. You're thinking of an entire service going rogue. What the Bureau people are more worried about is their versions of SEALs or Delta Force or Rangers or Green Berets going rogue.
I see... Problem solved, and no further questions from my side of things. Just need to stop talking, start writing.

Quote:
You never played SRW, did you?
Course I didn't. No money to afford any of the consoles, and SRW Advance just didn't work on my R4. I watched Youtube and Wiki'd whatever I knew, and those 20 episodes of the tv series.

Quote:
[Gauron]Baka.[/Gauron]
Considering from whom I hear that word more, the effect was quite... amusing.

Quote:
No it's just that I tend to be a lot more reasonable when I write this shit; I got out of the whole powerwanking you indulge in a long time ago. Unlike you, I tend to look at the universe I want to play in and then adjust appropriately. Which was why I disagreed with the Libranicus. There is no fucking reason for the Libranicus to exist. The Library Task Force was formed to defend libraries.
My take on them is more fantasy based:

Spoiler for Khrack distilled... somewhat:
This was the original Khrack behind the Libranicus we see in StrikerS; by no means these guys were bookworms forced to fight; they were combat-ready book-keeping knights drawn from their units from all over the Inner Space and posted to the Infinite Library in time to be cast as players in Yuuno's Eleven.

However, the political maneuveuring appeared somewhat unrealistic, and so I held back full details. Even at the above state, I don't think it's quite ready to be used as well. :/

Quote:
Indeed. That's why by the time the OC Macross Project is finished, you'll STILL be stuck with standard colors. *evil smirk*
That makes me unique too.

Quote:
You're just jealous.
Oh YOU'RE the one to talk, hmm? ^_^

Last edited by Kha; 2008-05-13 at 08:05.
Old 2008-05-13, 08:10   Link #24356
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
You're in the fuckin' Singaporean Army, ahou, you should know more.

Quote:
But they were there, and centerpiece to canon timeline of the OC. Removing them will result in the removal of Kaylin, Glock and several of Lowe's first OCs. I know cos I tried moving them into an earlier arc but even that caused problems.

There are here to stay, just need to "balance the points", such that 1500 of TSAB can take on 1500 of Necrons and win via the usual ways.
Major nerfings are good. Very good. Nerf then port. That's how you do it! Say it with me! "Do the Urkle! Nerf then port! Do the Urkle!"

Quote:
And historically, most of Kha's Knights have been battling everything else, from heretics to aliens to daemons. My point is that fanon does not serve the point at hand because it is colored by wherever you are coming from. :/

Anyway, like I said, Tk has already fixed my initial claims; I still wish to use creative licence to make foreign races work, and balance will be used, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

In game terms, if it's powerful, there's only a few that you have.
Fine I'll let it rest I want to write about valkyries not argue anyway.

Quote:
I LOL'd. Yes Patrickism works.

(Ignoring that fact that when one reads deeper he would know of Goose's true purpose in doing that. )
True purpose? Why, whatever do you mean?

Quote:
Course I didn't. No money to afford any of the consoles, and SRW Advance just didn't work on my R4. I watched Youtube and Wiki'd whatever I knew, and those 20 episodes of the tv series.

SRW OG1 and OG2 for GBA. Emulator. Roms online. Baaaaakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Quote:
Considering from whom I hear that word more, the effect was quite... amusing.
At least you hear Baka and then die, and not "Baakaaaaaaa" and get bished endlessly. :P You can only die once, afterall.

Quote:
That makes me unique too.
True.

Quote:
Oh YOU'RE the one to talk, hmm? ^_^
Why not, hmmm? ^______________^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
In case you haven't noticed, we're walking something of a tightrope as far as flames are concerned at the moment. I've no reason to believe that Aaron won't get this thread closed down if things get out of hand again, so you'll have to excuse me if my tolerance for rudeness takes a severe hit for the next month or so.
*raised eyebrow* And you're not helping the tightrope much. Do as I say not do as I do? Whatever. If you want to fight more, do it in IRC.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-05-13 at 08:21.
Old 2008-05-13, 08:18   Link #24357
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

So? I was in a military police ceremonial force. Not the best place to discover the works of the Armed Forces IMO. Already, my experience in NS was poles away from my friend who went to good ol' Infantry.

And R4 IS an emulator, for DSes so that I can DL roms and play. If that doesn't work, I don't bother. My com is for playing WoW. :3

Egads a smiling contest. Aaron would be proud. :3
Old 2008-05-13, 08:21   Link #24358
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
So? I was in a military police ceremonial force. Not the best place to discover the works of the Armed Forces IMO. Already, my experience in NS was poles away from my friend who went to good ol' Infantry.

And R4 IS an emulator, for DSes so that I can DL roms and play. If that doesn't work, I don't bother. My com is for playing WoW. :3

Egads a smiling contest. Aaron would be proud. :3
Lol no wonder. OG1 and OG2 are GBA. Baka. :3

Indeed Aaron would be proud.

HAYAURION FOR THE WIN!

:3

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-13, 08:31   Link #24359
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Problem is, I don't know whether that's illegal...

...then again, you can't blame a guy who's born with them.
See? The problem solves itself, if you know where to look. :3

Quote:
How about a role like the Jedi, trainers that fight sometimes?
I figured something like that, yes.

Quote:
Ah sou... I can't imagine how Nanoha's gonna take this though...
Quite a lot... Imagine the next grail war, Nanoha becomes a master for the sole purpose of summoning her sister.

Khrack spawned by Khrack. And delicious Khrack at that.

Quote:
He said it, not me.

So, for my reply: YES, MY LORDO!

*runs*
In my opinion every ren'ai game deserves a harem ending, unlocked after you finished all the characters routes.

Quote:
Syn with a hyper-fast combat mode. Computes. Just need to give Hikaru more assets though.
Or nerf Syn's. Boy is she going to hate me for that one...

Quote:
Something like this. I'm on that level as well.

That aside, hero pwnage does exist in 40K. Characters like Abandon aside, bringing in your Shas-o while your Fire Warriors keep them pinned and going in with Cycling Ion Blasters can tear them apart, after which your Fire Warriors start mopping up the remainders. Just remember to make sure you have Markerlight networks and watch as your Fire Warriors suddenly tear even the hardy Space Marines appart with BS 5 shots.

Quote:

Best way to do that is to nerf the Necron. Most of their awesomness is exagerated anyways. True, a Necron Lord does make a Necron Army vastly more dangerous (especially when propperly equiped), but you're already throwing in hero units then.

But really, not all Necron can pull themselves together in the middle of a battle. for one, another Necron unit needs to be close. Necron only repair on a roll of 4-6, giving them a 50% chance of recovery. On a roll of 1-3, the Necron is removed and doesn't get another chance. Also, a Necron destroyed in close combat by a weapon that does not allow an armor save (and I think a lot of magical weapons count as that) or a Necron destroyed by a weapon who's strength is twice the toughness (think Siege type attacks like Divine Buster, even one of Subaru's level and the like) do not get a chance to repair, unless with a ressurection orb.

You see? Necron aren't as nerf-worthy as they apear.
Old 2008-05-13, 08:32   Link #24360
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

And I thought R4 was an Asian thing; didn't know you have no clue what it is. It's supposed to be backwards compatible, but there are games that just bug with it, and sadly SRW is one of them...

Now if you excuse, I have some crack to cook for my lecturers.