AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-07, 04:55   Link #301
Merctrin
Immi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
@Merctrin: Crap, I realized that I haven't reviewed your latest chapter yet @_@. I'll get on that!

Speaking of things that I haven't gotten on lately, I've finally finished Chapter VII . This one was tough, it just wouldn't come until the last few days when inspiration struck.

Love and Duty Come in Chains

Previous chapters

Spoiler for Love and Duty Come in Chains, Chapter VII:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Ethan still bugs me a little. I get that he's Kyo's friend, but... argh. I guess it's a little annoying to have him aware in some way that Setsuna likes Konoka. They have already managed to screw themselves up, so having an outside party who's unaware of the entire situation but disapproves of Setsuna's attraction is just a tad annoying. More negative energy can't possibly make them more messed up than they are already. Not that I can blame him for having something against Setsuna... she doesn't exactly do a lot to endear herself to... well, anyone at this point.

I think I've said it before, but I feel bad for Kyo. I can't think of anything he could have possibly done to deserve getting thrown in to the KonoSetsu whirlwind of idiocy/angst. And, well, just the fact that he's married to someone who is in love with someone else is a little depressing. Can he have a happy ending?

YES! Tsukuyomi craziness! Er, I mean, poor Setsuna.

Tsukuyomi did quite the impressive job on her... and fan disservice or not, their scenes were my favorite. Not only do they explain quite a bit of what's wrong with Setsuna right now (Setsuna angst, yay!), they showed Tsukuyomi at her best. All very disturbing and incredibly enjoyable. I can't wait to see what her present plans lead to.

*grabs popcorn and semi-patiently waits for next chapter*

Also, Hazan/Setsuna hints are fun and happy.
Old 2010-09-07, 22:58   Link #302
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

The epilogue for this chapter:

Spoiler for Now what?:
Old 2010-09-08, 10:02   Link #303
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
@Merctrin: Crap, I realized that I haven't reviewed your latest chapter yet @_@. I'll get on that!

Speaking of things that I haven't gotten on lately, I've finally finished Chapter VII . This one was tough, it just wouldn't come until the last few days when inspiration struck.

Love and Duty Come in Chains

Previous chapters

Spoiler for Love and Duty Come in Chains, Chapter VII:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

Can I still vote for the Kyo/Konoka and Hazan/Setsuna ending? Please? Pretty please?

And hey-o, Tsukyuomi! Um, I mean.... damn, look what she did to Setsuna. Certainly goes a long way in explaining how messed up she is, though I have to admit I was kind of confused reading through this chapter. I felt like I missed something important and got thrown into something totally different. But maybe that's just because I haven't read the story in awhile.

Also, Mana kicks ass. She deserves a fanfic about her. She's too badass to not have one.
Old 2010-09-08, 19:04   Link #304
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
Ethan still bugs me a little. I get that he's Kyo's friend, but... argh. I guess it's a little annoying to have him aware in some way that Setsuna likes Konoka. They have already managed to screw themselves up, so having an outside party who's unaware of the entire situation but disapproves of Setsuna's attraction is just a tad annoying. More negative energy can't possibly make them more messed up than they are already. Not that I can blame him for having something against Setsuna... she doesn't exactly do a lot to endear herself to... well, anyone at this point.
I was worried when writing that scene that people might mis-interpret it as Ethan having a thing for Setsuna , so I'm glad that it was clear enough what he really suspected! Having plot actually hampered me sometimes, as I have to keep the plot going in each chapter and yet still devote enough time to all the characters and their relationships, so Setsuna seems quite dramatically angsty without having many chances for me to show her being slightly more normal . But yeah, she's not exactly making herself likable to anyone...

Quote:
I think I've said it before, but I feel bad for Kyo. I can't think of anything he could have possibly done to deserve getting thrown in to the KonoSetsu whirlwind of idiocy/angst. And, well, just the fact that he's married to someone who is in love with someone else is a little depressing. Can he have a happy ending?
As sorry as I feel for Setsuna, I feel sorrier for Konoka and Kyo, for the reasons that you mentioned (and that were mentioned in the chapter). And Kyo, have a happy ending? Depends on which ending idea I decide to go with...

Quote:
YES! Tsukuyomi craziness! Er, I mean, poor Setsuna.

Tsukuyomi did quite the impressive job on her... and fan disservice or not, their scenes were my favorite. Not only do they explain quite a bit of what's wrong with Setsuna right now (Setsuna angst, yay!), they showed Tsukuyomi at her best. All very disturbing and incredibly enjoyable. I can't wait to see what her present plans lead to.

*grabs popcorn and semi-patiently waits for next chapter*

Also, Hazan/Setsuna hints are fun and happy.
I had an easy yet hard time writing the Tsukuyomi and Setsuna scenes...I knew what I wanted to get across in them but actually writing them were tricky . I'm glad you liked them!

I swear, if I hadn't made Setsuna so blindly devoted, I'd be tempted to write a little side romance ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Can I still vote for the Kyo/Konoka and Hazan/Setsuna ending? Please? Pretty please?
Well now, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? ^^

Quote:
And hey-o, Tsukyuomi! Um, I mean.... damn, look what she did to Setsuna. Certainly goes a long way in explaining how messed up she is, though I have to admit I was kind of confused reading through this chapter. I felt like I missed something important and got thrown into something totally different. But maybe that's just because I haven't read the story in awhile.

Also, Mana kicks ass. She deserves a fanfic about her. She's too badass to not have one.
Yeah, sorry about the confusion....I wrote it that way since I wanted the reader to experience what Setsuna was experiencing--so as the flashback scenes went on, Setsuna wasn't always sure what was real and what wasn't, and also whether or not her own memories were dependable (hence why I started putting the flashback dates at the end of the passage, to not spoil whether or not it was a legitimate flashback or one of Tsukuyomi's tricks).

Tangent trivia, this concept of Tsukuyomi really bringing out the psychological torture was something that I came up with early on that made everything fall together, as I had some plot holes before . A bonus was that I got a chance to write about what scares me the most: not knowing whether or not my memories are dependable, and related to that, being unsure whether or not something actually happened. The mind is supposed to be a safe place after all, and so being unsure of it terrifies me. Hopefully, I'm doing okay in showing just how much that messed up Setsuna .

I fear I'm writing Mana pretty OOC , but hey, if people like it then why mess with a good thing? ^^
Old 2010-09-08, 20:28   Link #305
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Well now, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? ^^
I still vote for it. I'm currently supporting it more than I'm supporting any Kono/Setsu ending you might have in mind, so that counts for something, ne?

Quote:
I fear I'm writing Mana pretty OOC , but hey, if people like it then why mess with a good thing? ^^
Mana is so awesome that you cannot mess her up no matter how you write her. She will continue to be awesome and badass no matter what. This is simple fact.
Old 2010-09-08, 22:24   Link #306
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Another chapter starts. With the guest star you never expected to see! And no, he probably won't show up again in like an eternity.

Spoiler for A cookie to whoever identifies the cameo.:
Old 2010-09-08, 23:55   Link #307
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

sounds like Imma
Old 2010-09-09, 22:07   Link #308
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Back to Mahora---

Spoiler for Intense screwing action!!!:
Old 2010-09-10, 00:36   Link #309
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Back to Mahora---

Spoiler for Intense screwing action!!!:
The only thing that stopped me from laughing out loud was that my brother was sleeping just a few meters away and he would wake up if I did.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-09-10, 20:59   Link #310
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Brief bridging/setup part:

Spoiler for Continuation:
Old 2010-09-11, 06:29   Link #311
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Just put up chapter 41. Enjoy while I prepare the craziest honeymoon ever for our little hero.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-09-11, 22:43   Link #312
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Continuation:

Spoiler for A new challenger appears!:
Old 2010-09-12, 10:41   Link #313
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

More Continuation:

Spoiler for Crossover Madness? This! Is! Mahora!:
Old 2010-09-13, 23:38   Link #314
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Continuation.

Spoiler for Hello, Kitty!:
Old 2010-09-14, 13:13   Link #315
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Here again.

Spoiler for His name is...:
Old 2010-09-15, 23:38   Link #316
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Chamo!

Spoiler for Wales' Favorite Perverted Ermine!:
Old 2010-09-16, 23:51   Link #317
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

The usual Pactio junk.

Spoiler for More stuff:

Last edited by OverMaster; 2010-09-17 at 12:16.
Old 2010-09-17, 01:04   Link #318
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

only thing .... minor mistake ... at one point you call Chamo, Chao
Old 2010-09-17, 12:16   Link #319
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Thanks for the tip. Editing it now.
Old 2010-09-17, 22:30   Link #320
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Continuation.